[ 1045 posts ] 
Go to page: « Previous  1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53  Next »  Page:

Post subject: Re: Official RuneVillage NFL Thread
PostPosted: November 8th, 2011, 11:23 pm 
Big, dirty shithawks.
Village Staff
Village Staff

Scar wrote:
Fairly certain San Fran clinches their division with two more wins or something like that

That's so pathetic that I can't even laugh about it.

Jackstick wrote:
bluecoat is the tracker, Market Man6 is the detective, Paidea is the watcher, Super Saiyan Goku is the Doctor, Stone Cold Steve Austin is the Janitor, and I'm the Godfather.

Profile YIM 

PostPosted: November 13th, 2011, 3:04 pm 
DON'T LOSE YOUR WAY
Village Elder
Village Elder

Donor: Guardian (2012)
Landerpurex wrote:
Scar wrote:
Fairly certain San Fran clinches their division with two more wins or something like that

That's so pathetic that I can't even laugh about it.

Good old NFC Best! :roll:

Also, dat botched field goal.

My new years resolution is 1680x1050.
Rocky Martin wrote:
TheAnimal is one cool dude.
Hideyoshi wrote:
There's a demo. Play the demo. Form your own opinion.

PostPosted: November 13th, 2011, 6:33 pm 
That Guy
Sorceror of Saradomin
Sorceror of Saradomin

Someone should've told the Lions they had a game today. :-|

PostPosted: November 13th, 2011, 7:12 pm 
DON'T LOSE YOUR WAY
Village Elder
Village Elder

Toa wrote:

I think you mean someone should have told Stafford that he's supposed to be throwing to Lions players, not Chicago players.

Rocky Martin wrote:
Hideyoshi wrote:

PostPosted: November 16th, 2011, 12:03 am 
The Gun-Slinging Priest
Priest of Saradomin
Priest of Saradomin

[youtube]AFm3FiVzhhk[/youtube]
Been a packers fan since birth.

PostPosted: November 17th, 2011, 1:35 am 
Big, dirty shithawks.
Village Staff
Village Staff

Animal wrote:
Toa wrote:

I think you mean someone should have told Stafford that he's supposed to be throwing to Lions players, not Chicago players.

Lions are so disgustingly inconsistent that I can hardly bear to watch their games. Joke's on them, halfway through I quit watching and started playing Skyrim. :awesome:

One week they look like legitimate playoff contenders, next week they look like the team that went 0-16. With the Packers coming up TWICE in our future schedule, I'm starting to worry that we're not going to make the playoffs. :down:

Jackstick wrote:
bluecoat is the tracker, Market Man6 is the detective, Paidea is the watcher, Super Saiyan Goku is the Doctor, Stone Cold Steve Austin is the Janitor, and I'm the Godfather.

Profile YIM 

PostPosted: November 17th, 2011, 10:52 pm 
Jess
Village Legend
Village Legend

Donor: Princess (2009)
Friend of Hiker
So...as bad as he may be as a Quarterback, Tebow took the same team that was 1-4(I believe) with Orton and has them back to .500.

Wonder how long this thing can last lol.

PostPosted: November 19th, 2011, 10:17 am 
Village Czar
Village Czar

Donor: Prince (2011)
Scar wrote:
So...as bad as he may be as a Quarterback, Tebow took the same team that was 1-4(I believe) with Orton and has them back to .500.

Wonder how long this thing can last lol.

The odd thing about Tim is he's got an impressive touchdown to interception ratio. He's 7 to 1 without factoring in his rushing touchdowns. Yeah his completion percentage leaves a great deal to be desired, he's shown the ability to move the ball down field with his legs that offsets a bit of that completion percentage. If he can keep the turnovers down, he'll be in good company of quarterbacks that are given the single goal of just not Fuzzy Bunny up the game. Flacco, Sanchez, Whoever is playing QB for the Redskins this week, and what likely will become of Ponder and McCoy.

