[ 46 posts ] 
Go to page: « Previous  1, 2, 3  Next »  Page:

Post subject: Re: Shows you've recently finished
PostPosted: January 16th, 2012, 10:50 pm 
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
Village Elder
Village Elder

Animal wrote:
High School of the Dead. Good, but my god fan service everywhere.

Oh dear God WHY.

Thanks for the sig, Viruz.
"Ambition is the last refuge of failure." ~Oscar Wilde

Profile YIM 

PostPosted: January 17th, 2012, 8:35 pm 
The Legendary
Village Legend
Village Legend

Donor: Guardian (2008)
HOTD is pretty ridiculous.

Honey and Clover looks good though, will have to give that a try.

Oh and my contribution :

SUPERGOODANIME : Steins;Gate
SUPERFUNNYANIME : Seitokai Yakuindomo

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: January 24th, 2012, 10:09 pm 
Level 0
Village Elder
Village Elder

Donor: Wizard (2013)
Friend of Hiker
Nateman wrote:
Animal wrote:
High School of the Dead. Good, but my god fan service everywhere.

Oh dear God WHY.
Oh dear God why indeed.

This was pretty much one of the best things of the whole show:

Legendary themed months are back! Maybe.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: January 25th, 2012, 1:59 am 
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
Village Elder
Village Elder

I misplaced that image with all the math about that anime. I miss that. It was hilarious.

Thanks for the sig, Viruz.
"Ambition is the last refuge of failure." ~Oscar Wilde

Profile YIM 

PostPosted: February 6th, 2012, 12:09 am 
i praise feist
Sorceror of Saradomin
Sorceror of Saradomin

ZxC wrote:
Honey and Clover looks good though, will have to give that a try.

Youre in for a treat

PostPosted: March 5th, 2012, 1:37 am 
weɪfərskɪt
Chat Moderator
Chat Moderator

Just finished a movie, Time of Eve.

Plot Summary: Sometime in future Japan, androids have been involved in every aspect of peoples lives. One day, upon checking his android's behavioral log, Rikuo, a student, noticed his android's returning times have been odd recently. With his friend Masaki, they found out the place where his android, Sammy, have been visiting: a small cafe called Eve no Jikan where androids and human are not seen as different. Upon talking with the "people" in the cafe and discovering more of Sammy's behavior, Rikuo changed his view about androids and treat them as friends rather than tools. At the same time, elsewhere in Japan, the Ethics committee is trying to impose policies to reduce the involvement and use of androids in society.

If you're interested, it comes in two versions: a 6-part ONA series, and a movie. They're basically the same thing, but the movie is more polished and it has ~10 minutes of extra scenes. So yeah, watch the movie version. :P

PostPosted: March 11th, 2012, 6:27 am 
The Half-Witted Moose
Village Elder
Village Elder

Donor: Wizard (2008)
Friend of Hiker
Not finished many anime's recenly, as I'm watching allt eh current airs. Most recent is Mashiro-iro Symphony I piked up randomly this season was last.

If you want something else, you'd have to go back to the end of last season, where I can right off a few, but I'm being lazy and can't be bothered to check what I did actually watch then XD

moose out

Member Number: 3950; Final Donation Amount: $1,500

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: March 26th, 2012, 6:39 pm 
Champion of Saradomin
Champion of Saradomin

Just saw the last episode of Last Exile: Fam, the Silver Wing. All I can say is bravo, Gonzo. Bravo.

77 Fishing - 60 Mining - 60 Woodcutting - 58 Cooking - 55 Firemaking -51 Crafting - 51 Agility - 50 Thieving

Profile YIM 

PostPosted: May 29th, 2012, 12:18 am 
weɪfərskɪt
Chat Moderator
Chat Moderator

I finished Sora no Woto (Sound of the Sky) about a week ago.

This show has a stigma of being a "military version of K-ON!", but it's actually quite different in a lot of ways. For one, the show is not about music, and the cast are not a band. It builds up kinda slowly, but the show has a great ending (IMO; some people say it's rushed) and an interesting mythology. The characters are awesome, too, and it has a better supporting-cast than most shows IMO.

Check it out. It's 12 episodes, plus 2 OVAs.

I also watched a few movies recently; Redline, Mardock Scramble, and Kara no Kyoukai (Garden of Sinners).

Redline is hilariously overhyped. The reason: it has great visuals. Yes, indeed it does, but that's about the only positive thing I can say about the movie. If you're going to watch Redline, remember that you are watching it for the visuals, because the story is nothing special and the characters are all one-dimensional.

Mardock Scramble was good until about halfway, then it got boring, and then in the end it was just stupid. I think it's the first in a trilogy, but I doubt I'll be checking out the other two. The two main characters (the girl and the mouse) are pretty awesome, though.

Kara no Kyoukai is interesting. It's a 50 minute movie, the first in a series of seven or eight movies. It plays out a little bit slow, and at times you may be wondering what the Fuzzy Bunny is actually going on, but otherwise it's an interesting start to a possibly good mystery series. The main character is interesting as well.

PostPosted: July 15th, 2012, 3:29 am 
weɪfərskɪt
Chat Moderator
Chat Moderator

I just finished Usagi Drop. It's a show about a 30-something guy named Daikichi who adopts a young girl named Rin.

The show is adapted from a josei manga, meaning that its demographic is young adult women, so you may find that it's not your cup of tea. I recommend watching at least the first episode, though. It's actually a pretty solid start, unlike most of the shows I've watched which have a slow start before unleashing floods of awesomeness (I'm looking at you, Steins;Gate).

If you watched Clannad ~After Story~ and enjoyed the interactions between Tomoya and Ushio, then you'll probably love this show.

The show is 11 episodes long, with a few short "bonus episodes" in-between. It covers the first four volumes of the manga, out of a total of nine volumes (so basically there's probably going to be a second season).

Give it a shot. You won't regret it.

PostPosted: July 17th, 2012, 8:40 pm 
i praise feist
Sorceror of Saradomin
Sorceror of Saradomin

Jackstick wrote:
I just finished Usagi Drop. It's a show about a 30-something guy named Daikichi who adopts a young girl named Rin.

The show is adapted from a josei manga, meaning that its demographic is young adult women, so you may find that it's not your cup of tea. I recommend watching at least the first episode, though. It's actually a pretty solid start, unlike most of the shows I've watched which have a slow start before unleashing floods of awesomeness (I'm looking at you, Steins;Gate).

If you watched Clannad ~After Story~ and enjoyed the interactions between Tomoya and Ushio, then you'll probably love this show.

The show is 11 episodes long, with a few short "bonus episodes" in-between. It covers the first four volumes of the manga, out of a total of nine volumes (so basically there's probably going to be a second season).

For those that have seen the show, I really wouldn't recommend picking up the manga. The ending is highly disappointing in my opinion.

PostPosted: July 18th, 2012, 5:00 am 
weɪfərskɪt
Chat Moderator
Chat Moderator

Regulus wrote:
Jackstick wrote:

For those that have seen the show, I really wouldn't recommend picking up the manga. The ending is highly disappointing in my opinion.

I've already decided that I'm going to read the manga if a second season isn't confirmed soon. :awesome:

PostPosted: July 26th, 2012, 11:56 pm 
i praise feist
Sorceror of Saradomin
Sorceror of Saradomin

Jackstick wrote:
Regulus wrote:
Jackstick wrote:

I've already decided that I'm going to read the manga if a second season isn't confirmed soon. :awesome:

With the ending it had, don't expect a second season lol (actually, maybe only in Japan but it may be pushing it).

Anyway, I just finished watching Witch Hunter Robin. After seeing a few episodes here and there back in the day, I'm glad I got to complete it in order. Good series.

PostPosted: November 10th, 2012, 9:23 pm 
weɪfərskɪt
Chat Moderator
Chat Moderator

Well, I did it. I finally gave Air another shot, and this time I finished it.

Now that I've finished it, I can say that it's not quite as bad as I had expected (don't get me wrong though, it's still pretty bad). There are some redeemable qualities, most of which are found the further away you get from the main cast and story.

Unfortunately, the first-half of the show is crap. The protagonist is your typical harem protagonist - that is, he's designed to be plain enough so that just about anyone can self-insert themselves into the story. The problem is, he's TOO plain. Okazaki from Clannad is an interesting, developed character. Yukito, the protagonist of Air, is so disappointingly boring.

All of the heroines in Air are one-dimensional stock characters. You have the sick one, the autistic one, the tsundere, and the main heroine, who SOMEHOW manages to be significantly less interesting than anyone else in the entire show. The cast of this show really disappointed me, because the heroines in the other Key shows (Kanon and Clannad) actually do have substance. Not all of them are worth remembering (especially some of the Kanon heroines), but most of them are actually interesting and developed characters. Tomoyo from Clannad goes far beyond the typical cute-and-impaired role of most harem heroines, and in many ways she even eclipses Nagisa (the main heroine in Clannad). Ayu from Kanon, as annoying as she is, provides much of the show's comedic aspect. There's a right way and a wrong way to create a harem heroine, and Air does it the absolute wrong way with its all-cute-but-no-substance characters. This is the sort of cast that gives anime a bad name.

In fact, the most interesting characters are supporting cast. The main heroine's mother goes through much, much more character-development than the main heroine or even the protagonist. In fact, she ends up being the focus of the show in the last few episodes, after the protagonist randomly disappears (I don't even know).

There are fourteen episodes in total (fifteen if you count the recap episode). Four of those episodes are an entirely different story, taking place one-thousand years ago in the Heian Period. Those episodes are the best, and they make this show worth watching. The three main characters in this arc are a breath of fresh air (hah) from the rest of the boring cast (except for the heroine's mother. Remember, she's awesome). There isn't a very significant connection between the original story and the one in the Heian Period, except for some parallel mythology and vague ancestry. You could almost watch the Heian arc without even bothering with the rest of the show, but you'll miss out on some of the mythological and symbolic importance of the Fuzzy Bunny main story. You'll probably still have some trouble understanding the whole point of the show, though. This is one of those shows that really benefits from having a recap episode at the end.

So, I'm going to give the show a generous 5/10. It would be a solid 1/10 if it weren't for the heroine's mother and the Heian Period episodes. I plan to watch the film soon (which is adapted from the same source material as the show, but by a different production company). Sadly, the film is made by the same company that made the Clannad film, which was an absolute travesty.

PostPosted: November 10th, 2012, 10:08 pm 
The Legendary
Village Legend
Village Legend

Donor: Guardian (2008)
All harem-type animes feel so boring when you've watched Clannad :down:

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: November 30th, 2012, 8:17 pm 
Village Elder
Village Elder

Donor: Prince (2012)
Only four episodes left and I will have finished fullmetal Alchemist. Sadly I cannot do that until Tuesday! So close....

Contact me if you have any aquarium related questions, fresh or salt. Also looking for freshwater shrimp at all times. Whether you are in the US or elsewhere. Thanks!

PostPosted: November 30th, 2012, 9:27 pm 
weɪfərskɪt
Chat Moderator
Chat Moderator

Burks wrote:
Only four episodes left and I will have finished fullmetal Alchemist. Sadly I cannot do that until Tuesday! So close....

Brotherhood or the original?

PostPosted: December 1st, 2012, 1:04 am 
Village Elder
Village Elder

Donor: Prince (2012)
Jackstick wrote:
Burks wrote:

Brotherhood or the original?

Original. Brotherhood is after that, but probably won't start it until Wednesday. I'll be gone from Friday to Sunday next week. Hard to say if I'll finish it.

Never realized Netflix had such a HUGE array of anime...

Contact me if you have any aquarium related questions, fresh or salt. Also looking for freshwater shrimp at all times. Whether you are in the US or elsewhere. Thanks!

PostPosted: February 22nd, 2013, 9:21 pm 
weɪfərskɪt
Chat Moderator
Chat Moderator

I finished Chihayafuru a couple nights ago. 10/10, great characters, writing, and design. Can't wait to watch Season 2.

PostPosted: February 25th, 2013, 1:17 pm 
Marketeer
Village Elder
Village Elder

Donor: Prince (2013)
Just finished SAO last night. I really liked the first half.
Is there anything like that but with more fights?

[ 46 posts ] 
Go to page: « Previous  1, 2, 3  Next »  Page: