PRACTICAL AND SAFE!
Champion of Saradomin
Champion of Saradomin

Donor: Knight (2008)
Ironman.

Epic.

9/10

--------------------------------------
Doughnut Juice ~ And you're not a normal user, you're like The One Village Staff to Rule Them All.
Henner ~ You're the coolest in my eyes, Gamestar.
Jared ~ You make me lose the game. :[
Rocky Martin ~ Substitute effect: buy less potatoes.

Post subject: Re: ~~Movies You've Just Watched.~~
PostPosted: October 27th, 2008, 4:03 pm 
Queen of Runevillage
Sorceror of Saradomin
Sorceror of Saradomin

What's Eating Gilbert Grape?

I watched like half of it and couldn't stop laughing.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: November 11th, 2008, 4:01 pm 
PRACTICAL AND SAFE!
Champion of Saradomin
Champion of Saradomin

Donor: Knight (2008)
Les Vacances de Monsieur Hulot.

1953 film staring and directed by Jacques Tati.
Is what it says on the tin. The Holiday of Mr Hulot. It follows Tati as he goes on holiday to France, where he stays at a quiet seaside hotel. Whilst being a quiet guy, he manages to cause catastrophic chaos.
Basically comedian based comedy. It seemed to be gag after gag, and although it had a narrative it wasn't made structurally well.

6/10

--------------------------------------
Doughnut Juice ~ And you're not a normal user, you're like The One Village Staff to Rule Them All.
Henner ~ You're the coolest in my eyes, Gamestar.
Jared ~ You make me lose the game. :[
Rocky Martin ~ Substitute effect: buy less potatoes.

PostPosted: November 11th, 2008, 10:33 pm 
WUT IT DEW MAYNE
Champion of Saradomin
Champion of Saradomin

Madagascar 2.

7/10. Hated the first one but this one was pretty good. Animation kinda sucked after watching Wall-E though.

PostPosted: November 11th, 2008, 10:42 pm 
Supreme Discord Overlord
RV Discord Administrator
RV Discord Administrator

Donor: Guardian (2009)
Be Kind, Rewind.

Wow. I freakin' LOVE this movie now.

Walking down the street.
And you see a little ghost.
Whatcha gonna do,
about those GHOSTBUSTERS

10/10

Join us at the RV Discord Channel: https://discord.gg/DgtPWPM

PostPosted: September 8th, 2009, 12:15 am 
WUT IT DEW MAYNE
Champion of Saradomin
Champion of Saradomin

Air Force One -
8.5/10, Good cheesy fun.

Adventureland -
8/10. Wrongly marketed, completely. Just because it's from the director of Superbad doesn't make it a sex filled teen comedy. It was a good growing-up movie. Pretty warm and sort of unique because it's set in 1987. Some pretty funny moments scattered throughout, too.

Being John Malkovich -
9/10. The most original movie I've seen, ever, I must say. Can't imagine how this movie was thought of. Loved it.

Dark City -
7/10. Heard a lot about it...how Matrix was a rip-off of it and stuff...I gotta say, other than Kiefer Sutherland and Jennifer Connelly's performances, there wasn't a lot of great stuff about it. Some pretty unforgettable MOMENTS in the movie though, but as a whole, the movie just comes off cheesy and a bit amateur-ish, to be honest. And I hated the main character - probably the actor's fault - so that's never good.

District 9 -
10/10. Saw it in theaters, loved it. Don't wanna go into detail. Can't wait for the DVD to come out so I can watch it again.

Lucky Number Slevin -
9/10. Great movie with a great main cast - Sir Ben Kingsley, Morgan Freeman, Bruce Willis, Josh Hartnett, Lucy Liu. Great mob type of movie.

Minority Report -
9.5/10. I've always liked Tom Cruise, couldn't give a damn about his personal life. To me, he's been a great actor always. This is one of his best movies IMO. Him and Spielberg did an awesome job.

Eastern Promises -
10/10. Would've been like an 8.5/10 if it weren't for my Russian heritage. I couldn't help loving it. Went on my Top 10 list almost immediately. Also, the naked bath house fight was brutally good.

Black Hawk Down -
10/10. Was underwhelmed the first time I saw it. Too many characters, 'plot' was all over the place, etc. Now, I approached it differently and I loved it. Also went on my Top 10 list and currently my favorite war movie.

Leon (the Professional) -
8.5/10. Jean Reno was great, Natalie Portman was disturbingly great (she was only 11, holy crap). Some parts were a bit uncomfortable to watch because of the underlying themes though...

The Hurt Locker -
8.5/10. Maybe I was expecting something different, but it didn't floor me like it did so many people (top reviews all across the board). Still a great "war" movie, though.

The Rock -
7/10. Michael Bay's best movie but it really isn't saying much. If Nicolas Cage wasn't such a horrendous actor this would've been a 9/10 from me. He brought it down the entire time.

The Last Samurai -
10/10. As I mentioned, always liked Tom Cruise. Definitely one of his best roles, and an all-around underrated movie.

Kill Bill Volume 1 -
10/10. Loved everything about it. I didn't particularly like Pulp Fiction (mindless banter most of the time) and I didn't like Death Proof (mindless banter all the time - OH CRAP HERE COMES A CAR CRASH). But this, I loved. Tarantino at his best.

Kill Bill Volume 2 -
9/10. A step down from Volume 1 only because it's not as over-the-top. It's a bit more realistic and down-to-earth, which was a bit underwhelming after Volume 1's awesomeness. David Carradine steals the show, though. RIP.

Bad Boys II -
6/10. Haven't seen the first one, but I appreciated this for what it was - action for action's sake. Martin Lawrence did get a bit annoying after a while though.

First Blood -
7/10. The only Rambo movie I've seen for now. It was good. Not great, but good. I'm not used to watching movies back in the 70s or 80s to be honest. It was a bit jarring how the voices (re-done or re-mixed, probably) were crystal clear yet the gun and car sound effects were terrible 70s quality. And Stallone does use some of his good acting ability but only at the end.

I Love You, Man -
8/10. If you love awkward comedy, you'll love this. That being said, I found myself cringing. Way. Too. Much. The Office does this exceptionally well, too. Still a pretty funny movie and one of the better recent comedies.

Munich -
7/10. Good movie, but not my style. Went on a bit too long for my liking. Despite not liking it very much, I can still appreciate the fact that it's a good movie.

Oldboy -
8/10. GREAT movie, but I couldn't bring myself to watch it again. Too sickening. Like Munich, though, I can appreciate that's a great movie.

Pan's Labyrinth -
7/10, it's a brilliantly made movie but I didn't like it a whole lot.

Requiem for a Dream -
7/10. Pretty good movie. Gets extra points because of the ending, which was raw, felt real, and completely and utterly depressing.

Shooter -
7.5/10. Mark Wahlberg - great. All the other actors except Danny Glover - only decent. Still a pretty good action movie.

Smokin' Aces -
8/10. One of the best assembled casts I've seen in a LONG time. Basically, even the minor characters were played by huge celebrities. Not the best use of everyone's talents (Sin City was better in that regard) but still a damn great movie.

Se7en -
10/10. Best serial killer movie I've seen in a long time, if not ever.

Snatch -
9.5/10. This one will definitely grow on me. Been meaning to see it for a long time, it was well worth it.

Speed -
9.5/10. One of my favorite action movies now. Even Keanu Reeves seems to be better at acting than usual. Very much reminded me of 24 for some reason.

Sex Drive -
7/10. Not too bad as a comedy. Immature, sure, but pretty damn funny.

Terminator Salvation -
5/10. Decent as far as action goes, but everything else sorta sucked.

The Big Lebowski -
2/10. I can honestly say this is the first movie that I've heard almost universal praise for, that I've absolutely hated. I hate everything about this movie. Literally, everything. In some movies, like Layer Cake or In Bruges (my 2nd and 3rd favorite movies), all the aspects of the movie come together seamlessly and form a perfect movie. Here, it's the opposite. All of its aspects come together to make me realize how horrible it is, and the more I see, the more I hate. The humor was nonexistent. The acting was Fuzzy Bunny. The storyline was even worse. The music was nothing to write home about. The characters - all of them - I hated. The setting - hated it. Even the little things about the movie - like the bowling throughout the game, the hobo lifestyle of the main character, the fat retardedness of the main character's friend - I absolutely loathed it all. For the first time ever, I swear, I was actually looking every few minutes at the time to see how much more of the movie was left. It gets a 2/10 instead of a 1/10 because I normally like Jeff Bridges and because Steve Buscemi had like one funny line and that's it.

The Hangover -
10/10. One of my favorite comedies now. I don't think it'll wear off, either, because I watched it a month after the first time and it was still hilarious. Ed Helms (Andy from the Office) was by far the weakest link though, unfortunately.

The International -
7/10. Marketed as an action movie when there barely was any, but it was a good "political intrigue" sort of movie. The premise is dull so they can't really do much about it, but it's a decent movie.

The Others -
8/10. I don't watch too many scary movies, but I have to say this one was genuinely scary. Plus, twist at the end makes everything so much better.

Transformers -
7/10

Transformers 2 -
5/10

Twelve Monkeys -
7/10. Pretty good. A little bit on the weird side of everything, but I sort of enjoyed it.

Unbreakable -
9/10; forget the Dark Knight, this is the best superhero-for-adults movie ever made.

The Usual Suspects -
8.5/10; pretty awesome. Didn't see the twist coming either.

PostPosted: September 8th, 2009, 1:38 am 
RV's Thespian
Village Elder
Village Elder

Donor: Guardian (2012)
Andrey wrote:
The Big Lebowski -
2/10. I can honestly say this is the first movie that I've heard almost universal praise for, that I've absolutely hated. I hate everything about this movie. Literally, everything. In some movies, like Layer Cake or In Bruges (my 2nd and 3rd favorite movies), all the aspects of the movie come together seamlessly and form a perfect movie. Here, it's the opposite. All of its aspects come together to make me realize how horrible it is, and the more I see, the more I hate. The humor was nonexistent. The acting was Fuzzy Bunny. The storyline was even worse. The music was nothing to write home about. The characters - all of them - I hated. The setting - hated it. Even the little things about the movie - like the bowling throughout the game, the hobo lifestyle of the main character, the fat retardedness of the main character's friend - I absolutely loathed it all. For the first time ever, I swear, I was actually looking every few minutes at the time to see how much more of the movie was left. It gets a 2/10 instead of a 1/10 because I normally like Jeff Bridges and because Steve Buscemi had like one funny line and that's it.

I disagree 100%. This is one of the most brilliant comedies of all time, and the only reason it wasn't recognized, was because it came out the same year as Titanic. The characters are brilliant, and the plot just makes the movie even more hysterical. Do you like any of the other Coen Brothers' films?

PostPosted: September 8th, 2009, 1:52 am 
WUT IT DEW MAYNE
Champion of Saradomin
Champion of Saradomin

Tanksandguns wrote:
Andrey wrote:
The Big Lebowski -

I disagree 100%. This is one of the most brilliant comedies of all time, and the only reason it wasn't recognized, was because it came out the same year as Titanic. The characters are brilliant, and the plot just makes the movie even more hysterical. Do you like any of the other Coen Brothers' films?

I realize a lot of people love it, but I inexplicably hated it. As for the Coen Brothers, I loved No Country for Old Men, but that wasn't a comedy. I was looking into seeing more of their movies so the Big Lebowski just happened to be the first on my list. And that didn't leave a good impression, so I dunno if I'll watch any of their other films.

And I wouldn't say it wasn't recognized, it's a bit of a cult favorite now and almost universally loved...it's pretty high up on IMDB.com's Top 250, too.

PostPosted: September 8th, 2009, 2:20 am 
RV's Thespian
Village Elder
Village Elder

Donor: Guardian (2012)
I meant when it was first released, sorry for not clarifying that. O Brother Where Art Thou? is another one that is really funny. Stuck on You is also good, so I'd recommend giving those two a shot. Burn After Reading is slow for most of the movie, but the end, in my opinion, is absolutely hilarious.

PostPosted: September 8th, 2009, 2:28 am 
WUT IT DEW MAYNE
Champion of Saradomin
Champion of Saradomin

Oh yeah, I forgot about Burn After Reading. That one was pretty great, actually. Hilarious in the end and in other parts, too. Brad Pitt was hilarious in every scene of his.

PostPosted: September 10th, 2009, 10:19 pm 
Spork it over
Sorceror of Saradomin
Sorceror of Saradomin

Re-watched Kill Bill, Poseidon and The Cookout.

Kill Bill gets a 8/10. One of Tarentino's best movies imo. Great action scenes, some funny parts.

Poseidon gets a 4/10. This movie is too boring to me. All it basically is it ship fills with water, the survivors inside walk around looking for a way out with obstacles every now and then. Almost fell asleep tbh.

The Cookout gets a 7/10. A decent movie. I liked the concept of this one, also there was a couple good actors in this movie, Queen Latifa probably being most notable. Funny parts are seldom, but do exist. This one is entertaining none-the-less.

PostPosted: September 10th, 2009, 11:48 pm 
RV's Weaponologist
Priest of Saradomin
Priest of Saradomin

During this summmer:

Transfomers 2 - 5/10

G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra - See above

District 9 - 10/10
I really want to see this on DVD soon

I'm going to be seeing 9 over the weekend. I actually thought the trailer to that movie was better than G.I. Joe itself.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

PostPosted: September 12th, 2009, 3:59 am 
Coolest Wizard Ever
Village Elder
Village Elder

Inglourious Bunnies: Excellent. Watch it.

9: Not excellent. Don't watch it.

PostPosted: September 13th, 2009, 3:20 am 
Sorceror of Saradomin
Sorceror of Saradomin

Green Street - 8/10.

Being a football fan obviously made me like it more, but it's really fun to watch, I'd recommend it to anyone.

PostPosted: November 6th, 2010, 6:08 pm 
Good with wood
Champion of Saradomin
Champion of Saradomin

As I have already posted in their threads:
Iron Man 2
Kung Fu Panda

I watched Kung Fu Panda for the 1st time last night. I missed the 1st 20 mins of it & have it set up for Record next week. It was funny & had good effects/story. Watching it again right now.

Po: Skadoosh!

@Matt258RS Twitch: Matt258RS

Whatpulse
My Youtube user name: birdman258 200MCook ProfitCook 200mPrayer MakinWines MyF2pSkillers

Last edited by Matt258 on November 6th, 2010, 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: November 6th, 2010, 6:20 pm 
Discriminates against
Priest of Saradomin
Priest of Saradomin

Andrey wrote:
The Big Lebowski -

But that's like, your opinion, man.

Is irritated that calling a moron a moron is grounds for post deletion.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... =Delonyera

٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶

PostPosted: November 6th, 2010, 9:14 pm 
♫ Hakuna Matata ♫
Village Elder
Village Elder

Donor: Guardian (2009)
A Beautiful Mind - i liked it a lot! Since I like crazy mind-blowing stuff :D
The Fountain - was interesting and very well filmed, maybe a little too spiritual for me though :P
Prince of Persia - was okay, could be better! But could also have been much worse. So I'm happy with the outcome.

Enjoyed the first the most!

PostPosted: November 6th, 2010, 11:37 pm 
Coolest Wizard Ever
Village Elder
Village Elder

Vertigo- Slow to start, standard Hitchcock fare. Second half picked up, got depressing as hell, Hitchcock was totally trolling on the ending. I'd recommend it if you like old movies, though.

[ 238 posts ] 
Go to page: « Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Page: