[ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: Courage, by lotharuis2nd
PostPosted: December 15th, 2014, 12:52 am 
Brutal
Page
Page

Courage
by lotharuis2nd (2005)

Standing before a large group of men a warrior clad in all Dragon, his sword gleaming in his hand, the Leader of the army. He shouted words of victory and success. Even from Southern Varrock you could faintly hear the shouts and cries of the men rallying. These men wanted battle and their Leader was going to take them to it. Half the men standing there had probably never been in such a fight, maybe a lesser fight to some degree possibly a small skirmish, but this fight, this fight was going to be in history for as long as Varrock stood proud in its glory. Walking up to the Leader a valiant looking young man with coarse blonde hair said "Carry us to battle on your great horse for the enemy will show us no mercy, and we shall spill the blood of every enemy that dare pass our way!" and with that the crowd roared.
Now heading out past trees that have been dead for too many winters, past corpses, and past black scarred earth from the dragons that used to run abundant in the wilderness. The group of no more than 50 men walked each one in rune armor decorated by their wives, sons, and other kin with their family crest on each's chest plate. In front the Leader led his army. Deeper and deeper they went. As the clan passed by a pool of lava the Leader felt a great dizziness arise within, and he fell from his horse. With a loud crash his limp body fell to the hardened soil.
Slowly opening his eyes and blinking the Leader saw around him the greenest grass he had ever seen, the air smelt as if its fragrance was of every living thing on runescape, its beauty was overwhelming. Standing at the end of the field he awoke in an old man stood tending to a flower the man hummed to himself practically ignoring the man who just appeared somewhat of 20 feet away from him. Approaching cautiously the Leader walked nearer to this old man in this strange field he thought to himself I must be dreaming, I have to be. What's going on, this doesn't make sense!
"It will all make sense if you care to sit and listen" said the old man.
"Who are you and were am I?" exclaimed the Leader.
"You, my son are in the garden of the heavens, the place were I, Saradomin The Great bid my time choosing the fate of every man, woman, and child."
Standing before Saradomin the Leader knelt down on his knees and said, "Please forgive my disrespectfulness, for you are the Lord Saradomin punish me for my actions."
"Now why would thou go doing a thing such as that? For you, I have much planned..." His voice trailed off. "Please sit beside me and let me explain." Trembling the Leader sat down.
"You, my son protector of Varrock are a great leader." Saradomin said pointing a finger at him "There is no doubt in that but, if you lose this battle all of Varrock will be burned to the ground no one spared."
"Have you come to turn the tide in favor of us my lord?" The Leader questioned.
"Well, for turning the tide... I think nothing of it I am here to let you make your own decisions and win it yourself. Time is running short the battle approaches."
"Yes, but Saradomin... How am I to go about becoming victorious?" Asked the Leader.
"The only way to win... Is to show no fear of death, if you do that you will become a more powerful weapon than anything ever imagined." And with those final words the field vanished.
"Sir! Sir! Are you hurt? Sir!" a shouting voice came from the Leaders left ear. "Im fine leave me be, I just had a moment of weakness that's all it has passed."
Looking around he saw his companions he recognized them at once. After all was settled the Leader hoisted himself atop his horse and they continued, onward into the wilderness. They had settled just behind a mound of spiders, all looking quite famished.
They all heard a quiet thumping, and appearing from around a corner was their scout.
"Sir the enemy army is just past the lava pools and on top of a great hill surrounded by demons." The scout spit the words out still trying to catch his breath.
"Were you followed?" Said one of the shorter commanders.
"No im sure of it"
"Then lets attack its now or never," proclaimed a slightly taller but skinnier man of probably the same rank as the short chubby man.
"Okay get the men ready you have 10 minutes, lets do what we trained them to do," and so the battle was coming to a start.
Now all the men standing in rows of 5 men to the South and north directions and 10 to the East and west, they walked west... To what seemed like certain doom, the end of life was near, the air smelled of it. Death. Now the leader near the bottom of the hill pulling his Dragon longsword from its sheathe, galloped straight at the hill. The next thing he saw was a behemoth wave of men pouring out of the temple walls toward him, he thought I must run, save myself and not look back just keep running And then another part of him whispered You must carry on do what Saradomin wished I will show them no fear or mercy and he did just what he was meant to do, his fate.
He kept straight on attacking towards the enemy. The warriors seeing their leader run into what looked like suicide made all their fear subside and they all ran like Saradomins lightning. They attacked, without fear or worry of death.
The Leaders horse collided with the shield of an enemy soldier sending him flying back, probably dead. Slashing at his sides his Dragon longsword decapitating men like butter. Blood sprayed up his arm and across his chest as he made contact with his blade and another mans skull. A spear hit the Leader in the chest blowing him off his steed. With no fear the Leader pulled himself to his feet and attacked again, one dead enemy turned to two, two turned to ten, ten turned to twenty dead, it was endless. The warriors by the side of their Leader killed every single enemy that had been in the temple. Bodies littered the ground, everywhere you stepped was an enemy soldier. Soon after the battle the army piled the bodies onto a pyre and burned them, over one-hundred and fifty bodies were burned. Heads held high the Leader and his warriors walked back to Varrock were celebration continued for quite some time, the Leader returned to his wife and resigned from the Protectors of Varrock, which in a later time become the Guards of Varrock.

Post subject: Re: Courage, by lotharuis2nd
PostPosted: June 4th, 2016, 4:28 am 
Brutal
Page
Page

Is my story the first one posted?
I was 14 at the time, quite the nostalgia.

Post subject: Re: Courage, by lotharuis2nd
PostPosted: June 4th, 2016, 1:30 pm 
Level 0
Village Elder
Village Elder

Donor: Wizard (2013)
Friend of Hiker
lotharuis2nd wrote:
Is my story the first one posted?
One of the first! You won by Trial of Alphabetical Order. :P
lotharuis2nd wrote:
I was 14 at the time, quite the nostalgia.
I know, right? These stories are over a decade old, it's so crazy.

Legendary themed months are back! Maybe.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Profile WWW 

[ 3 posts ]