PostPosted: November 19th, 2011, 6:53 pm 
DON'T LOSE YOUR WAY
Village Elder
Village Elder

Tebow is fun to watch, but my god he is Fuzzy Bunny in the pocket.

Rocky Martin wrote:
Hideyoshi wrote:

PostPosted: November 20th, 2011, 2:33 pm 
Big, dirty shithawks.
Village Staff
Village Staff

Animal wrote:
Tebow is fun to watch, but my god he is Fuzzy Bunny in the pocket.

+1

I'm not buying the Tim Tebow hype. But I will acknowledge that I may end up eating those words.

As of right now, Lions are up by one after being down by 13. Here's to hoping. \:D/

Jackstick wrote:

Profile YIM 

PostPosted: November 24th, 2011, 10:15 am 
Jess
Village Legend
Village Legend

Friend of Hiker
Saw this the night of the Broncos v. Jets game:

Also lol at Suh claiming he was trying to get his balance when he stomped on that Green Bay player, dude needs to check his anger issues before it ruins what could be a bright future in this league.

PostPosted: November 25th, 2011, 1:16 am 
Big, dirty shithawks.
Village Staff
Village Staff

Scar wrote:

Also lol at Suh claiming he was trying to get his balance when he stomped on that Green Bay player, dude needs to check his anger issues before it ruins what could be a bright future in this league.

+1

As anyone who frequents this topic knows, I love the Lions, and I love Ndamukong Suh (sp?), I like the way he plays, but his bad attitude NEEDS to change. There's a difference between aggressive football and dirty football, and he's been toeing the line all season, but now he's leapt across it. What he did this afternoon was unacceptable. And he's lying about it, which is worse. It'd be one thing if he said "yeah, I was fired up and I made a bad move" but there's no way he was regaining his balance. And driving the guy's head into the ground while he was trying to 'get up'? Complete nonsense, and as some commentators said, he deserves a suspension.

EDIT: And now, according to detroitlions.com, Suh was trying to remove himself from the situation. He's changing his story. He never meant to step on anyone, apparently. I agree that the refs were inclined to penalize/eject him because of his reputation, but as him and his coaches said, you can't put yourself in a position where that's even possible, and Suh has. He's an incredible defensive tackle, but I don't want to see any more of him if he keeps playing the way he is. Illegal hands to the face with people's helmets flying off and Fuzzy Bunny...stupid penalties, illegal hits on QBs, etc etc. He hasn't had a sack in how long? He's hurting us more than anything.

How bout that Lions v Packers Thanksgiving game? Flag football, anyone? What an atrocity. Sucks that we actually played a decent first half, all things considered...especially on defense. But in the end, penalties, injuries, and Fuzzy Bunny football killed us. We have no easy schedule in the coming weeks so I hope we can stay in the wild card race. We got the vikings, chargers, raiders, saints, and packers left. We'd best clean up our act. I only see one of those games (vikings) as easily winnable, and not even then because you can never count a team out.

Jackstick wrote:

Profile YIM 

PostPosted: November 28th, 2011, 2:03 pm 
Jess
Village Legend
Village Legend

Friend of Hiker
Honestly with the way the Chargers have played recently I feel like the Lions will handle them rather easily. As for the other three well it depends which version of those teams show up. Raiders seem to be all over the place this tear due to more injuries, the Saints are good but at the same time they blew it against the Rams, and the Packers are really good but there is a slim chance they may shut it down after week 15.

For the record I hope the Packers don't pull anyone if they happen to be 15-0, not because I have anything against the Lions but because I don't want to see them give their starters two weeks in a row off only to have them come out after their bye week and fall apart.

PostPosted: December 13th, 2011, 4:38 pm 
Big, dirty shithawks.
Village Staff
Village Staff

Go Lions, etc. Lol @ the Rams and Bears, teeheehee.

Back in the wildcard race. Was looking scary there for a minute. I'm gonna be optimistic and predict our record to be 10-6. Wins against Oakland and San Diego, loss to the Packers. I predict we make playoffs, win one game, and lose the divisional playoffs to san fran or green bay. It all depends on when we get Louis Delmas and Chris Houston back.

Also: Cliff Avril. One of the better defensive ends in the league. 6 forced fumbles on the year, most in NFL.

Jackstick wrote:

Profile YIM 

PostPosted: December 21st, 2011, 2:53 pm 
Village Legend
Village Legend

How my Philadelphia Eagles are still in the playoff...I'll never know :O

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: January 3rd, 2012, 8:11 am 
Big, dirty shithawks.
Village Staff
Village Staff

Landerpurex wrote:
Go Lions, etc. Lol @ the Rams and Bears, teeheehee.

Back in the wildcard race. Was looking scary there for a minute. I'm gonna be optimistic and predict our record to be 10-6. Wins against Oakland and San Diego, loss to the Packers. I predict we make playoffs, win one game, and lose the divisional playoffs to san fran or green bay. It all depends on when we get Louis Delmas and Chris Houston back.

Also: Cliff Avril. One of the better defensive ends in the league. 6 forced fumbles on the year, most in NFL.

Huh. I was right on the money, though it wasn't exactly rocket science.

What a dismal game against the goddamn Packers. Matt Flynn throws for like 480 yards or some Fuzzy Bunny and 6 touchdowns. Good lord. The good news is that normally we bounce back from such ridiculously awful performances, so maybe we have a chance of beating the Saints. Even if we do, we'll then be headed to Lambeau to face the Packers. And how bout that Calvin Johnson? What an absolute machine that guy is. 244 yards and 2 tds I believe? I just WISH we could have gotten that #5 seed. We could have beaten the Giants, nevermind the Cowboys.

Doesn't look good, though anything can happen. I doubt anyone wants it more than the Lions. It's bittersweet knowing you're a winning, playoff-contending team but you are very far from the best and don't stand much of a chance. But I'll be hoping (and screaming) with all my might on Saturday and beyond. :awesome:

AFC playoff picture is complete garbage, Broncos and Bengals bahahaha. NFC games between (presumably) Saints and Packers and Atlanta and San Fran ought to be fantastic, though. Pats in the Super Bowl again? Probably. Them or the Steelers. Surprise surprise. NFC is gonna win the Super Bowl, but it's hard to say who's gonna be there.

And this is the part of my post where I troll Animal about the Rams:

*ahem*

HA-HA!

But seriously, what about the changes in staff over there?

Jackstick wrote:

Profile YIM 

PostPosted: January 15th, 2012, 10:14 pm 
DON'T LOSE YOUR WAY
Village Elder
Village Elder

I am so Fuzzy Bunny jelly of the 49ers it's ridiculous.

Also it should be noted that whoever is playing the Giants is the team I'm rooting for. Yes, I'm still pissed off about this. So go Niners! :spite:

Rocky Martin wrote:
Hideyoshi wrote:

PostPosted: January 16th, 2012, 12:01 am 
Big, dirty shithawks.
Village Staff
Village Staff

Wow. I never expected the Saints nor the Packers to lose so early in the playoffs. They were my top two Super Bowl picks. I like the 49ers, but the Giants are playing like they want to win, or something...

Pats over the Ravens. Ravens offense is terrible.

Jackstick wrote:

Profile YIM 

PostPosted: January 22nd, 2012, 3:40 am 
My milkshake brings all.
Minor King
Minor King

Landerpurex wrote:
Wow. I never expected the Saints nor the Packers to lose so early in the playoffs.

Packers were too upset over losing to the Chiefs to focus. True story.

PostPosted: January 22nd, 2012, 11:27 pm 
Lord of the Kawaii
Chat Moderator
Chat Moderator

Don't mind me, just making a Kyle Williams Voodoo doll. :spite:

[ 1045 posts ] 
Go to page: « Previous  1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53  Next »  Page: