[ 208 posts ] 
Go to page: « Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next »  Page:

Post subject: Re: Real Life Mafia: Day Three: One step forward, two steps
PostPosted: November 15th, 2016, 10:47 pm 
Big, dirty shithawks.
Village Staff
Village Staff

AND THE VOTES ARE IN!!!

Once more, discussion raged and several players insisted they had a role. Paidea and Frank were engaged in discussion all day long, and in the end, they agreed to disagree.

In the aftermath they chose to lynch a man on the periphery of the game.

"Sighence," Lander said, "Show us your card."

The man rose up solemnly.

"I will be avenged!" He said. His card fell to the floor as he retreated to the kitchen with the rest of the deadites.

Lander picked up his card, and showed it to the rest of the players.

Sighence's card signified that he was the Godfather, aligned with the mafia.

---

Votes for Sighence, in order:

SparkyAMS
Kikori
Frank 4.0.1
Thr

Night Three begins now. It ends at approximately 11:45am EST on Thursday, November 17 or when all players with night actions have sent in their decisions.

Jackstick wrote:
bluecoat is the tracker, Market Man6 is the detective, Paidea is the watcher, Super Saiyan Goku is the Doctor, Stone Cold Steve Austin is the Janitor, and I'm the Godfather.

Profile YIM 

Post subject: Re: Real Life Mafia: Night Three: The bell tolls for thee
PostPosted: November 17th, 2016, 1:16 pm 
Big, dirty shithawks.
Village Staff
Village Staff

"Gather 'round," Lander said.

"We have another dead player." He turned to Frank. "Show us your card."

"FFFFUUUUUUUU" Frank howled, leaping up from his chair.

Lander picked up Frank's card. He was really getting tired of people throwing them on the floor in disgust.

Frank's card signified that he was the Jack of all Trades, aligned with the town.

---

Day four begins. Five players remain. Three votes are required to obtain a lynch. This day ends at approx 2:15pm EST on Sunday, November 20th, or until a lynch is reached.

Jackstick wrote:
bluecoat is the tracker, Market Man6 is the detective, Paidea is the watcher, Super Saiyan Goku is the Doctor, Stone Cold Steve Austin is the Janitor, and I'm the Godfather.

Profile YIM 

Post subject: Re: Real Life Mafia: Day Four: Balance
PostPosted: November 17th, 2016, 1:35 pm 
Village Elder
Village Elder

Aragorn, please claim.

I was roleblocked, which means that Lander has altered the mafia role's power significantly. Usually mafia members are not able to visit two people in the same Night, e.g. blocking me and killing Frank.

Luckily I do have the information that Aragorn visited Frank on N2. This is why I was saying <classified> would be clear if there was only 1 Mafia left yesterDay. However, there were two Mafia AND Lander has altered normal mechanics, so it's probably good that I didn't out that information. The GF Sighence wanted me to reveal it perhaps because he knew it might give Aragorn town-cred. Then the Mafia might have chosen to kill me and block Frank instead. I think Frank was chosen because he may have had a killing ability that he wasn't telling anyone about.

Kikori is clear unless Career Criminal Pyro had a Ninja Lawyering ability that he used N1. Thr hammering Sighence is not that significant since I was online to push it through, but it's better than Aragorn's position yesterDay. Sparky's vote on Sighence could be a huge Mafia blunder, but I doubt it at this point.

Paidea wrote:
And you're not dead yet? Topsummoner

~Paidea

His logic is flawless. Topsummoner

I concur. We must lynch him now for the sake of the metagame, we MUST teach people that they can't go around claiming "anniversary" and expect leniency. Topsummoner.

Profile YIM 

PostPosted: November 17th, 2016, 2:05 pm 
Burning my Dread.
Village Staff
Village Staff

Donor: Guardian (2009)
Jack of All Trades historically have a killing power alongside investigation and protection. Anything further (muting, roleblocking, etc) is up to the host.
Paidea wrote:
Usually mafia members are not able to visit two people in the same Night, e.g. blocking me and killing Frank.
This is an erroneous statement through and through. I don't think I've seen a game where a Mafia with a role can only do one or the other.

PostPosted: November 17th, 2016, 4:38 pm 
Count
Count

Still think Paidea is mafia.

Reason I think so.
Paidea, Siggy, and Aragorn are were all voting for Frank
Frank died, confirmed JoT, Siggy was Godfather.
Kikori, and Sparky were the first 2 votes on the Godfather, don't think another mafia would join that early. Frank (KIA) was third, and I was 4th.
That leaves Paidea, and Aragorn.
If Aragorn really is mafia, I don't think these two would have pushed for his almost D1 lynch.

Sighence wrote:
We need d1 lynches so Aragorn. His defending against the hot garbage that was Top's fake reason is simply nice frosting on the vote-cake.

Pyro3000 wrote:
This Aragorn train really kicked off hard.

Can't disagree with the notion that he's one of the less active players, but I also can't help but wonder if he's not an easy bandwagon target for the mafia.

At the same time, the odds of him being doctor are 10%, odds of him being any village power role is probably 30% and the odds of him being mafia are 20%.

Those aren't good odds for us, but the alternative is to jump into tomorrow with one less player anyway since right now the odds of nailing the mafia target with a protect is slim to none. I guess with a 70% chance that he isn't doc, detective, or a potential third power role, it's better to seal his fate.

That being said we need to greatly consider that the people that jumped on this train could be Mafia looking for an easy kill.

Sorry Aragorn. I hate to cut people out so early in the game, but you're really expendable.

And dont forget Paidea was in on this too.

Paidea wrote:
~~~
I like Tops and Kikori for town, Pyro for null-town, Frank and Thr for null, Spiro for null-awkward, and Sparky and Sighence for null-nervous. My vote today goes towards Aragorn IX.

PostPosted: November 17th, 2016, 7:29 pm 
Burning my Dread.
Village Staff
Village Staff

Paidea is an impossible to dispute Watcher, though.
He's been able to confirm that Frank and Topsummoner both visited me night one; Frank (a confirmed JoaT) acknowledged it as his investigation, I acknowledged it as being the recipient of the Key. And unless Aragorn can dispute being seen visiting Frank night two, that'll be more proof.
Why would a pro-town investigation role be part of the Mafia? Furthermore...
Thr wrote:
Paidea, Siggy, and Aragorn are were all voting for Frank
Frank died, confirmed JoT, Siggy was Godfather.
Kikori, and Sparky were the first 2 votes on the Godfather, don't think another mafia would join that early. Frank (KIA) was third, and I was 4th.
That leaves Paidea, and Aragorn.
If Aragorn really is mafia, I don't think these two would have pushed for his almost D1 lynch.

-That was before I confirmed the truth behind both Paidea's and Frank's statements.
-By that logic, Aragorn should still be under suspicion of only joining the Pyro lynch at third (not too early, aye?) and he dodged the Sighence train entirely.
-The early push against Aragorn, no matter how baseless at the time, effectively got the game rolling a day before it normally starts getting serious. It ended up providing enough information to role wielders to have more educated guesses of who to interact with, and was a large contributor to the division on days three and four that have led up to this point. It was necessary.

With that in mind, Aragorn. I don't know many roleclaims I'd be willing to believe here, so whatever comes out better be good.

PostPosted: November 17th, 2016, 9:09 pm 
Count
Count

The Watcher doesn't necessarily have to be town though does it?
Anyway, Un-vote Paidea
Ill see what Aragorn has to say.

PostPosted: November 17th, 2016, 10:15 pm 
Burning my Dread.
Village Staff
Village Staff

Thr wrote:
The Watcher doesn't necessarily have to be town though does it?

It's historically only a Villager role. If it were a night action for the Mafia, Frank would've been targeted night two after the visit to me night one, instead of vanilla villager like Spiro. If you're running under the assumption that Aragorn is a villager, he would've been on deck night three due to being spotted.

Since it's not the case, Watcher still is a Village helper.

PostPosted: November 17th, 2016, 10:30 pm 
Count
Count

Guess I'm convinced. Sparky's voting habits seem to be villager, and Kikori has pretty much paved the way. If Paidea's a Village watcher Aragorns the best choice.

PostPosted: November 17th, 2016, 10:50 pm 
Village Elder
Village Elder

More logic why it's probably Aragorn:

-visiting roles are not typically told that their action failed when targeting a jail kept player. However, all roles are usually explicitly told when they've been roleblocked. Frank said that Lander informed him of being blocked, just like I was this Dawn.

-Aragorn cannot be bodyguard or doctor else Frank would be alive and I would have confirmed him as clear. Aragorn cannot be cop or tracker because he would have confirmed Frank's story and not been voting him. Aragorn cannot be jailkeeper because our pseudo-jailkeeper already died. Aragorn cannot be drunk (town blocker) because he would confirm Frank's story, again. Aragorn cannot be mason because Frank would have said something. Aragorn cannot be a backup role because he's already visited. And finally Aragorn cannot be watcher because counter claiming me would be an auto-win for the town. He can't be vigilante, gunsmith, etc. There is basically no town role I can think of that makes logical sense for Aragorn to claim.

-If Lander was trying to balance this game (which he wasn't, because dual visiting mafia is OP, but whatever), he probably made 3 town PRS and 3 mafia PRS. Town had watcher, JoaT, and Key master. Mafia had career Criminal (which probably has something to do with the Keys), Godfather, and Roleblocker.

Paidea wrote:

~Paidea

I concur. We must lynch him now for the sake of the metagame, we MUST teach people that they can't go around claiming "anniversary" and expect leniency. Topsummoner.

Profile YIM 

PostPosted: November 17th, 2016, 10:51 pm 
Village Elder
Village Elder

You should have let him claim for meta purposes but it's OK
(unless you're mafia somehow. )

Paidea wrote:

~Paidea

Profile YIM 

PostPosted: November 17th, 2016, 11:39 pm 
Big, dirty shithawks.
Village Staff
Village Staff

"Well, what a very loud, very eventful game. Aragorn. You know what to do."

Aragorn showed his card to the rest of the players, revealing him to be the Mafia Roleblocker.

The rest of the party goers erupted in cheers as the game was won for the town. And now everyone could reconvene and eat more ice cream.

---

Here are roles in their entirety and all night action:

1. Topsummoner - Keymaker - Town - Killed N1
2. Pyro3000 - Career criminal - Mafia - Lynched D2
3. Spirographed - Vanilla Townie - Killed N2
4. Paidea - Watcher - Town
5. Aragorn Ix - Roleblocker - Mafia - Lynched D4
6. Sighence - Godfather - Mafia - Lynched D3
7. Frank 4.0.1 - JoaT - Town - Killed N3
8. SparkyAMS - Vanilla Townie
9. Thr - Vanilla Townie
10. Kikori - Bus Driver - Town

Night One Action

Kikori Drives Aragorn and Paidea
Aragorn Roleblocks Spirographed
Pyro Stalks Frank>>>>Learns he is JoaT
Paidea watches Kikori>>>>Sees Frank and Top visit
Frank investigates Kikori>>>Kikori is town
Top gives Kikori a key
Mafia Kills Top

Night Two Action

Aragorn Roleblocks Frank
Frank tries to save kikori>>>>is roleblocked
Paidea watches Frank
Monk kills Spirographed
Kikori locks himself into his house

Night Three Action

Paidea watches Kikori>>>>>is roleblocked by Aragorn
Kikori drives Sparky and Aragorn
Aragorn kills Frank

THOUGHTS ON THIS GAME

I want to thank everyone involved for making this the most fun, most entertaining game to watch in a long, long time. The discussion was incredible, as was kikori's propensity to be right almost 100% of the time.

This game had too many roles. BUT in my opinion it was balanced as there were no real 'power roles' in the traditional sense of the word. The keymaker, exactly as kikori pointed out, gives one person a key per night and after that point that person can choose to use the key during any night phase, self protecting them from harm but also roleblocking themselves.

Frank had a protect, a investigate, and a vig kill. As we all know the vig kill could go either way.

If anything having both a bus driver and watcher was overkill for the town, but I had decided to have three mafia and giving them two roles, in my eyes, made up for it.

Career criminal was a mafia JoaT, with one arson, one janitor, and one stalk. WHY they chose to kill defeat and let frank live after the successful stalk is way beyond me. And then there was the roleblocker, who could obviously roleblock every night.

Monk had no powers but had to designate a killer every night.

Notes on semantics: locking oneself in your own house would supercede all other action. IE, aragorn roleblocks Kikori, he would fail due to the house being locked. If kikori had bussed Aragorn and Frank, aragorn would have killed himself.

My choice to allow the individual mafia member to use both the nightkill and their role was that they had TWICE the odds of being seen and/or roleblocked by a keyholder. It was 100% balanced in that regard alone.

This game swung from heavily favoring the town during an almost D1 lynch of Aragorn to heavily favoring the mafia once they were armed with the stalk information, back to heavily favoring the town after a successful lynch of Pyro and pretty much was downhill for the mafia after that.

With all that being said, discuss as you will, I will probably play in the next game. But I became somewhat obsessed with the idea of mafia game/s where items are given out in the night for use, SOMEONE PLEASE host the epicmafia christmas variant where Santa gives out gifts at night.... :^_^:

Thanks again everyone, cheers for making this game a memorable one. Apologies if it did not seem balanced, but in my opinion, it was.

Jackstick wrote:

Profile YIM 

Post subject: Re: Real Life Mafia: Game over, Town Wins! End post on page
PostPosted: November 17th, 2016, 11:44 pm 
Big, dirty shithawks.
Village Staff
Village Staff

In the interest of not editing, Paidea was wrong twice over in the thread but used his night role almost to perfection. I was also particularly impressed with Sparky's play, especially when defending himself, haha.

Jackstick wrote:

Profile YIM 

PostPosted: November 17th, 2016, 11:50 pm 
(soothzayer)
Village Staff
Village Staff

Why did you kill me, Monk?

Did you read the string theory spoiler in full, Sparky?

PostPosted: November 17th, 2016, 11:51 pm 
(soothzayer)
Village Staff
Village Staff

Also: Thanks Lander. Even though dieing sucks, this was a great game to watch.

PostPosted: November 17th, 2016, 11:54 pm 
Supreme Discord Overlord
RV Discord Administrator
RV Discord Administrator

Some notes.

I was totally right Day 1 about basically everything except thinking Sparky was scum.

Kikori for MVP.

I'm terribly sorry for Aragorn's luck. Let it be known: Aragorn is always mafia, Sparky is always town.

I don't think I've ever seen Paidea be so wrong. Day Three admitting he was wrong up to this point, rethinking the game, and coming back and STILL BEING REALLY WRONG was pretty intense. good to have you back though

Mafia, but especially Pyro, I hate you.

GG, WP. Pretty cool game not gonna lie, even being dead.

Join us at the RV Discord Channel: https://discord.gg/DgtPWPM

PostPosted: November 17th, 2016, 11:55 pm 
Village Elder
Village Elder

Wtf, I thought kikori was vanilla townie. Well played, he definitely gets MVP in my eyes for holding the town together throughout the game.

In light of the fact that he was a bus driver, I guess dual visiting mafia is balanced.

Even though Frank was being hella stubborn I'm glad we were able to lay off each other and make progress.

I think this is the first time I've ever had an informative role on RV which heavily skewed my reads. At least my targeting was good enough.

Since no one is queued, I would like to host next. I too, am fond of "item" focused games and could make it holiday themed.

Paidea wrote:

~Paidea

Profile YIM 

PostPosted: November 17th, 2016, 11:58 pm 
Count
Count

I need to give mafia a break. Sorry guys, just wasn't feeling it.

PostPosted: November 18th, 2016, 12:28 am 
Village Czar
Village Czar

Donor: Prince (2011)
Paidea wrote:
Even though Frank was being hella stubborn I'm glad we were able to lay off each other and make progress.

I thought I was being inviting until you started laying into me that I was mafia! :?:

I have to concur with the general concensus. Kikori was really good... He had me paranoid since Day 1 that I felt into some Machiavellian trap of his. Definitely a fun game. Could use a bit to charge my batteries and I'll be ready to tackle some more.

PostPosted: November 18th, 2016, 12:36 am 
Village Czar
Village Czar

Donor: Prince (2011)
EBWOP:
I've never heard the term "bussing" before... I picked up the context fairly easy, but legit, never heard it before.

Do we have any official rule book on the whole past 72 hour voting BUT before host ends the day situation? I don't know if it's ever been an issue but that was extremely close. (And if Sparky's vote was necessary it would have been over...) So do we have some unwritten rule in place I'm not familiar about with regard to this?

[ 208 posts ] 
Go to page: « Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next »  Page: