All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   Page 10 of 14
 [ 279 posts ] 
Go to page: « Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next »  Page:

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 19th, 2006, 7:54 pm 
Wizard
Wizard

Donor: Prince (2007)
total profit = Bowel Pounding goodness.

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 19th, 2006, 10:57 pm 
Page
Page

1000 runs, thats totally awesome, will u be doing more and keep track of em?

Profile YIM 

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 20th, 2006, 8:56 am 
Village Elder
Village Elder

Friend of Hiker
HyruleDude wrote:
1000 runs, thats totally awesome, will u be doing more and keep track of em?

Thank you, and yes, it was an awsome time. 8)

I am trying to move some skills and catch up on quests and do some mini-games.

I havn't ever even stepped foot into the Warriors guild yet and I want to go do that and work on aquiring a defender before too long. I have gone to Pest Control 2 times now and enjoyed it very much, it's a nice change of pace.

I will be going back to the Barrows later this year. That remains for me a lot of fun, and something I very much enjoy doing. It is also one of my major sources of income.

Getting 1000 runs in was a goal, now that I have scratched it off the list, I will have to set another. Additionally, there is still a lot of data that needs to be gathered and interpreted. Luckily for me, there are a couple of individuals (thanks guys :) ) that have been gathering data, or will be gathering data to give us an even latger database to help understand the barrow chest drops.

So, yes, to answer your question :lol:

Profile ICQ 

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 21st, 2006, 8:47 pm 
Sorceror of Saradomin
Sorceror of Saradomin

Rarius, I am on my last task, going to gab together my junk to maybe afford runes and such for Barrowing again. Pm me in game for instructions on how to run in order to ge tthe data.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 22nd, 2006, 4:21 am 
Priest of Saradomin
Priest of Saradomin

He has a spreadsheet which you can use to track kill count and rewards, though apart from that really you should jsut kill a certain amount of each monster evey run and then we can see about a pattern.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 24th, 2006, 11:49 pm 
Sorceror of Saradomin
Sorceror of Saradomin

Hmm, let me get back into this then I'll be ready.
:icon_thumright:

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 5th, 2006, 8:40 pm 
Page
Page

Hey rarius i was looking through the market and i ddidnt find u selling ur barrows items and i was wondering if i could buy some full dharoks.

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 6th, 2006, 1:31 am 
Priest of Saradomin
Priest of Saradomin

Damn... :shock: <--That about says it all. :D

.::. Proud Fire Cape Owner 09/23/06 :: The Jad has met his worst nightmare. .::.
Death is only the beginning...
But your death is my glory...
The Great Legend will someday be unleashed...

[marq=left] :icon_thumright:~Fish 'R' Us~ :: The Fish Market of Runevillage :icon_thumleft:[/marq]

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 17th, 2006, 2:52 pm 
Village Elder
Village Elder

Friend of Hiker
jonondoey1 wrote:
Hey rarius i was looking through the market and i ddidnt find u selling ur barrows items and i was wondering if i could buy some full dharoks.

You may get the chance sooner than I was planning. I had sold off all of my duplicates, keeping 1 full set of everything but Karils. But since a bug in the system got me killed yesterday and I lost 2 sets, I will be going back sooner than I had planned just to make up my lost sets. When I am done I will sell them again, so just continue to watch this, or a similar thread if this one falls off the front page. I will post here before I sell in the marketplace. :)

Profile ICQ 

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 25th, 2006, 2:14 pm 
Prince
Prince

Which bug are you talking about? :(

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 26th, 2006, 10:59 am 
Village Elder
Village Elder

Friend of Hiker
z92 wrote:
Which bug are you talking about? :(

I lost my internet connection, which means that my character should have been logged out after 60 seconds of inactivity as I understand it.

I was a Dagganoths under the lighthouse when it happened. No big deal I was using Guth, I was carrying Torags because I expected Guth to drop to 0, so was planning on swapping to the Guth and finish the assignment then telly to my house and repair the Guth.

No big deal (or so I thought) I was just about at full health and it takes awhile to do enough damage to mean anything. So I reconnect to Runescape and try to log in. “Already connected, please try again in 60 seconds”. I got that for 12 minutes before I could log on and walk from Fally to the bank. I guess it took that long for the Dagganoths to kill me. Problem is, it should not have happened. I sent a query to Jagex, haven’t heard anything from them.

Hey, stuff happens, we just keep going. :D

Just means that I am going through my funds faster than I had intended, I had to buy another Guth Helm and Spear, I am not worried about replacing the Torags, i'll just get another when I go Barrowing again, but Guth makes training much faster so I replaced it. My goal now is to get 90 Slayer and then return to Barrow. I should hit 88 slayer today or tomorrow, hopefully 90 slayer won’t take more than 5-6 weeks depending on how much I get to play.

Profile ICQ 

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 26th, 2006, 1:53 pm 
Rogue of Void
Village Elder
Village Elder

I was thinking of doing barrows at 5 more slayer levels and 15 more range levels (For black dhide and slayer staff). Will it help?

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 26th, 2006, 4:08 pm 
Village Elder
Village Elder

Friend of Hiker
Serpentis wrote:
I was thinking of doing barrows at 5 more slayer levels and 15 more range levels (For black dhide and slayer staff). Will it help?

Not only yes, but heck yes!! :)

Profile ICQ 

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 26th, 2006, 5:46 pm 
Champion of Saradomin
Champion of Saradomin

Serpentis wrote:

I think that 5 more slayer levels to 55 i assume will be worth all of it but i dont think 70 range is a must.
Just to save u some time unless u really want 70 i think 65 would do but use a bit more food or prayer but not much.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 27th, 2006, 9:34 pm 
RV's Swimming
Village Legend
Village Legend

Donor: Guardian (2010)
Woah I don't think anyone's recorded that many runs before. Makes you think they should have a funny high score table on the official website, anyways congrats Rarius.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 28th, 2006, 9:14 am 
Village Elder
Village Elder

Friend of Hiker
aragorn ix wrote:
Woah I don't think anyone's recorded that many runs before. Makes you think they should have a funny high score table on the official website, anyways congrats Rarius.

Thanks aragorn ix :D

It is probably more acurate to say that no one has posted it before. Check out the Barrow Treasure Log Sticky in this forum, some of the guys on this board have collected a heck of a lot of brother drops, I have no doubt that several of them have done more than 1000 runs, just none of them were Fuzzy Bunny enough to record every detail. :lol:

Profile ICQ 

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 3rd, 2006, 11:21 am 
Page
Page

In one word: incredible!!!

The patience to get 1000 trips done. Do you have a rough estimate about how much time it took you? What did you use? Magic Dart + prayer pots or no prayer pots used?

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 8th, 2006, 5:07 pm 
Village Elder
Village Elder

Friend of Hiker
Asphyx1us wrote:
In one word: incredible!!!

The patience to get 1000 trips done. Do you have a rough estimate about how much time it took you? What did you use? Magic Dart + prayer pots or no prayer pots used?

I enjoy the Barrows, I find it relaxing because it is easy to do. It wasn't easy when I first went at mid level 90 nor was it relaxing, but 20 CB levels make a huge difference.

As for time, I think I once figured it at about 350 hours of game time or so, something like that, it's in this thread somewhere. :)

As for what I use, it varies. Back when I first started I used Pots on every brother and Magic Dart on the 4 melee brothers. I would take parts of melee armor, range armor and mystic as well. As time went on and I learned what I was doing, those things started to evolve.

Now I take Full Verac’s with black d-hide body and chaps. I also use Rune Boots, Barrow Gloves, Fury Ammy, Ring of Wealth (only because I just never take it off) Magic Short and 200 Rune Arrows. Ectophile if I have an emergency, but I always walkout after I loot the chest so I never use it. Slayer Staff, 5000 Minds and 1250 Deaths to start. 1 Super Restore (I use 1 dose per run after Ahrim/Karil to restore the lost stats) and 3 pray pots. I have been playing with super sets this seris just to see how much the effect my runs. And of course, a spade.

I use the flail on Karil Guthan and Verac. Range Ahrim, Magic Dart Torag and Dhorak. Sometimes I change that, it depends on how much food I have in my inventory and what brother I start with. I always pray on Dharok, and Karil. You don’t have to with Karil but he just hits too consistently and 1 dose of Pray is easy to trade for the savings in food. And it’s not about money, it’s about time. If I use too much food on the brothers then I need to go get more because I think it’s silly to go into the tunnels not properly prepared.

If I have any prayer left when I get to Ahrim I’ll use it but I won’t dose for him.

Normally I run like this:

Come out of tunnel from previous run and take inventory of what I looted from chest, kill Guthan and Torag, and if I am hitting well, Verac. Range up and kill Ahrim. P-Pot up and kill Karil, 1 dose super restore and kill Dharok. Normally after I kill Torag or maybe Verac, is when I go to the bank and restock food or just buy/sell at the store. If I had got a drop on the previous trip I’ll bank it in Burgh.

I returned to the Barrows this morning on my start of runs for the Birthday Bash. For the next several hundred runs, all the Brother Drops will be donated to the bash and each 33k chaos runes will be converted to Furies (with somebody’s help of course –hint hint), also for the Bash. I plan on giving the other Runes as well as any Drag Mediums. With luck, maybe 35+ brother drops and 2-3 Furies.
I used to average a drop every 12 runs so if that holds true it might be more drops than that because my initial plan is to do 400 runs. Jagex has updated the Barrows since the last time I did a series of runs, so we shall have to wait and see what impact that had on the drop rate, if any at all.

Profile ICQ 

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 9th, 2006, 7:26 am 
Staff Elder
Staff Elder

well, rarius, other then you, I think this should by stickyfied because its very helpfull, this will definatly help me out next time i do some barows, but I'll forget this all so Ill have to check back on it everyonce and a while, I wont be able to if it gets deleted will I? :P

proud Lieutenant of the Zulu Squad since 22 feb 2006!
Resigned as lieutenant as of august the 5th 2006.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 9th, 2006, 8:57 am 
Village Elder
Village Elder

Location: Sitting in an igloo eating beaver, drinking beer, and watching hockey, eh?

Donor: Guardian (2008)
Ultragast wrote:
I think this should by stickyfied

Seconded. 8)

This has been one of the most interesting and informative threads I've ever read and a lot of work has gone into it. It's like a guide in a way, and guides are often stickied. :wink:

Temporarily Gone

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Page 10 of 14
 [ 279 posts ] 
Go to page: « Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next »  Page: