Okay, now THAT's not ok.

Jackstick

Join us at the RV Discord Channel: https://discord.gg/DgtPWPM

Post subject: Re: Glorious Mafia - Day 2 - Terror
PostPosted: January 23rd, 2017, 10:56 pm 
(soothzayer)
Village Staff
Village Staff

I'm staying on Jackstick. Dude's ridiculous. I will say that I'll be the hammer for Top if we get too low on time, because a D2 lynch is always good info, but I'd rather not. I don't see what you guys are seeing in regards to him. Jackstick, on the other hand, is being intentionally scummy. I will oblige, still.

PostPosted: January 23rd, 2017, 10:57 pm 
(soothzayer)
Village Staff
Village Staff

Was ninjad by Top, btw

PostPosted: January 24th, 2017, 12:47 am 
Village Legend
Village Legend

unvote

PostPosted: January 24th, 2017, 2:13 am 
Village Legend
Village Legend

On Topsummoner:

I'm pretty stuck on Top. It's easy to think he was just caught in a bind. Like me, he could have simply been speculating to move the game forward. But I also think it can be a good idea to go on the early posts alone, before scum get triggered by a vote and more careful about what they say. I'm leaning towards voting for him again purely because I don't know if we'll reach consensus on anyone else. But here's some thoughts to chew on...

I initially voted for him because this post seemed really odd:
Topsummoner wrote:
Oh I skimmed over that point where you said you were being facetious. :facepalm: I'm going to vote for you anyways because it was a little hypocritical of you to do that right after calling Frank unhelpful. I really gotta work on my reading comprehension though, else I might make a repeat of Secret Santa Mafia and totally embarass myself.

I wasn't being as unhelpful as Frank, who was outright making jokes, and the last sentence in particular was a soft way to deflect any misunderstandings. So when Frank flagged the same post, along with making a role claim that would make him town (more on that later), I decided to roll with my gut.

However, most of what he's written since seems okay, and indeed casts Paidea in a poor light:
Paidea wrote:
Topsummoner wrote:
[...]
Tau also has reason to be cautious enough of Lander to kill him, since the two argued with eachother last game and Lander ultimately came out on top.

This is pure invention and you should know it. Look at all this I can come up with from the top of my head:

"Top also has reason to be cautious enough of Lander to kill him, since the two argued with each other in Secret Santa Mafia and Lander ultimately came out on top."
"Paidea also has reason to be cautious enough of Lander to kill him, since Lander was the first one to figure out Paidea was mafia last game."
"Jaron also has reason to be cautious enough of Lander to kill him, since Lander had Jaron's number all last game."
etc.
etc.
etc.

While I think going on behaviour in past games is pretty hit-and-miss, I think it was fair enough for him to speculate about me in particular (rather than the examples Paidea listed), given the last game was all you guys have seen of me, and I've made a couple of missteps based on my lack of familiarity with RV mafia history (e.g. not knowing about Frank's Spiro-is-scum D1 joke). Still, bit of an insult to my intelligence.

Paidea wrote:
Topsummoner wrote:
Tangenting a bit, I feel the Lander kill was a half-assed attempt to put suspicion on me and Jack. I'm leaning towards more 'people without experience playing as Mafia on RV' (Sparky, Komoe, tau) pulling that move than someone like Paid, Frank or Spiro. But this is all conjecture at this point.

How can you speculate and say Tau might have had reason to kill Lander (implicating Tau) and then in the very same post speculate that the kill was made to implicate you and/or Jack? This is textbook WIFOM and not the good kind -- this is the kind mafiosos use.

See above point re: my newness to the RV game. His logic here could be charitably interpreted. But it is incredibly speculative, and along with the first quote of this post, this is the second one which smells bad.

Lastly:
Topsummoner wrote:
Paidea wrote:
You sound hyper-defensive and uncharacteristically defeatist.

It's a little frustrating when you receive three votes with nary a coherent thought to respond to, yes.

Fair enough, if you ask me. Until Paidea's long post, there truly wasn't much for Top to go on, and for Paidea to frame his frustration as "hyper-defensive" and "uncharacteristically defeatist" seems shifty.

On Jackstick:

If we interpret Frank's role claim as bulletproof, and it is legitimate, the most likely explanation for Jackstick's self-vote was simply to confuse the town. See, if he was signalling to a power role, the only role that makes sense to request is doctor - but there can't be a doctor and bulletproof townie in the same set-up. Am I missing anything obvious here? I could be wrong about Frank, because this was a pretty cryptic reply:
Frank 4.0.1 wrote:

My take:

PostPosted: January 24th, 2017, 6:47 am 
Village Czar
Village Czar

Donor: Prince (2011)
OK friends, I'll be explicit.

1) We're asking the wrong question about the whole "Why did Jackstick vote himself up" thing. Quite frankly, I think all questions about it are just stupid and distracting. There is not a role out there that benefits from Jackstick dying so why would he vote himself up? Who knows... By the time you figure it out the game will be over. Stop focusing on it.

2) I don't think Jack or myself has tried to "signal" a power role... The closest thing to that would be Jack maybe signalling he was bulletproof, but now that cat is out of the bag and he's likely to see tomorrow. Which, again, is part of the reason I didn't feel the conversation around his claim was worth discussing. I think we have a prime reason to be suspicious of anyone being caught up in Jackstick nonsense and trying to pass it off as legitimate discourse.

Now, let's talk about why we should be really suspicious of TopSummoner.

TopSummoner wrote:
Tangenting a bit, I feel the Lander kill was a half-assed attempt to put suspicion on me and Jack. I'm leaning towards more 'people without experience playing as Mafia on RV' (Sparky, Komoe, tau) pulling that move than someone like Paid, Frank or Spiro. But this is all conjecture at this point.

How many people have legitimately ever put stake in the target of a Night One Lynch? It's just as random as a Day One Lynch only the mafia has always did it because it makes sense. Honestly, the mafia will sometimes even try to kill off someone who has lived further in previous games as to avoid the "unfairness" of someone repeatedly dying early in a game. This is what gets me as off... Top is framing a narrative around a Night One Lynch. I was never suspicious of Top about Lander's death until he started framing a narrative trying to deflect possible suspicion. That doesn't sit right with me.

TopSummoner wrote:
I don't know what Jack's game is, but he's clearly just being himself. Still I'm pretty wary of somebody who comes right out the Day 2 gate with a joke.

The last time I opened up a game with a Day 2 joke post Top pushed my on it hard. He would not let it go... Here, we have not only myself screwing around but Jackstick also did too. Why the pass this time around? This, I feel, is an uncharacteristically cautious play. Top had a perfect opportunity to ruffle some feathers and didn't.

TopSummoner wrote:
Next time I'll just let the game die to inactivity. Good luck. ... I guess I should have just voted for somebody for no reason instead, since that seems to be the cool thing to do.

Last game, Top pulled an emotional claim like these he was town and it helped him win the game. (Damn you Lander...) But I think Paidea pointed it out quite well... When he used them before he was passionate about the game. He thought he might have missed his change to win and fought like hell to claw back into the game. Here, it is a defeatist tone in his words. Kind of as if he has been caught with his hand in the cookie jar.

I think Top's words show an unnatural conservative approach to this game. He's not leading you guys to vote me up, nor is he really trying to put pressure on Paidea or Tau... He's just kind of sitting around. This usually means two things: Mafia or Power Role. Admittedly, this is a risk to push for a Top vote. But this is a game of risks and I think we've got a good one on our hands.

Tau, Yakuzi, Xi wrote:
I wasn't being as unhelpful as Frank, who was outright making jokes, and the last sentence in particular was a soft way to deflect any misunderstandings.

Jack's bandwagon vote is pretty questionable. However, since he joined my band, I 100% support the vote. I am not a super aggressive early-game player so I wouldn't be too remiss if Top saw tomorrow... But I still think we have a very reasonable suspicion to act on here and I won't move my vote. So friends, I leave it in your hands. Do you see it? Is the risk worth taking?

PostPosted: January 24th, 2017, 6:57 am 
Village Legend
Village Legend

I'm sold. Very sound analysis. Top

PostPosted: January 24th, 2017, 7:25 am 
Supreme Discord Overlord
RV Discord Administrator
RV Discord Administrator

Donor: Guardian (2009)
If I was a power role, you'd know it by now.

The circumstances of my more "passionate" play in Secret Santa were completely different from these circumstances. That was a Mylo (or was it Lylo? don't feel like checking cause it doesn't really matter) where my mistake would have cost the whole game for the town.

Day two is a completely different story and my death here will merely be a setback in comparison, hopefully a fruitful one.

PostPosted: January 24th, 2017, 9:05 am 
Village Elder
Village Elder

If you're town can you share your dying reads?
What do you think about Frank piggybacking my reasons?
What do you think about Tau hammering after soft-defending you from my push?

Paidea wrote:
And you're not dead yet? Topsummoner

~Paidea

His logic is flawless. Topsummoner

I concur. We must lynch him now for the sake of the metagame, we MUST teach people that they can't go around claiming "anniversary" and expect leniency. Topsummoner.

Profile YIM 

PostPosted: January 24th, 2017, 9:27 am 
(soothzayer)
Village Staff
Village Staff

Thank you for participating, Frank. That's a good post. I feel much better about voting Topsummoner, now. Not necessarily because of your post, but because of Top's reaction to it. It is very "defeatist", as you put it. There's no umph. Even if he is town, he's no good for the town at this point, on Day 2. The risk of lynching him has gone down considerably, in my eyes. I'm still not happy with Jackstick, though. Hopefully he has something to offer, tomorrow. For the sake of getting something done on D2 (the best time for the town to lynch, imo), I will concede.

PostPosted: January 24th, 2017, 9:55 am 
Thanks for all the fish!
Chat Moderator
Chat Moderator

Donor: Knight (2013)
Votes:
Jackstick - 2, Topsummoner, SparkyAMS
Topsummoner - 5, Frank 4.0.1, tau_xi, Paidea, Jackstick, Spirographed

The remaining members of Kim's Most Excellent Group of Champions lead Topsummoner to the firing range. As they do, a scuffle breaks out, and a missive falls out of Topsummoners pocket. It appears to be an A4 piece of paper with an american flag on it. Now convinced, they shove him in and immediately he is blown to pieces by one of the failed nukes.

Topsummoner was a member of the Mafia

Night 2 has begun, and will end in 36 hours, approximately 4:52am on the 27th UTC time, or until night roles have PMed in their actions.

Last edited by Rory on January 25th, 2017, 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Glorious Mafia - Night 2
PostPosted: January 24th, 2017, 6:05 pm 
Supreme Discord Overlord
RV Discord Administrator
RV Discord Administrator

Donor: Guardian (2009)

Post subject: Re: Glorious Mafia - Day 3 - Reasons
PostPosted: January 24th, 2017, 9:49 pm 
Thanks for all the fish!
Chat Moderator
Chat Moderator

Donor: Knight (2013)
It's a lovely day for a walk! Too lovely... something's not right...

... No one died last night?!

Day 3 will end in 72 hours, approximately 3:49am on 28th of January, UTC time.

7 players remain, 4 votes for a lynch.

Last edited by Rory on January 25th, 2017, 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: January 24th, 2017, 10:11 pm 
weɪfərskɪt
Chat Moderator
Chat Moderator

Rory wrote:
... No one died last night?!

PostPosted: January 24th, 2017, 10:24 pm 
(MC SparkyAMS)
Wizard
Wizard

So I, guess we've got a doctor? NICE

Or I guess someone could have a vest

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: January 24th, 2017, 11:24 pm 
Village Legend
Village Legend

SparkyAMS wrote:

Hey bud, you were a little AWOL yesterday. Curious to hear your thoughts about everything that went down.

PostPosted: January 24th, 2017, 11:33 pm 
(soothzayer)
Village Staff
Village Staff

SparkyAMS wrote:

SWEET, Sparky!

I'm down to go after Sparky and/or Komoe.

PostPosted: January 24th, 2017, 11:51 pm 
(MC SparkyAMS)
Wizard
Wizard

Now see this is why I don't post often... I mean beside the fact I don't play mafia at work.

Can't even voice a smidgen of happy surprise.

Out of the choices Doc would be better than vest yes?

I guess good job with Top! I'm not to good at reading people, well unless Jack really is the other mafia

Might as well place that for now before I go to bed. Jackstick

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: January 25th, 2017, 12:21 am 
Village Legend
Village Legend

SparkyAMS wrote:
Now see this is why I don't post often... I mean beside the fact I don't play mafia at work.

Can't even voice a smidgen of happy surprise.

Sparky doth protest too much, methinks.

SparkyAMS wrote:
Out of the choices Doc would be better than vest yes?

There could also be a Jailkeeper in town. I was more sure of this possibility when I was under the impression Frank was bulletproof, but he remains cryptic and/or falsely role-claimed.

[ 120 posts ] 
Go to page: « Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next »  Page: