:awesome:

Post subject: Re: Mafia Revival V: Death To Be Expected - MAFIA WIN
PostPosted: October 6th, 2016, 9:24 am 
RV's Swimming
Village Legend
Village Legend

Donor: Guardian (2010)
So jack, the dr did have self protect!

That could have scuppered last night's actions bit the odds were in our favour anyway.

PostPosted: October 6th, 2016, 2:26 pm 
Supreme Discord Overlord
RV Discord Administrator
RV Discord Administrator

Donor: Guardian (2009)
Okay, I'll admit I screwed up by not hammering Aragon, but the train on him that day still makes about zero sense to me. I would have gone through with it had I known somebody would die anyways; I just didn't want to throw away bodies for nothing and saw no reason to believe he was mafia.

I investigated Jaron Night One and found him innocent. I tried to leave clues for this by not entertaining the idea of him actually being mafia on Day Two for even a second. I said "Jaron is probably just town."

I honestly didn't expect to die or I might have breadcrumbed it harder. I investigated Jack Night Two but died before I could get results. I believed Pyro was definitely town and figured the mafia was Jack and Frank, or Aragorn had Jack ended coming up innocent. Before Sparky died I was also suspicious of him.

We probably should have been told more overtly that somebody would die every day no matter what. I would have been more gungho to lynch then. That in addition to the mafia having TWO power roles really put this game's odds against us.

Ah well though. Good game.

Join us at the RV Discord Channel: https://discord.gg/DgtPWPM

PostPosted: October 6th, 2016, 3:15 pm 
Inactive for 0 months
Village Elder
Village Elder

This was a bad game to be doctor in. The whole time I had only one confirmed villager to protect - myself. I figured that someone would either be or pretend to be vindictive after last game so I had no trouble self-protecting night 1, but I didn't like doing it night 2. I also just plain didn't see the mafia switching out targets, which is also kinda silly of me. I feel my focus is too much on trying to find someone to protect more than it is someone to kill, and that's just bad for business.

I like the idea behind us being forced to kill someone each day, though. I don't like that that wasn't explicitly told.

Profile YIM 

PostPosted: October 6th, 2016, 6:32 pm 
weɪfərskɪt
Chat Moderator
Chat Moderator

Honestly my favorite parts were when all of you died.

PostPosted: October 6th, 2016, 7:06 pm 
Supreme Discord Overlord
RV Discord Administrator
RV Discord Administrator

Jackstick wrote:

My favourite part was when you guys went full retard in the flavor text at the end and died anyways.

WHAT WAS IT ALL FOR.

PostPosted: October 6th, 2016, 7:35 pm 
weɪfərskɪt
Chat Moderator
Chat Moderator

Topsummoner wrote:
Jackstick wrote:

My favourite part was when you guys went full retard in the flavor text at the end and died anyways.

WHAT WAS IT ALL FOR.

It's not about winning, it's about sending a message.

PostPosted: October 6th, 2016, 9:27 pm 
Level 0
Village Elder
Village Elder

Donor: Wizard (2013)
Friend of Hiker
Thoughts:

1) Nice flavor stories, Spiro. Host Spiro was honestly someone I'd want to punch in the face.

2)
Topsummoner wrote:
You could make the case we learn from his lynch, but I think we learn almost as much from an almost-lynch at the tradeoff of not throwing away a body.
I'm floored you even said this, and I'd be flabbergasted if you still believe it. What do we possibly learn by coming close to a lynch but not doing it? It's much more likely for Mafia members to be on a Villager's train than on a Mafia's train, and you gain 0% of that if you don't know the alignment of the person who dies. You also ended up openly suspecting the people that wanted to get the lynch done, which was really weird to me, since it's the whole point of the game and it almost never happens on RuneVillage.

I can respect that you didn't see the same things in Aragorn that I and Pyro and Sighence saw, just means he successfully fooled you and that was his entire purpose. But man, that was the turning point for the entire game. Had he died and flipped Mafia, we all would have been on Jackstick's or Frank's case the next day.

I think my biggest mistake was not going after Aragorn Day 3. Since I was so confused by Top's complete refusal to lynch someone that seemed really scummy to me, I automatically assumed it meant Top had investigated him and was trying to stop us from killing an innocent person. It didn't even occur to me that Top would have had just one night to get that reading. If I were to make a list of the people I would expect Top to investigate, Aragorn falls to 4th in line. I'm kicking myself for not pursuing that further.

3) I do think the Mafia were a little powerful. This is a personal opinion but I really don't like the Godfather role and have never used it myself. Top said "I investigated Jack Night Two but died before I could get results" but he would have flipped Villager on his scans. The Detective literally only had a single person in the entire game he could have gotten a reading on, which made him waaaay less useful. Combine that with the Godfather false positive and Top would have just protected Jack with his dying breath anyway.

4) why did sighence and frank vote for me literally with "wouldn't it be funny if he was telling the truth" and no other evidence in a mislynch-and-probably-lose situation???

Legendary themed months are back! Maybe.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: October 6th, 2016, 9:41 pm 
Supreme Discord Overlord
RV Discord Administrator
RV Discord Administrator

Saten Ruiko wrote:
Topsummoner wrote:
You could make the case we learn from his lynch, but I think we learn almost as much from an almost-lynch at the tradeoff of not throwing away a body.
I'm floored you even said this, and I'd be flabbergasted if you still believe it. What do we possibly learn by coming close to a lynch but not doing it? It's much more likely for Mafia members to be on a Villager's train than on a Mafia's train, and you gain 0% of that if you don't know the alignment of the person who dies. You also ended up openly suspecting the people that wanted to get the lynch done, which was really weird to me, since it's the whole point of the game and it almost never happens on RuneVillage.

I can respect that you didn't see the same things in Aragorn that I and Pyro and Sighence saw, just means he successfully fooled you and that was his entire purpose. But man, that was the turning point for the entire game. Had he died and flipped Mafia, we all would have been on Jackstick's or Frank's case the next day.

I think my biggest mistake was not going after Aragorn Day 3. Since I was so confused by Top's complete refusal to lynch someone that seemed really scummy to me, I automatically assumed it meant Top had investigated him and was trying to stop us from killing an innocent person. It didn't even occur to me that Top would have had just one night to get that reading. If I were to make a list of the people I would expect Top to investigate, Aragorn falls to 4th in line. I'm kicking myself for not pursuing that further.

I've gone into this a bit in the Discord chat, but basically...

1) I didn't see any reason to believe Aragorn was mafia. He plays almost the same way as town and mafia until critical moments. He's more likely to make the right call on a lynch as a town, and more likely to lurk during difficult calls as mafia. He doesn't post a lot period. I still don't understand the train on him.

2) I found it more suspicious that Sparky wordlessly went back on what he had just said in his previous post, and that he openly had resigned himself to bandwagoning, "let me know when the choo choo changes tracks". :\

3) With such a baseless lynch on Aragorn, had he flipped town, which is what I believed he would at the time, I really don't think we learn ANYTHING other than his alignment. I'd be most suspicious of Sparky for his lynch after the fact, which obviously isn't the right direction.

Somebody dies every night to the mafia (or gets protected) anyways so we learn SOMETHING anyways. Mislynching just speeds up our loss if we're not actually learning anything useful from it, and I maintain that had Aragorn been town, we really didn't gain anything of value from lynching him. But the almost lynch puts additional pressure on the person and might get them to talk more, and we get to learn who's really thirsty for blood.

Just a difference of opinion really. I was more concerned with giving myself the maximum amount of time to scumhunt successfully than to make a worthless lynch.

PostPosted: October 6th, 2016, 9:52 pm 
Village Czar
Village Czar

Donor: Prince (2011)
Jaron wrote:
4) why did sighence and frank vote for me literally with "wouldn't it be funny if he was telling the truth" and no other evidence in a mislynch-and-probably-lose situation???

For me, I kind of mentally checked out the moment I saw Kikori get mod killed day one randomly... The town has to be very conservative when it comes to day lynches in low player number games. So when I seen the forced lynching it really just turned me off. I kept to my first few reads and just ran with it. Top's play, in retrospect, makes a bit more sense. I did feel either he was the detective or a mafioso... Though I felt he looked more mafioso. I do regret not following up my mafiality chart with the aragorn lynch. Oh well. c'est la vie.

PostPosted: October 6th, 2016, 9:52 pm 
(soothzayer)
Village Staff
Village Staff

Saten Ruiko wrote:
Thoughts:

1) Nice flavor stories, Spiro. Host Spiro was honestly someone I'd want to punch in the face.

This game took a lot out of me, man. Entwining the Minority Report theme in with the fact that I wanted to write myself in as a rival Godfather (see Mafia role pm's and game-ending post) and elicit real emotional reactions from the players through being a Gonzo'd in jerk of a host.

I thought the town was going to win until Jaron got lynched. YEESH. Top, that no-Aragorn lynch had me killing again, which I really did not want to do, but with Kikori and the story, was already in too deep. Monk, you insane human being you...the Aragorn protection the last night blew my mind. From my standpoint of knowing everyone's roles, Jack and Aragorn's within 2 seconds hammer was super obvious to me. Maybe outsiders had different perspectives? In my eyes you had a 50% chance of winning the game for the town. This was such an intense moment for me, personally. It was a coin toss. And then that coin landed on its rim...and stayed there. So it goes. I had a lot of fun as the host of this.

Kikori...I still love ya' little brother. I admit that what happened to you was a terrible, unexpected thing. I apologize. I was trying to be the bad guy, though. That is my excuse.

There is a new king in town.

PostPosted: October 6th, 2016, 9:54 pm 
(soothzayer)
Village Staff
Village Staff

I will say that I did give Kikori a, like, half day warning. I admit that it wasn't enough time due to him being at work, which I didn't take into account, and that was my bad. In retrospect, it should have been a full days notice.

PostPosted: October 6th, 2016, 10:20 pm 
Burning my Dread.
Village Staff
Village Staff

Spirographed wrote:
I will say that I did give Kikori a, like, half day warning. I admit that it wasn't enough time due to him being at work, which I didn't take into account, and that was my bad. In retrospect, it should have been a full days notice.

You gave me three hours. The PM was sent at 10:56 am my time, which was about five minutes after finishing my first break at work.

PostPosted: October 6th, 2016, 10:23 pm 
(soothzayer)
Village Staff
Village Staff

Kikori wrote:
Spirographed wrote:

You gave me three hours. The PM was sent at 10:56 am my time, which was about five minutes after finishing my first break at work.

and that was my bad. In retrospect, it should have been a full days notice.

PostPosted: October 6th, 2016, 11:06 pm 
Inactive for 0 months
Village Elder
Village Elder

Yeah I was too swayed by Pyro's reasoning, posting style be damned. I didn't see the time. >.<

Profile YIM 

PostPosted: October 7th, 2016, 3:53 am 
weɪfərskɪt
Chat Moderator
Chat Moderator

Full transcript of the discussion between Aragorn and myself:

This is the beginning of your direct message history with @Aragorn Ix.

Aran - 09/27/2016
So who do we murder

September 28, 2016
Aragorn Ix - 09/28/2016
Kikori has been mod killed, good that means no rage quits impending! As for who to kill I'm not sure. Reckon we should go for someone middle of the road, not super high profile
I've got a roleblock ability too
So need to consider who to use that against
Pyro usually causes all sorts of damage to the town when he's innocent so we should leave him alive
My vote would be to roleblock someone like top/pyro and kill monk

Aran - 09/28/2016
Roleblock pyro just cuz I wanna see him rage
And I'd like to keep him alive all game cuz he's fun
Unless he becomes too much of a threat

Aragorn Ix - 09/28/2016
block pyro, kill monk?
how does that sound?

Aran - 09/28/2016
I like that
I'm on break right now so I'll send it in later on the evening

Aragorn Ix - 09/28/2016
You need to choose who does the killing
As I'm roleblocking I think you should do the kill to spread the load in case of reactive roles
I'll send in the roleblock now

Aran - 09/28/2016
Roger that, I'll send mine in after work.

September 29, 2016
Aragorn Ix - 09/29/2016
not a good start...

Aran - 09/29/2016
Fuzzy Bunny
I blame you
Cuz I'm the boss and I can do that

Aragorn Ix - 09/29/2016
hey you agreed!

Aran - 09/29/2016
No excuses
You don't get a raise this year.

Aragorn Ix - 09/29/2016
:o
You decide the kill this time then!

Aran - 09/29/2016
We should go after a power player next

Aragorn Ix - 09/29/2016
Pyro kill day 2 for a laugh?
People will see that coming though lol

Aran - 09/29/2016
Why the Fuzzy Bunny would anyone protect monk
Wait let's think about that
Who would've protected Monk?
It's possible that he is the JOAT
Top, Sparky, Jaron, or Frank could be the doctors

September 30, 2016
Aragorn Ix - 09/30/2016
it's a day 1 protect so it's possibly just a lucky guess

Aran - 09/30/2016
I don't want excuses dammit, I want results.
If this happens again then it's you that dies next, I'll throw you to the Fuzzy Bunny wolves without missing a beat.
It might be risky, but maybe we should go after Monk again.

Aragorn Ix - 09/30/2016
There are wolves now? D:
Possibly, he is confirmed town and the more of those left alive the less likelier we are to survive

Aran - 09/30/2016
He's also confirmed not-doctor though. I'm racking my brain here trying to figure out who and why protected him.
Maybe we should kill Jaron next.

Aragorn Ix - 09/30/2016
Tops always dangerous I'm never happy to see him live passed day 2

Aran - 09/30/2016
This has Jaron written all over it, and I can already tell he's gonna be pretty active this game. I'm kind of banking on is killing the active players and Spiro mod-killing the inactive ones.
on us killing*
Actually yeah Top is a good choice too
I wanna do something with Monk though cuz if he's confirmed not-doctor then, out of everyone else, he's currently the most likely to be the detective.
So maybe we kill Top and roleblock Monk
Jaron isn't gonna be useful until he absolutely needs to be or has reason to be. If we kill Monk and he turns out to not be the detective then we should target Jaron next.

Aragorn Ix - 09/30/2016
That's a hell of a lucky protect by the doctor if he's the detective
But I see your logic

Aran - 09/30/2016
Lucky nonsense has been surprisingly common in these past few games.

Aragorn Ix - 09/30/2016
True
I'm more inclined to believe we should kill top and roleblock someone like jaron
We know monk isn't the doctor so we get 2 shots at stopping the Dr each night. Either by kill or roleblock. We might get the detective by chance too

Aran - 09/30/2016
Okay yeah that's a good point
I might be missing something obvious; why is Spiro letting me pick who carries out the kill?
well nvm I suppose the town side could have a roleblocker too

Aragorn Ix - 09/30/2016
In case there's a tracker role/town roleblocker
Otherwise it isn't clear

Aran - 09/30/2016
I might not be active again until 20 hours from now

Aran - 09/30/2016
right now let's plan on killing Top, and use your judgement on who to roleblock

Aragorn Ix - 09/30/2016
Fair enough timezones are a pain! I'm in the UK so you're only catching me at work
Yeah ok

Aran - 09/30/2016
Really anyone is a fine option at this point and since I can't get a read on Jaron I'm okay with him being blocked too

Aragorn Ix - 09/30/2016
Jaron is a good target for a roleblock
Top and jaron are my #1 targets atm

Aran - 09/30/2016
All right, we'll plan on that for now
I'll carry out the kill again

Aragorn Ix - 09/30/2016
Okay if anything changes I'll give you a shout

Aran - 09/30/2016
You're coming in hot.
You're at 3 votes now I think

Aragorn Ix - 09/30/2016
i haven't even checked
oops

Aran - 09/30/2016
That's ok I'm on break right now, just letting you know
Don't be upset if I don't overtly defend you, honestly I think we should stay distant from each other throughout the game, but I'll try to steer the attention away from you.

Aragorn Ix - 09/30/2016
yeah don't worry if you have to then you can throw me under the bus

Aragorn Ix - 09/30/2016
the votes for me are pretty silly though
i play a similar style if im mafia or town at the start
and ive been lynched as a villager twice now because of it

Aran - 09/30/2016
I can't post for a few more hours but I'll see if I can put some more of the existing pressure on Jaron
I feel like people are gonna impulse lynch him today

Aragorn Ix - 09/30/2016
Yeah well it's a good policy in general to lynch all liars
And he's clearly lying lol

Aran - 09/30/2016
People need to learn to vote "no lynch"
Like seriously it can be advantageous to just skip a day and take the night kill

October 1, 2016
Aragorn Ix - Last Saturday at 7:58 PM
If i die today sorry man, i've just not been able to get into this game so far and been a bit busier irl than usual. It's getting annoying that I keep being called out on exactly the same thing game after game too. I'm not gonna post again this day phase, everything I say seems to be digging myself deepr into a hole haha.

Aran - Last Saturday at 8:20 PM
No worries man I'm kind of unable to give it my all this game too

Aragorn Ix - Last Saturday at 8:21 PM
we'll see how it goes. Hopefully ill survive and we can work from there

Aran - Last Saturday at 8:21 PM
Do you know how many hours are left?

Aragorn Ix - Last Saturday at 8:22 PM
not sure
~12 at most

Aran - Last Saturday at 8:22 PM
If you survive, I want to try something this night
If it's even legal

Aragorn Ix - Last Saturday at 8:22 PM
im listening

Aran - Last Saturday at 8:22 PM
I try to kill you
You roleblock me
Boom, you're confirmed innocent

Aragorn Ix - Last Saturday at 8:23 PM
the kill wont go through though
so no one will see it was blocked

Aran - Last Saturday at 8:23 PM
Oh Fuzzy Bunny

nothing will happen

Aran - Last Saturday at 8:23 PM
That's right

its not like a failed attack
it just never happens
you need a mafia doctor for that
theres 15h left iirc

Aran - Last Saturday at 8:24 PM
oh
Then yeah you're Fuzzy Bunny

Aragorn Ix - Last Saturday at 8:25 PM
i dont get sparkys vote at all
the others there's some logic to

Aran - Last Saturday at 8:25 PM
I read his posts three times over
And I came to the conclusion that one of us, myself or sparky, is having a stroke
I do like that Pyro said it would be unlikely that both you and me are mafia together

Aragorn Ix - Last Saturday at 8:28 PM
yeah i think if anything me dying and flipping mafia will keep you alive longer
could work in your favour for a bit

Aran - Last Saturday at 8:28 PM
Yeah
You're more useful than me though
We lose roleblocks when you die

Aragorn Ix - Last Saturday at 8:29 PM
yeah
useful weapon to lose

Aran - Last Saturday at 8:29 PM
I'm wondering if I should go after Monk tonight
Sorry to speak as if your fate is already sealed

Aragorn Ix - Last Saturday at 8:30 PM
aha no worries
if i survive go after top and ill roleblock jaron
if not go after top/jaron
monk needs to be your next kill though

Aran - Last Saturday at 8:31 PM
I almost don't want to touch him until the doctor is dead

Aragorn Ix - Last Saturday at 8:31 PM
touch who?

Aran - Last Saturday at 8:31 PM
Monk

Aragorn Ix - Last Saturday at 8:32 PM
the dr has no idea if he's a power role

October 3, 2016
Aragorn Ix - Last Monday at 5:35 AM
Not sure how I survived that but hey I'll take it. What's the plan of action then?

Aran - Last Monday at 7:15 AM
We find Vinny.
Fuzzy Bunny' cocksuckin' son of a bitch Fuzzy Bunny my brother's wife.

Aragorn Ix - Last Monday at 7:16 AM
Haha

Aran - Last Monday at 7:16 AM
We find him and turn his head into a puddle of copolla wine
but ummm.. I dunno, kill top roleblock Pyro/Jaron?
Or maybe we should do something insane since insanity seems to be the theme of this game
Like kill AND roleblock Sparky

Aragorn Ix - Last Monday at 7:25 AM
Isn't sparky dead?
Lol

Aran - Last Monday at 7:26 AM
Oh Fuzzy Bunny he is

Aragorn Ix - Last Monday at 7:26 AM
That would be a bold strategy
And insane

Even further pushing the insanity envelope

Aragorn Ix - Last Monday at 7:26 AM
How about we kill spiro
Make our own rules

Really take control of the game
I like it
And I can IP ban him too so people know we're not just Fuzzy Bunny around

Aragorn Ix - Last Monday at 7:27 AM
Can you take control of his account?
He didn't put that in the rules

Aran - Last Monday at 7:28 AM
I can change his password
I can make my own posts and change the poster to anyone I want

Aragorn Ix - Last Monday at 7:28 AM
So monk can't complain
Oh wow

Aran - Last Monday at 7:28 AM
Why have I not been doing this sooner?

Aragorn Ix - Last Monday at 7:28 AM
What an opportunity
We can call it a roleblock
Super roleblock

Aran - Last Monday at 7:30 AM
Nothing in the rules about using Admin privileges to win the game

Aragorn Ix - Last Monday at 7:30 AM
Ultimate loophole
Like trump and his taxes we're just smart

Aran - Last Monday at 7:31 AM
No one uses loopholes better than the mafia

Aragorn Ix - Last Monday at 7:36 AM
But yeah if we're playing normally killing top and roleblocking jaron is my thinking

Aran - Last Monday at 7:36 AM
Holy Fuzzy Bunny sparky was modkilled?

Aragorn Ix - Last Monday at 7:36 AM
I'm not sure
Was it mod killing or an effect?
Weird flavour text

Aran - Last Monday at 7:36 AM
Fuzzy Bunny it man let's just let Spiro modkill everyone for us

Aragorn Ix - Last Monday at 7:37 AM
Hah win by inaction

Aran - Last Monday at 7:38 AM
We need to think about how to steer the attention away from you next morning
And that might influence who we have to kill or block

Aragorn Ix - Last Monday at 7:39 AM
Yeah
Top has been defending me

Aran - Last Monday at 7:39 AM
If they all have the same mindset tomorrow then you'll be lynched really soon
That's good
I'd want to roleblock whoever the detective is
They're probably checking one of us tonight
Most likely you

Aragorn Ix - Last Monday at 7:41 AM
They'll be checking me
Almost certainly

Aran - Last Monday at 7:41 AM
I'm guessing it's Jaron or Monk
Jaron for how he's playing, monk because if statistics

Aragorn Ix - Last Monday at 7:42 AM
I think jaron has a role but he's been so outspoken I can't believe it's the detective
I say we roleblock monk kill jaron

Aran - Last Monday at 7:42 AM
I'm okay with that

Aragorn Ix - Last Monday at 7:42 AM
Top could easily be the detective though because he's been relatively quiet
Reckon he's biding time

Aran - Last Monday at 7:43 AM
I just know Katon's hiding something
We can save top for later
Jaron*
not katon

Aragorn Ix - Last Monday at 7:43 AM
Yeah if he's the detective though we're stuffed

Aran - Last Monday at 7:43 AM
Fuzzy Bunny katon

Aragorn Ix - Last Monday at 7:43 AM
He's the only person preventing my lynch

Aran - Last Monday at 7:44 AM
He's already on your side

Aragorn Ix - Last Monday at 7:44 AM
Not if he investigates me though

Aran - Last Monday at 7:44 AM
If he's defending you then you're probably not very high on his investigation list
or you could be, I dunno

Aragorn Ix - Last Monday at 7:45 AM
Nah I think I will be

Aran - Last Monday at 7:45 AM
So do you wanna do something with him tonight?

Aragorn Ix - Last Monday at 7:45 AM
I'm willing to bet 2 of those 3 are Dr and detective
Just don't quite know which to go for

Aran - Last Monday at 7:46 AM
Monk Jaron top?

Aragorn Ix - Last Monday at 7:46 AM
Yesh
Yeah
Monk can't be dr
Jaron dr top detective is a high possibility

Aragorn Ix - Last Monday at 2:22 PM
so what shall we do
i kind of want to stick to my guns with top, but i know that risks my lynching

Aran - Last Monday at 3:30 PM
To kill?
I'd be okay with that

Aragorn Ix - Last Monday at 3:36 PM
It's risky but I'm willing to go for it

Aran - Last Monday at 3:36 PM
Who do you want to roleblock

Aragorn Ix - Last Monday at 3:37 PM
Not sure
Jaron has a power role im sure of it :)

Aran - Last Monday at 3:37 PM
Yeah

Aragorn Ix - Last Monday at 3:38 PM
Then again monk and pyro could well do too
Jaron is my pick
What's yours?

Aran - Last Monday at 3:38 PM
Go for Jaron
I'll send in the kill for top

Aragorn Ix - Last Monday at 3:38 PM
Okay
Good luck!

Aran - Last Monday at 3:45 PM
You too sir

Aragorn Ix - Last Monday at 3:46 PM
We can always fall back on the get rid of spiro tactic

Aran - Last Monday at 3:46 PM
We could
I want him to feel like he's in control right now
But we'll take any measure necessary if it comes to that

Aragorn Ix - Last Monday at 3:47 PM
Indeed!

Aran - Last Monday at 7:29 PM
Top's wife must be grieving
What a bird she is, I hate to see such a gorgeous broad in tears
I want you to cut off Top's hand and send it to her with a magnifying glass in it
She ought to know what he died for
At least then she'll still have a part of him with her.

October 4, 2016
Aragorn Ix - Last Tuesday at 2:00 AM
Glad my gut instinct worked out on that one

Aran - Last Tuesday at 11:10 AM
I think I'm Fuzzy Bunny
It might be you leading us to the finish line

Aragorn Ix - Last Tuesday at 11:11 AM
Yeah the flip side of top being the detective was you being tartgeted
Didn't think enough about tht

Aran - Last Tuesday at 11:11 AM
They all have to cooperate to muster a lynch now, though
I might just keep staying quiet

Aragorn Ix - Last Tuesday at 11:15 AM
I'm going to try and create an alternate target to lynch

Aragorn Ix - Last Tuesday at 1:38 PM
wait, we can win right now!
jaron is at 2 votes, 2 more from me and you lynches him. then a successful night kill wins the game

Aran - Last Tuesday at 1:39 PM
GO GO GO

Aragorn Ix - Last Tuesday at 1:40 PM
im gonna write a proper post
but yeah

Aran - Last Tuesday at 1:40 PM
NO JUST GO FOR IT
I'm at work so I can't write anything meaningful
I'm voting right jow

Aragorn Ix - Last Tuesday at 1:40 PM
ok just do it
right behind you
done
now we have to hit the night kill
1 in 3 shot
if jaron isnt the dr
if he is happy days!

Aran - Last Tuesday at 9:41 PM
K who kill

Aragorn Ix - Last Tuesday at 11:02 PM
If we screw this up the games over

Aran - Last Tuesday at 11:03 PM
That's a very real possibility

Aragorn Ix - Last Tuesday at 11:03 PM
Monk frank pyro... who to kill
We know monk isn't the dr
So we go for pyro/frank in the hope that we hitter Dr and he doesn't have self protect

Aran - Last Tuesday at 11:05 PM
Pyro said he's nothing special

Aragorn Ix - Last Tuesday at 11:05 PM
Hit the*

Aran - Last Tuesday at 11:05 PM
I'm inclined to believe him

Aragorn Ix - Last Tuesday at 11:05 PM
Then we go for frank and hope for the best?

Aran - Last Tuesday at 11:06 PM
Maybe

Aragorn Ix - Last Tuesday at 11:06 PM
This is almost the monty hall problem

Aran - Last Tuesday at 11:07 PM
Maybe I'm brainfarting here
But aren't we guaranteed a kill if we kill one and roleblock the other?
Between pyro and Frank
Since monk is confirmed not doc

Aragorn Ix - Last Tuesday at 11:08 PM
Oh what an idiot!
I forgot I have a roleblock
Haha
Yeah roleblock frank kill pyro and hope there's no self protect
Or vice versa

Aran - Last Tuesday at 11:09 PM
There definitely isn't
Unless Spiro is insane

Aragorn Ix - Last Tuesday at 11:09 PM
If there's no self protect we've won
I say we go for that

Aran - Last Tuesday at 11:10 PM
I will IP ban him if there's a self protect

Aragorn Ix - Last Tuesday at 11:10 PM
Kill pyro roleblock frank

Aran - Last Tuesday at 11:10 PM
All right
Shall we send it in?

Aragorn Ix - Last Tuesday at 11:11 PM
Screw it might as well!

Aran - Last Tuesday at 11:11 PM
May as well
Blaise pascal

Aragorn Ix - Last Tuesday at 11:15 PM
I'll send in the roleblock

Aran - Last Tuesday at 11:15 PM
Wait
Could the town have a roleblocker?

Aragorn Ix - Last Tuesday at 11:16 PM
They could do
And it could be monk
But we haven't got the info to work that out

Aran - Last Tuesday at 11:17 PM
There's gotta be a reason why I'm able to send you to execute the kill as an option
And I roleclaimed mafia like an idiot

Aragorn Ix - Last Tuesday at 11:17 PM
Well yeah if the roleblocker gets roleblocked there's an infinite loop otherwise
I say we go for me doing the kill and the roleblock then. But if I get blocked we lose both actions
Not that it matters since we'll be done for

Aran - Last Tuesday at 11:18 PM
Ok
I'll send you to kill Pyro then
And you'll also roleblock Frank ?
Talk to me goose

Aragorn Ix - Last Tuesday at 11:23 PM
Yeah
Let's go with that
Fingers crossed
I've sent in the roleblock

Aran - Last Tuesday at 11:35 PM
Coo

October 5, 2016
Aran - Last Wednesday at 12:04 AM
Whatever happens
It's been an honor being a psychopathic killer alongside you

PostPosted: October 7th, 2016, 4:10 am 
It's tough, but I play.
Board & Chat Moderator
Board & Chat Moderator

Saten Ruiko wrote:
I can respect that you didn't see the same things in Aragorn that I and Pyro and Sighence saw

My only reasoning for suspecting Aragorn was that he was suddenly in the Discord chat again, and I've only known him to use it for mafia.

Even after top didn't want to lynch him and flipped detective I still suspected he may be godfather. I just decided it was probably best not to go after him first afterwards because I thought Top had gotten a citizen reading on him and I felt it would be better to go after a different person and then go back to Aragorn when we had more room for error.

PostPosted: October 7th, 2016, 1:34 pm 
Inactive for 0 months
Village Elder
Village Elder

Man, I really should've seen Aragorn. Only posting to vote on the end of a train? Very classic mafia tell and I whiffed it. Especially right with Jack posting right along with him. Oh well. New game?

Profile YIM 

PostPosted: October 7th, 2016, 1:43 pm 
weɪfərskɪt
Chat Moderator
Chat Moderator

No, two more pages of Monk bashing ( :awesome: ), and then a new game.

PostPosted: October 7th, 2016, 2:47 pm 
RV's Swimming
Village Legend
Village Legend

Pyro3000 wrote:
Saten Ruiko wrote:
I can respect that you didn't see the same things in Aragorn that I and Pyro and Sighence saw

My only reasoning for suspecting Aragorn was that he was suddenly in the Discord chat again, and I've only known him to use it for mafia.

Even after top didn't want to lynch him and flipped detective I still suspected he may be godfather. I just decided it was probably best not to go after him first afterwards because I thought Top had gotten a citizen reading on him and I felt it would be better to go after a different person and then go back to Aragorn when we had more room for error.

Using outside information is against the rules...besides whenever my computer is on I'm auto logged in to discord. Anything you're reading into it is pure coincidence.

As for Top, we've played a few times very recently as mafia together now and he's been mafia when I've been town so he's got a good read on my play style. I deliberately play most (95%) of the time the same way regardless of my alignment. I'll be impressed if you can pick things I said or points at which I acted where I was seen as mafia from the generic stuff I said. Obviously the 2 in a row lynch at the end was obvious mafia, but I might as well have posted I was mafia at that point cause we had a decent chance of getting mafia and winning the game. LOL @ protecting me, Monk.

Again, Jaron, what did I do or say that was scummy?

All in all, fun game. I think Top did everything I would have done in his position and more for the town.

[ 110 posts ] 
Go to page: « Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next »  Page: