All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   Page 11 of 15
 [ 290 posts ] 
Go to page: « Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next »  Page:

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 1st, 2005, 9:01 am 
Prince
Prince

whats with the 1337 speech? err..

112 Combat :oops:

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 2nd, 2005, 6:13 pm 
Page
Page

Location: RuneScape World 64, or in my clan. Leader Of: RuneScape Adventures United (Level 40+)
1337??? i've never understood that... oh... it means leet doesn't it? I'm just used to ppl putting leet as 133t, so it confuses me.

Anyway, good speeech hiker, if i haven't said so already. I would like to see all these spammers and flamers and so on go to Valhalla. (for those of you who don't know, Valhalla is a Viking burial ground- my replacement for the word hell) I don't expect our size to go back to the old days but I expect some drastic banning... which is why I'd like to help in any way I can. If you agree, say Hear Hear!

I'm autistic, so my mental and physical interaction can be slow at times. It would help if you remember this.

My RS and RV names are the same. Please note this and don't ask me for them.

Profile WWW YIM 

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 4th, 2005, 12:51 am 
Wizard
Wizard

everything was changed to 1337....speech on april fools day.."rv has been hacked" nice joke guys....
Great speech hiker theres too much flaming and people should be able to express their views without others insulting them.

You reach a certain age when reality grabs you by the scruff of the neck and shouts in your face "Hey, look, this is what life is." And you have to open your eyes and look at it, listen to it, smell it: people who dont like you, things you dont want to do, things that hurt, things that scare you, questions without answers, feelings you dont understand, feelings you dont want but have no control over.

(\../)
(O.o) copy the bunny into your sig
(> <) help him achieve world domination...

Wizard on rv as of 13/03/2005!! :D

Profile WWW 

Post subject: what village values
PostPosted: April 4th, 2005, 2:21 pm 
Knight
Knight

Today I was all excited I was online for the update and started the new quest immediatly. I got the first posting on the new quest and started filling in the details. I got done and was so excited that I was the first quest guide. Later to my amazement another quest guide is written, started after mine was complete, and it got stickied. Now in all fairness the other guide looked better than mine because he was faster in putting up pictures. However don;t you think I should have at least rated a thanks? What kind of village values does that represent. Thank you annymous forum mod that did that.

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 6th, 2005, 10:59 am 
Hustlers Ambition
Sorceror of Saradomin
Sorceror of Saradomin

Donor: Guardian (2007)
classic speach and im sure we can all get along fine :D

Post subject: Re: Amen!
PostPosted: April 6th, 2005, 5:10 pm 
Village Legend
Village Legend

Location: It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
cajines wrote:
Hiker, I have been playing here probably since you were only 500. (well maybe not that long, but close) I have enjoyed this game, as have my son, sister and nephew. In the beginning, I never experienced ugly behaviour, or meaness. But in the last year or so....... there has been lots of uglies. You have managed to address each issue, in a timely manner, and have given nice players (such as myself) recourse against the 'others'. Ignore, and the option to report were really needed.

I really like the Treasure Hunts, and the Random events. They were a fun addition to RS. Also, this may be a little off the realm of reality, but may I make a suggestion. Being one of the elders here, I was wondering if in the future, there might be a "magic spell" or option to keep us old folks from being attacked in the wilderness, like a cloak of invisibleness or something? I hate going out into the wilderness, and I also realize it is a fun part of the game... for everyone else... not me. =)

Hats off to you, for continuing this game, and keeping a great attitude as well. I really enjoy hanging here, and it just keeps getting better.

Thanks to you Hiker, and all who make it a nice, fun and decent place!!!

Cajiness

You do know that Hiker is not in charge of Runescape, and has no official affiliation with Jagex Inc., right? Runevillage is just a fansite, we don't have any real connection to the game. We're just a place for fans to gather :D

Currently taking a partially-forced, partially-voluntary break from Runescape / Runevillage. Sorry everyone and especially sorry Hiker, I won't be around helping out nearly as much as a Legend should be. Other things in life are forcing me to take some 'vacation time' for now. Hopefully I will be back soon. Email notification is on, so if anything needs done don't hesitate to message; if you PM me I will recieve it and respond within 24 hrs.

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 7th, 2005, 6:00 am 
Page
Page

[font=] [/font]I have a feeling i might be deleted if im new... unless i post, but if i start posting how i normally post i will spam so idk what to do. I would like to make new friends and i am normally a burdence (annoying or have to put up with) for the first week and then i calm down. This is not really the best for me since most people will look at what i say at the beginning and not wait for the next week to come. They see i spam a lot the first week and then thats the thing they think of me of.... I would get lots of pm messages saying Guardiannite i will have to ban you if you dont stop spaming, but i will try my best to not spam.

I heard you would have 200 moderators with like 500 people = well its funny how i own a clan and we have like 6 adminstators, 3 moderators, and 10 members.

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 8th, 2005, 8:31 pm 
Page
Page

Great speech hiker u should write speeches as a living. 8-)

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 8th, 2005, 8:31 pm 
Sorceror of Saradomin
Sorceror of Saradomin

seeing as how i dont pay attention to the more 'popular' part of RV, i can understand what its like to have a small group where everyone knows each other. yes, i post mainly at RSC disscussion and Old School Ownage. on top of being in a slow part of RV, i used to visit a forum with only 50-100 members... only 50 of them all posted regularly. i like knowing everyone on forums, and with over 5k people thats just WAY to much for me to handle.

also, being an RSC player, we do get alot of flamming and spamming in old school ownage saying "your pure shks" or the typical "i could get those stats in a couple days." it does get annoying after a long period of time and seeing how we get all these newbies((its true, most have under 100 posts)) nowadays it is getting kinda out of hand. i just think that no matter what, all forums should be tight nit and friendly. try posting on GAIAONLINE.com.... is chaos!

i hope the fight against flamers and spammers is working!

-Monk Out-

It's amazing how excited you people can get over a stupid video game.

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 8th, 2005, 8:35 pm 
Page
Page

[-X There should be less flaming and more :-({|= harmony

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 11th, 2005, 10:07 am 
Page
Page

very nice speech you had back there and i hope its gonna be like that to!
ive not bin huiliated personaly but its people which has for their thoughts and they will belive in you!

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 12th, 2005, 11:44 am 
Page
Page

Great speech! I'm already a very nice person (I'm getting 3 d chains for 3 friends and giving to them for free), and I never say bad words online or in real life. If anything, this speech hammered these values even more deeply into my head (if that's even possible. ;))

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 15th, 2005, 12:54 pm 
Squire
Squire

Very nice speech man! =D>

Profile WWW 

Post subject: Re: what village values
PostPosted: April 15th, 2005, 1:27 pm 
Priest of Saradomin
Priest of Saradomin

Location: Doing Maths Homework thinking of ways to torture the teacher
jojo wrote:
Today I was all excited I was online for the update and started the new quest immediatly. I got the first posting on the new quest and started filling in the details. I got done and was so excited that I was the first quest guide. Later to my amazement another quest guide is written, started after mine was complete, and it got stickied. Now in all fairness the other guide looked better than mine because he was faster in putting up pictures. However don;t you think I should have at least rated a thanks? What kind of village values does that represent. Thank you annymous forum mod that did that.

yes runevillage forum moderators only sticky 1 guide and it must have the reward start location complete guide AND pictures

I am the pie king now mwhaaaaa bow down before me.......i mean have some free pie :P

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 15th, 2005, 3:48 pm 
Squire
Squire

that would b nice if the villge would come back :)

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 16th, 2005, 1:08 pm 
Page
Page

that is exactly what all forums should be free of nowadays. Its good to see that one is finally standing up and enforcing it.

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 17th, 2005, 4:30 pm 
Sorceror of Saradomin
Sorceror of Saradomin

I read this ages ago just desided to post nice topic.

Jerreh wrote:
I dont care at all what people think about me for x-ing.. Flowers + keg for me kplxbye

Profile YIM 

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 23rd, 2005, 2:14 am 
Count
Count

Donor: Prince (2003)
Yes, RV is fairly huge, and it's hard to keep a village community going when it's a metropolis. It will be interesting to see what's going to happen.
I'm glad to see Adelai Stevenson represented, too.

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 2nd, 2005, 11:09 am 
Page
Page

Just read this now, and I'm coming back to the Village again :)

I used to love this forum, then people got really abusive, so I left. Nice to see something's being done about it, good on you Hiker.

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 3rd, 2005, 2:11 pm 
Knight
Knight

Village values... did it work? Or did it fail? Anyone?

Thanks Err... dunno for the sig and avi ;)

Profile WWW 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Page 11 of 15
 [ 290 posts ] 
Go to page: « Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next »  Page: