Go to page: « Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next »  Page:

Post subject: Re: ELECTION MAFIA - Day Three - MOTION
PostPosted: January 17th, 2017, 9:30 pm 
Big, dirty shithawks.
Village Staff
Village Staff

Komoe Tsukuyomi wrote:
Rory wrote:
We do run the risk of losing early if we elect someone and they get the wrong person. If we don't elect, and then someone dies, that gives us one more day, doesn't it?

Yes. If we dont elect, only one person max dies. That leaves town with a slim majority still and one more day.

If we elect, two people die, three max. Lynch + night kill and if sparky isnt town aligned with that role of his, three with his assassination.

There is no reason to elect today. There is no reason for lander to be pushing this hard. If we dont elect tonight and one of us dies, we still have the numbers to elect (ie Rory, Paidea, and Lander), and have another use of invest roles to fully determine the scum.

But something tells me Lander might have different plans.

:facepalm:

Jackstick wrote:
bluecoat is the tracker, Market Man6 is the detective, Paidea is the watcher, Super Saiyan Goku is the Doctor, Stone Cold Steve Austin is the Janitor, and I'm the Godfather.

Profile YIM 

PostPosted: January 17th, 2017, 9:46 pm 
(MC SparkyAMS)
Wizard
Wizard

Well, I mean, your numbers DO add up, BUT, as has already been said, you're only going to win by having a president lynch a mafia, and for that, you kinda need a president.

You can't just put off having a president forever on the fear that I will shoot them,
AND at the same time think that I'm a mafia guy who's running around at night.

It will only be one or the other, and I ain't going nowhere.
If you waste your time searching me tonight, you will still be afraid of me tomorrow if nothing show up.

There's only been ONE president so far, ME, and I wasn't going to shoot myself now was I?
Just cause I have a gun doesn't mean I'll just use it on anybody...

And again, when do mafia get EXTRA murder roles? That would be a bit unfair.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: January 17th, 2017, 9:49 pm 
Thanks for all the fish!
Chat Moderator
Chat Moderator

Donor: Knight (2013)
SparkyAMS wrote:

And again, when do mafia get EXTRA murder roles? That would be a bit unfair.

My suspicion is that you might be the mafia killer role, masquerading as a vigilante-type kind of role. In that case there'd still only be one mafia killing role.

PostPosted: January 17th, 2017, 11:26 pm 
Lord of the Kawaii
Chat Moderator
Chat Moderator

Im putting off electing someone for one night, not forever. One night that we need for the invest roles to confirm who is mafia. Because with the way you two are pushing for a lynch, I'm starting to believe Lander and Sparky are the illuminati and Saten being a Third Party Candidate.

My gut is telling me that Lander did a little role projection when he made the comment about me being invest immune gf,and Sparky was telling the truth about his role just that he is illuminati aligned.

I wanna know why you two are so apprehensive about letting Paidea investigating this.

PostPosted: January 18th, 2017, 1:46 am 
Level 0
Village Elder
Village Elder

Donor: Wizard (2013)
Friend of Hiker
I don't understand all the talk about Sparky's role being Mafia-aligned. If he was, I'd think I'd have heard about it before now.

Also, again, see: Sparky's chances of being Mafia are literally statistically zero. :awesome:

Also+2, what kind of Mafia role gets EXTRA kills?
Komoe Tsukuyomi wrote:
That's guaranteed to end this game with a town loss after tonight. If we elect an iloomenaughty, that'll give them the power to lynch. You will 200% be hanging from the rafters before anyone can even start to sue for a recount (if you are what you say you are). That's 1 town dead, 5 people remaining. At night they stab another. 2 town dead, 4 people remaining. That's 2 town vs 2 iloomenaughty. Game over, town loses.
I'm not seeing this--you're COMPLETELY ignoring that Sparky kills the Mafioso President, and I REALLY can't see why no one called you on it.

I thought it was a good plan. If a Mafia is elected, EVEN if they lynch someone, if Sparky shoots them then it's 1 Mafia left and 3 Town. Mafia kills that night, 1 Mafia and 2 Town. I'd hope the town wouldn't lose at that point.

That being said, I guess no one was down with that plan. And I'm not a fan of pushing us closer to the brink of destruction. If you think Sparky's role is Mafia aligned, why would you make ANY assumptions about how close the game is to ending right this moment?

I'm with Lander. You don't win Mafia games by not lynching bad guys.

Vote: Komoe

Choose wisely, Tsukuyomi-sensei.

Legendary themed months are back! Maybe.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: January 18th, 2017, 2:15 am 
Lord of the Kawaii
Chat Moderator
Chat Moderator

Saten Ruiko wrote:

I thought it was a good plan. If a Mafia is elected, EVEN if they lynch someone, if Sparky shoots them then it's 1 Mafia left and 3 Town. Mafia kills that night, 1 Mafia and 2 Town. I'd hope the town wouldn't lose at that point.

They wont lynch someone, they will lynch Sparky. Unless he suddenly turned into a gram-negative bacteria, he cant do Fuzzy Bunny hanging from the rafters. That's 2 town down, we lose.

PostPosted: January 18th, 2017, 2:51 am 
Supreme Discord Overlord
RV Discord Administrator
RV Discord Administrator

Donor: Guardian (2009)
Abstain - 2 - Rory, Komoe Tsukuyomi
Komoe Tsukuyomi - 4 - SparkyAMS, Landerpurex, Paidea, Saten Ruiko

Well that can't be right....

Count them again. You already did?.... Very well.

The votes are in. Step forward, Paidea.

Paidea has been elected President? The day deadline has been extended to 7:45 AM EST on Friday, January 20th.

Join us at the RV Discord Channel: https://discord.gg/DgtPWPM

PostPosted: January 18th, 2017, 6:21 am 
Thanks for all the fish!
Chat Moderator
Chat Moderator

So, there's apparently a rigger sort of role. :?:

PostPosted: January 18th, 2017, 6:36 am 
Thanks for all the fish!
Chat Moderator
Chat Moderator

Alright, so going back to my N2 results, Paidea visited Komoe. Komoe was supposed to be elected, but instead Paidea claimed Day 3's Presidency.

PostPosted: January 18th, 2017, 7:15 am 
(MC SparkyAMS)
Wizard
Wizard

Well now I have no idea what to do...

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: January 18th, 2017, 10:37 am 
Lord of the Kawaii
Chat Moderator
Chat Moderator

I... What?

Is someone Russian?

PostPosted: January 18th, 2017, 11:26 am 
Village Elder
Village Elder

I have no idea how I was elected. My guess is that the Illuminati redirected the result to me somehow, to ensure that any potential Assassin could only target the Cop. Whoever is responsible, is unlikey to come forward.

Yes, I am saying I'm suspicious of Komoe for having some type of Godfather-esque investigation immunity.

Since Sparky hasn't shot me yet, I'm going to assume he's actually sided with the Town.

At this point, I think there's one scum in Lander/Jaron and one scum in Komoe/Rory.

Paidea wrote:
And you're not dead yet? Topsummoner

~Paidea

His logic is flawless. Topsummoner

I concur. We must lynch him now for the sake of the metagame, we MUST teach people that they can't go around claiming "anniversary" and expect leniency. Topsummoner.

Profile YIM 

PostPosted: January 18th, 2017, 11:51 am 
Lord of the Kawaii
Chat Moderator
Chat Moderator

Paidea wrote:
Yes, I am saying I'm suspicious of Komoe for having some type of Godfather-esque investigation immunity.

Really? Really? Even after I argued for an abstain vote all day? If I was Illuminati aligned, I would have just accepted the presidency and lynched you or possibly Sparky. Abstaining was the 100% protown choice and I would have been the worst Illuminati in the world to let it go to that. There is absolutely no benefit to let it go another day as an Illuminati.

PostPosted: January 18th, 2017, 11:58 am 
Lord of the Kawaii
Chat Moderator
Chat Moderator

Also, is Sparky's role daytime or nighttime? I am under the impression that it is nighttime, but he hasnt said otherwise.

PostPosted: January 18th, 2017, 12:27 pm 
Big, dirty shithawks.
Village Staff
Village Staff

Paidea wrote:
I have no idea how I was elected. My guess is that the Illuminati redirected the result to me somehow, to ensure that any potential Assassin could only target the Cop. Whoever is responsible, is unlikey to come forward.

Since Sparky hasn't shot me yet, I'm going to assume he's actually sided with the Town.

At this point, I think there's one scum in Lander/Jaron and one scum in Komoe/Rory.

Liar.

Komoe Tsukuyomi wrote:
Paidea wrote:

Really? Really? Even after I argued for an abstain vote all day? If I was Illuminati aligned, I would have just accepted the presidency and lynched you or possibly Sparky. Abstaining was the 100% protown choice and I would have been the worst Illuminati in the world to let it go to that. There is absolutely no benefit to let it go another day as an Illuminati.

I don't buy for a second that Paidea doesn't know what's going on. Who has he investigated? Komoe and a dead guy. He could just as easily be a mafia aligned role cop. He's flopped on his initial position and he conveniently didn't even acknowledge my thought of an investigation immune godfather and now he thinks this is the case. Furthermore, in the case of tau and myself, he stayed largely on the sidelines. That's unlike him. Lastly, paidea is the type of player to check his sanity if he is a traditional investigative role. And why investigate Komoe instead of me or Rory, who he was allegedly suspicious of?

But how could he have a role that investigates and also get himself elected? Mafia JoaT or his compatriot.

A role that puts a target of your choice up seems very, very OP. A role that puts yourself up instead of the target seems more likely. What's more, Sparly's status is confirmed in my eyes because his role is the direct countermeasure to what's just happened. I'm very surprised that you're not seeing this, paidea.

NEWSFLASH

I just re-read Rory's post. There is a DISTINCT POSSIBILITY that paidea has some kind of mafia aligned role where he's able to take the presidency if the person he visits becomes president. Too coincidental. And when he realized this was a real possibility, he conveniently switched from a hardline 'abstain' stance to voting for komoe to get him (himself) elected.

Shoot him, Sparky.

Jackstick wrote:
bluecoat is the tracker, Market Man6 is the detective, Paidea is the watcher, Super Saiyan Goku is the Doctor, Stone Cold Steve Austin is the Janitor, and I'm the Godfather.

Profile YIM 

PostPosted: January 18th, 2017, 12:49 pm 
Lord of the Kawaii
Chat Moderator
Chat Moderator

You know, Paidea could very well be the rigging role you just described. The role he claimed allegedly just tells who the person is aligned with. That is easy to fake if you're scum, you just say everyone but your partner is town aligned because duh.

This gives a lot of credibility to Sparky being town aligned. Why would Illuminati rig the vote, when they could have just elected me, had Sparky shoot me and then nightkill someone for the win?

I just... Dont know whats going on anymore...

PostPosted: January 18th, 2017, 2:22 pm 
Village Elder
Village Elder

Lynch: Sparky

Gonna have to get that out of the way before he gets any crazy ideas ;)

Paidea wrote:
And you're not dead yet? Topsummoner

~Paidea

His logic is flawless. Topsummoner

I concur. We must lynch him now for the sake of the metagame, we MUST teach people that they can't go around claiming "anniversary" and expect leniency. Topsummoner.

Profile YIM 

PostPosted: January 18th, 2017, 2:27 pm 
Big, dirty shithawks.
Village Staff
Village Staff

We lose. Sometimes being right is more fun than winning. :weird:

Jackstick wrote:

Profile YIM 

PostPosted: January 18th, 2017, 2:27 pm 
Supreme Discord Overlord
RV Discord Administrator
RV Discord Administrator

President Paidea's orders have been received. He believes Past President SparkyAMS is not to be trusted.... and we are obliged to obey his commands. Bring him forward.

The executioner grabs SparkyAMS, quickly disarming him of a hidden gun. The murmur of the crowd turns into an outcry. He is brought to the rope and...

A manifesto was found on Sparky's person... It looks like he had some Radical political ideas, but ultimately had the Village's interests in mind.

SparkyAMS - Radical, Lynched Day Three

Night Three begins. Deadline is 3:27 AM EST on Friday, January 20th.

Post subject: Re: ELECTION MAFIA - Night Three - RADICAL
PostPosted: January 18th, 2017, 2:51 pm 
Supreme Discord Overlord
RV Discord Administrator
RV Discord Administrator

Komoe Tsukuyomi's body lays sprawled out across the floor of the Electoral College. There is a Illuminati brand over his heart.

Before Landerpurex and Rory have time to digest this, Paidea and Saten Ruiko confidently stroll in, brandishing knives.

You two!......

Good work.

The host pulls a ushanka hat from up his sleeves and dons it.

The election is ours. Let's make the Village great again, comrades.

Saten Ruiko breaks into maniacal laughter, his eyes glowing a fierce red. Paidea's skin begins to shed, revealing a scaly interior. A dark new day dawns for the village.

GAME OVER! Illuminati win!

1. Paidea - Reptilian
2. Spirographed - Elector
3. Landerpurex - Elector
4. Rory - FBI
5. SparkyAMS - Radical
6. Jackstick - Elector
7. Komoe Tsukuyomi - Secret Service
8. tau_xi - Elector
9. Saten Ruiko - Antichrist

ROLE PMS:

Hidden: 
You are an Elector. You are aligned with the Village. During the day you must identify and elect an ideal presidential candidate in order to ensure the Illuminati are brought to justice. You win when the threats to the village and its election are eliminated.

You are an agent of the FBI. You are aligned with the Village. It is your responsibility to uncover any attempts to unjustly manipulate the election. During the night you can follow another player you think is supsicious and find out where they went during the night. You win when the threats to the village and its election are eliminated.

You are an agent of the Secret Service. You are aligned with the Village. It is your responsibility to protect the potential presidents from assassination attempts. During the night you can visit another player and protect them from harm. You win when the threats to the village and its election are eliminated.

You are a Radical. You are aligned with the Village. You have very strong opinions about this upcoming election, namely about who deserves to win it, and who might be controlling it behind the scenes. Due to this you've come prepared: you're packing a gun with a single bullet. Once, after a President has been elected (anytime from when a majority has been reached to when the President decides who to lynch), you may shoot the President. Your identity as the gunman will be revealed to the public. You win when the threats to the village and its election are eliminated.

You are a Reptilian. You are aligned with the Illuminati. During the night, you may visit a player and shapeshift into their role for that night and the following day. You may not visit the same player two nights in a row. The transformation persists on death. Your partner is Saten Ruiko. The Illuminati who sends in the kill will be the one who carries it out. You win when the number of Illuminati is equal to or greater than other players.

You are the Antichrist. You are aligned with the Illuminati. Aspiring to become the village President in order to usher in the end of days, you have several tools at your disposal to manipulate the election results. You may only use one ability per phase.

Null: Once during the night, you may visit a player and nullify their following day's vote. They will still be able to vote, but it will not count.
Rig: Once during the night, you may visit a player and rig the election in their favor. If a majority for any player is reached, your chosen player will be elected instead.
Obscure: Once during the day, you may choose to obscure the lynch results. If somebody is lynched that day, their role will not be revealed.

Your partner is Paidea. The Illuminati who sends in the kill will be the one who carries it out. Killing does not count towards your 'one ability per night'. You win when the number of Illuminati is equal to or greater than other players.

NIGHT ACTIONS:

Hidden: 
Night One:
Paidea transforms into tau_xi
Paidea kills Jackstick
Rory follows Saten Ruiko
Komoe protects tau_xi

Night Two:
Paidea transforms into Komoe
Rory follows Paidea
Komoe protects Paidea
Saten Ruiko kills Spirographed
Saten Ruiko rigs the election in Paidea's favor

Night Three:
Paidea kills Komoe

I really majorly screwed up the balance here, I have to admit right off the bat. I prioritized flavor over balance and it shows. Sorry!

The big offender was the role Jaron ended up with, the Antichrist. Just the Rig ability alone was overpowered; while he couldn't rig the election in his own favor, being able to rig it in Paidea's favor was too much. Do I even need to get into why the Null ability is a bad idea? I wanted to have a Mafia role with a grab-bag of election manipulating powers, but I went way too far here.

Sparky's role though, the Radical, was also poorly thought out. I included it partially as a counter to the Rig ability, but this turned it into a game of 'who's online at the right time?' which is never great.

All that aside, I'm pretty happy with how the game went down otherwise, in how it got players to change the way they think about the game. There were a few major snafus on the town side, namely not no-lynching on Day Three, but I can't hold it against you guys because I hecked up the balance.

I hope you guys had fun despite this. Thanks for playing.

Last edited by Topsummoner on January 18th, 2017, 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[ 169 posts ] 
Go to page: « Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next »  Page: