All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   Page 14 of 14
 [ 279 posts ] 
Go to page: « Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Page:

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 26th, 2007, 12:12 pm 
Village Elder
Village Elder

Donor: Prince (2007)
Friend of Hiker
First let me say, welcome to the board jondog227. :)

Always good to have a new member join us here on the Village, and of course even better in my opinion when there is an obvious enjoyment of smashing the Evil Six into dogmeat as often as possible.

jondog227 wrote:
I have always loved barrows ever since i was a low lvl 80 when they first came out. Day one got a brassard and flail, sold both for a total of 15m+ HA! After those 2 drops though, I had the biggest dry spell (200+ trips) with nothing but runes. This wasn't quite cutting it for me in the gp area so I quit barrows for the longest time, only going when i got bored. Lately however, I have been back and better then ever. A friend of mine showed me the PERFECT way to do it. Out of 100 or so trips, I've used a total of 11 doses of prayer pots . Here's my set-up:

But still, 200 plus runs of runes should have netted you 5 mil plus as well. That is if you sold them, since I never sell mine (other than chaos for Tokkul to buy Onyx gems) I can understand if you didn’t. ;)

jondog227 wrote:
Keep in mind, I am 121 combat with some decent stats. This may not be the way to go if you have <80 defence. After every run, I do teleport to my house, charge my prayer, repair what barrows I can from gp I get from chest, and tele back to Canafis. As I'm sitting pretty on 6k super energy pots, I make it from hill #1 to hill #1 every 15-ish minutes.

An excellent strategy. The only question I would have is if you have done an hours worth of runs without the telly, just to see if you can get 5 or even 6 runs done an hour. Then you would need to determine if the average profit per run is greater than the cost of the pots to boost prayer with out the home alter. Curious minds would really like to know :)

jondog227 wrote:
Every trip, I start with Dharok, head over to Karil, Ahrim, Verac, Torag, and finish with Guthan. The only time I use a prayer pot is when I meet Dharok or Karil before I can get to the chest as they are the only one's who can K.O. me on monkfish. When I get them at the chest, I don't pot my prayer as there is always the hiding spot by the two torches stuck in the ground which I can hide from them and eat up.

Again I understand your strategy, but I like the speed, I like to do run after run after run without break or interruption. I’m weird that way ;)

jondog227 wrote:
Hope this can someway help someone. If you have anything to add or if I left something out, feel free to talk to me in game. Just don't be mad if I don't respond as I'll probably be busy Barrowing Also try to add that you seen this post, or I might just ignore ya anyways Ha! Chances are if I'm online, I'll be world 65 barrows. Feels free to join me in a couples runs.

Since I also normally have private chat off when I Barrow, I cant be mad at you for basically doing the same thing I do now can I? You might consider coming to our Barrows event, it should be posted in the Party Forum soon, I believe right now it is scheduled for Feb 9/10 (Friday afternoon US/Friday night GMT/Saturday morning AUS) Tau_xi, Slims79 and myself are hosting this event. We are supplying 32 sharks, 16 Prayer Pots (4), 2 Super Restore (4) and 2 Super Defense (4) to everyone that shows up. That is what we believe the average Barrower would use for 8 runs. We are hoping for 40-50 people. While Barrows is not a ‘Group” event, we are doing it for a couple of reasons.

1) So that we can get together, a group of RuneVillagers for a fun time online.
2) Too work with some newer people that have some hesitation about doing Barrows out of fear of loosing everything they own. We can assist where we can, give advice real time, and, if needed, pick up the pieces. ;)
3) To share ideas and strategies with establisher Barrowers that might want to streamline their methods, so they can get more efficient and make the Barrows as profitable as they can.

So, maybe we will se you there?

And again, welcome to the Village, I hope your stay is long and enjoyable. :icon_thumright:

[hr]

Don, sounds like you have a great mindset about this, your right not to get discouraged, it will turn around and you will find yourself at some point getting 4 or 5 drops in 10 runs.

Just stay with it :)

[hr]

Well, Little Munch Master, how about later today if I make it home in time? Isn’t there a Zulu Barrow event today? :-k

If not, the Barrow Event scheduled (tentatively) for Feb 9/10 will be a good time. I might try to go before that, but I am out of town 3 days each of the next 2 weeks so I may be focusing on getting all of the pots ready for the Event itself.

But I do look forward to going again sometime. \:D/

Profile ICQ 

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 26th, 2007, 4:56 pm 
Priest of Saradomin
Priest of Saradomin

rarius wrote:
If not, the Barrow Event scheduled (tentatively) for Feb 9/10 will be a good time. I might try to go before that, but I am out of town 3 days each of the next 2 weeks so I may be focusing on getting all of the pots ready for the Event itself.

You could always send the pots this way, as I could do with the herblore exp and am on pretty regularly.

anyone who is barrowing feel free to add me as i am normally there, slims79 currently world 110. come join me if you want.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 27th, 2007, 4:43 am 
Sorceror of Saradomin
Sorceror of Saradomin

Got torag helm, not worth much, but hey, it's free afterall!

+ I feel refreshed to do alot more runs now :D

EDIT: right after the run i got torag helm i got a drag med haha :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 27th, 2007, 9:25 am 
5000/? Earth Warriors
Priest of Saradomin
Priest of Saradomin

What KC should I aim at to get deaths and minds back which I used during the run?

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 27th, 2007, 3:52 pm 
Priest of Saradomin
Priest of Saradomin

Blaze1200 wrote:
What KC should I aim at to get deaths and minds back which I used during the run?

I find 14 usually works good for me at getting the deaths and minds back, but everynow and then you do recieve bolt racks or blood runes, so I would have to say probably a kc of 10-12 trying to eliminate the higher rewards like racks and blood runes.

Also i think rarius found that it depends on the monster you killed raising you kc, from what i remember bloodworms were good if you wanted death runes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 29th, 2007, 11:58 am 
Village Elder
Village Elder

Friend of Hiker
Blaze1200 wrote:

For Minds your best KC is 6 then 7 then 8

For Deaths it is 8 then 9 then 10

So the best single KC for those 2 specific Runes is 8

At 8 you will also get decent Chaos Drops.

Your Bloods will be far and few between

And you will see absolutely zero Bolt Racks.

Have fun ;)

EDIT:::::

I have decided to update this post and include some graphs I made several months ago that I just havn't posted. The graphs represent 1,317 runs.

What you are thinking? But your post says 1400 runs!!!

Good question, glad your paying attention. ;)

Some of the runs were made at KC of 11, 13, 15, 17, 19 or 22. But there is not sufficent data at those KC's to trend (Yet :) )

Each Graph represents THE AVERAGE NUMBER OF RUNES (OR RACKS) PER RUN at the listed Kill Count.

This last chart just shows you the number of runs that were made at each kill count. You can see that each for each Kill Count listed, I made at least 100 runs. This was made just to give you an idea of how much data was collected.

Hope you find it useful. I have the raw data which I may post as well which shows other interesting info.

Profile ICQ 

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 31st, 2007, 7:57 am 
Sorceror of Saradomin
Sorceror of Saradomin

gj,Rarius :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 2nd, 2007, 10:22 am 
Hustlers Ambition
Sorceror of Saradomin
Sorceror of Saradomin

Donor: Guardian (2007)
Thats very nice, helpful to see which kill count to aim for :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 2nd, 2007, 1:47 pm 
Champion of Saradomin
Champion of Saradomin

I dono im thinking about switching KC from 14 just for somthng different but really its hard to decide, 14 does give me bloods pretty decent but its just kinda getting old. I am thinking 18 for more bolt racks, cus those i can sell for the profit, but 18 seems to hurt the other drops :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 2nd, 2007, 2:22 pm 
Village Elder
Village Elder

Friend of Hiker
The charts are a quick and easy way to see the relation between KC and drops. My common method of using it (when not doing KC’s to gather statistical data) is to run KC’s depending on my inventory.

I might be gathering Blood Runes and using a 14 KC, but notice I am starting to run low on Mind Runes so I will drop my KC to 6 or 7 until my Mind Rune inventory is restored, then if Death Runes are low, move up to 8 or 9 KC for awhile as I restore my stock. Then, back to 14 KC and continue to collect Bloods.

I can not reiterate enough, that I am 100% certain (although I could be wrong :D ) that Barrow Brother drops are independent of Kill Count as Long as you have killed the 6 Barrow Brothers themselves.

With that in mind, you should go to the Barrows for the sole purpose of getting the Runes you want, or need, on each and every run. If you get a drop, you get a drop,.

Changing from a KC of 8 to 14 to 21 to 11 to 6 on subsequent runs to gather runes will not effect your chances at a Barrow Drop at all.

Ultimately I would like to gather data on Kill Counts up to 30 to see if the data swings more than what we are presently seeing. Again that means a lot of runs at specific Kill Counts to ensure you have a stable database to pull data out of. My minimum number that I have settled on is 100 runs at each Kill Count along the way. Eventually it may very well mean 200 runs at each Kill Count from 6 to 30 or more. But getting 200 runs at each of those means 5000 runs.

As you can see, I have a ways to go. :)

Profile ICQ 

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 9th, 2007, 7:14 pm 
Page
Page

Rarius, just a quick question if you don't mind: How often do you keep a brothers drop insetad of selling? I know that a good bank organzizing thing is to have "doubles", so you can keep everything in order. To make it short, how many of each Brother Armor Sets do you have in your bank, that you dont plan on selling?

Thanks in advance-

oneeyed

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 10th, 2007, 7:38 am 
Knight
Knight

what can i say... I am very impressed with the amount of data you have gathered and how detailed your reports are :) very nice indeed

can't say that i ever do barrows, cause i dont like it very much ;) but that is personal preferences :)

If you need 99 crafting assist just pm me here on the forums.

My 99 farming goal topic :)!

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 10th, 2007, 9:37 am 
Village Elder
Village Elder

Friend of Hiker
Oneeyedsnipz wrote:
Rarius, just a quick question if you don't mind: How often do you keep a brothers drop insetad of selling? I know that a good bank organzizing thing is to have "doubles", so you can keep everything in order. To make it short, how many of each Brother Armor Sets do you have in your bank, that you dont plan on selling?

Thanks in advance-

oneeyed

Thanks for taking a look oneeyed :)

To answer your question - None.

I used to keep place markers just like you are talking about, but I have found that I really don’t need them for a couple of reasons.

First, that doesn’t really work for Barrow armor, remember that once you spend any time in combat, it starts to deteriorate, then instead of using 4 spots in your bank, your now using 8 unless you go and get it repaired ever time you want to bank it. Not realistic in my book.

Second was that I found I never used them all, so having a second set as a place marker for items that never left the bank didn’t make much sense. I got rid of Karil’s because I just never cared for the set. Otherwise I have full sets of the other 5 brother armor. But I find that I use Guthans about 98% of the time when I am using Barrow armor (not counting when I Barrow, then I use Veracs). So if I am using 1 set most of the time, and never really touch the rest, why have a place marker for something that doesn’t leave my bank? Items that see little to no movement don’t really need a place marker.

Third was, that it’s a waste of cash. Those items for the most part will only depreciate in value as long as there is a steady source in the game. So it makes more sense to sell it for a higher amount now and buy it for a lesser amount if I ever need to get it in a hurry sometime in the future.

Good question, thanks for asking :)

Mox91 wrote:
what can i say... I am very impressed with the amount of data you have gathered and how detailed your reports are :) very nice indeed

can't say that i ever do barrows, cause i dont like it very much ;) but that is personal preferences :)

Thanks for the kind words Mox91, and I understand you completely on the personal preferences kind of thing. There are many other mini-games out there that people like that I don’t, nothing wrong with the games or the people, just that I never got a lot of enjoyment out of them that others seem to get.

Guess I’m weird that way. :)

But hey, thanks for stopping by and saying hi, very nice of you. :icon_thumright:

Profile ICQ 

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 10th, 2007, 10:29 am 
Page
Page

I don't know if you've already posted it Rarius, but could you post a pic or list of what you wearwhile doing Barrows, and your inventory? Thanks.

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 3rd, 2007, 12:43 pm 
Village Elder
Village Elder

Friend of Hiker
Hello thread, my old friend, it’s good to see you again. ;)

Oneeyedsnipz wrote:
I don't know if you've already posted it Rarius, but could you post a pic or list of what you wearwhile doing Barrows, and your inventory? Thanks.

Well, sorry for the long delay in answering this question :)

I have said what I wear, although I do not think I have ever screen saved it.

There is a Barrows wide trip planned for April 20 (so mark your calendars boys and girls), and while I will spend more time helping people and guiding those that need it, I will be spending a little time there after that so I will take a screenie and post it by the end of the month. :)

Profile ICQ 

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 3rd, 2007, 1:48 pm 
Staff Elder
Staff Elder

So is the Rv trip set for the 20th of April now?

I think I will get myself along to meet the RVers I know and love, as well as try the Barrows for myself (it will be my first time ever - I always thought I was too low leveled but I may as well give it a shot!).

Now all I need is my melee goals and membership, then we are all set.

Hope to see you there Rarius O faithful Barrows Data Collector. :)

Halley92

Post subject: my trips
PostPosted: April 3rd, 2007, 7:01 pm 
Page
Page

Well rarius, i am impressed. i would not be so diligent with my barrowing. i have done a little over 150 runs in the last several weeks and made a little over 27 mil on drops. personally, the magic kill count is 13, i got all but one of my drops on 13, and the other was a TRIPPLE DROP ok count 18 which was an accident. the tripple drop was ahrims skirt, dragon med, and guthans helm.

i believe that the drops are not random. i have gotten 2 copies of every helm (16 total) in 150 runs, but a grand total of 2 barrows leg sets (2 ahrims skirts). i also noticed that the drops tend to come in clusters. i got 9 runs in a row with drops (8m+ total, 2 verac helm, guthan helm, 2 kharil coif, 4 other drops i cant remember :oops: ) after that i went on a 49 run dry streak ending with a brassy. also, in the first 18 runs i did in the beginning, i got 7 drops totaling 11m, after which i went on a 78 run dry spell. i dont know about you, but i am thinking this is kind of fishy. most of my friends have had the same experience running.

i use the way that uses the least number of p pots possible, ancients. i cast a spell and run around to where it cant hit me, cast 2 more, and run around to the other side. i use prayer only on kharil and the tunnel, as i dont want to die in tunnel and kharil hits thru even the best range armor. i use ice burst and blood blitz to regain health in tunnel and elsewhere. i have found that lunar robes are the best for anceinting in.

good luck continuing, and i intend to continue barrowing, and helping you upkeep and answer questions on this forum if you dont mind the help. i have access to the forums every day and can most likely answer faster than you so i want to help with the forum. anything barrows is my thing.

i also try to give barrows demos to people who need it. i will happily help one person at a time, as they dont get in the way of my anceinting too much (i use a water staff and have to click cast each time). i am scheduling a demo for the rv forum people sometime as well as one later this month for the people of tip.it

add me ingame, chat is always ON -- thing 3000

thanks

Poonatgere

look me up p2p: Thing 3000
look me up f2p: colossus286 and magemyace

i also

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 3rd, 2007, 7:05 pm 
Page
Page

halley -- i will walk you through barrows not in the group if you like, just pm me sometime tomorrow. i am off school for the next 2 weeks so that is optimum time to get a walkthru from me.

pm me or post here to schedule.

PEACE

poonatgere

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 4th, 2007, 7:46 pm 
Page
Page

woo woo after nearly 3 months barrowless, i came back to 4 runs dry and a v flail. i am back in it for a while i was ancient pkin so i have supplies minus pray pots, anyone that wants to sell to me i buy 3 dose at 7.5k ea and 4 dose at 8.5k ea

prices are negotiable but i prefer not to go over that unless in groups of 50+

thanks
poonatgere

Profile WWW 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Page 14 of 14
 [ 279 posts ] 
Go to page: « Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Page: