All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   Page 1 of 1
 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: How to Appeal (if Banned) or Recover Your Account (if Lost)
PostPosted: June 4th, 2007, 10:56 am 
Sorceror of Saradomin
Sorceror of Saradomin

Donor: Guardian (2008)
How to recover your lost account (for returning users)

Many people after taking an extended leave of absence from Runevillage return to find they cannot remember the password for their old account. This leads to people creating new accounts and starting RuneVillage afresh, only to reveal they do in fact have another account but they cannot remember the name. Why lose an account that people already know you on? An account where you may have attained your one year mark or maybe even 2000 posts?

There is a simple way to recover these accounts, so simple in fact all you have to do is ask.

Just private message any Administrator and give them some information about the account that only you will know. They will then be able to reset your password and get you your account back.

Note to users: Do not try to gain access to another person's account by doing this. You will only find yourself receiving anything from a warning to a full IP ban. You have been warned.

Just touched up the post slightly. ~Tweedy

Post subject: How to appealing (if banned) or recover your account
PostPosted: June 25th, 2007, 8:32 pm 
A5chow, yo.
Village Legend
Village Legend

Donor: Knight (2009)
Friend of Hiker
How to appeal your account (for banned users)

Q. I've been banned but I've done nothing wrong to my knowledge. How can I appeal my ban?
A.
If you have discovered that your account has been banned and you know that you have done nothing wrong to the account, create a second one. In your signature, it should state your old user account's name and that you are appealing. Once that is done, contact a site or forum administrator via PM. State that you don't know why you've been banned and would like to know why. Then provide a link to your banned user's profile. Once the administrator has provided you with a reason, you have two options: to either accept the ban because you now understand that you've done something to warrant a banning or to reply back explaining the situation.

Q. I've been banned and I think I know why but I can explain. What do I do?
A.
Create a new account. In your signature, it should state your old user account's name and that you are appealing. Contact a site or forum administrator by private messaging them. Tell them about your situation, provide a link to the banned profile, and explain your case. The administrator will consider your appeal and decide whether you will remained banned or not.

Q. It's been a while since I've been banned. I know what I've done was wrong. Can I come back to RV?
A.
Attempt to contact a site or forum administrator by private messaging them. Let them know who you are, what you've done to get banned, and how long it's been. Write what you feel is best for the administrator to consider your appeal. The outcome of your appeal may rely solely on what you write and what you've done in the past.

Q. Where can I find a list of site or forum administrators?
A.
A list of both site and forum administrators can be found on the Administrators list.

Please note that you cannot use your secondary account in any way other than to appeal. This means that you cannot go into the Chat room, post messages on the forums, or private message anyone other than administrators until further notice from an administrator.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Page 1 of 1
 [ 2 posts ]