[ 126 posts ] 
Go to page: « Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next »  Page:

Post subject: Re: Krazy Mafia - Day Two
PostPosted: August 20th, 2016, 6:10 am 
Village Czar
Village Czar

Donor: Prince (2011)
Aragorn wrote:
Wait, so Frank you went from Vampire hunter to nocturnal detective? I suppose I'm to presume the vampire hunter claim was a usual day 1 joke then?

Aragorn don't be confused when someone is clearly a very stupid individual...

Spiro for following me.

PostPosted: August 20th, 2016, 7:23 am 
(soothzayer)
Village Staff
Village Staff

Frank 4.0.1 wrote:
Aragorn wrote:
Wait, so Frank you went from Vampire hunter to nocturnal detective? I suppose I'm to presume the vampire hunter claim was a usual day 1 joke then?

Aragorn don't be confused when someone is clearly a very stupid individual...

Spiro for following me.

Or instead of being intentionally vague and confusing, you could just answer questions straight up.

This isn't admitting that you went to Jackstick's:
"So you followed me. What did you learn? If you're an investigative role we should have some answer."

Instead of saying "Yes, I went to Jackstick's", it's casting suspicion on me. I did have an answer. You went to Jackstick's.This is a game of Uninformed Majority vs Informed Minority. You seem to be part of the Informed Minority, because of your non-straightforward discussion. I'm giving all the information I have, straight up.

PostPosted: August 20th, 2016, 10:35 am 
Village Czar
Village Czar

Spiro wrote:
instead of being intentionally vague and confusing, you could just answer questions straight up. ... Instead of saying "Yes, I went to Jackstick's", it's casting suspicion on me. I did have an answer. You went to Jackstick's.This is a game of Uninformed Majority vs Informed Minority. You seem to be part of the Informed Minority, because of your non-straightforward discussion. I'm giving all the information I have, straight up.

The thing here is that I don't have any more real information then you do. I wasn't able to figure out any information on my investigation of Jackstick because I was caught up in Sparky's trap. This is why I was willing to believe Sparky at face value when he first posted. I hit the same trap.

PostPosted: August 20th, 2016, 10:46 am 
(MC SparkyAMS)
Wizard
Wizard

My traps have a 50 percent success rate, and I only learn the name of the ones that stay caught.

Only two traps were sprung.

I figure Jacks the one who escaped because I was at Jacks house.

If Frank really was there, (and hell, really a vampire, (mafia vampire?)) Maybe he's not trap-able. Or maybe he protected Jack so Jack didn't get caught, but Frank did. (And escaped)

I really have no idea!

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: August 20th, 2016, 1:10 pm 
Supreme Discord Overlord
RV Discord Administrator
RV Discord Administrator

Donor: Guardian (2009)
I would like to point out Frank has admitted he visited Jack last night, yet that contradicts his claim of nocturnal detective who investigates during the day (which be claimed to use on himself too!) :/

Join us at the RV Discord Channel: https://discord.gg/DgtPWPM

PostPosted: August 20th, 2016, 1:39 pm 
(soothzayer)
Village Staff
Village Staff

I'm getting a jester vibe from Frank. But! Jester's don't usually have night actions. I have seen it in a Upick once, but it was a prank sort of night action with no real substance.

PostPosted: August 20th, 2016, 3:09 pm 
Big, dirty shithawks.
Village Staff
Village Staff

Spirographed wrote:
I'm getting a jester vibe from Frank. But! Jester's don't usually have night actions. I have seen it in a Upick once, but it was a prank sort of night action with no real substance.

There is a unique jester role that's used specifically in games like this where there are obviously multiple watcher/tracker roles. The jester is allowed to visit one person per night just for fun. Nothing happens besides them visiting that person.

That said, I really don't follow or understand frank's logic or claim. He investigated himself....at what point? You also went to jacks house last night to investigate him?

I don't buy it, dude.

Also FoS on top for his blatant role fish yesterday.

Jackstick wrote:
bluecoat is the tracker, Market Man6 is the detective, Paidea is the watcher, Super Saiyan Goku is the Doctor, Stone Cold Steve Austin is the Janitor, and I'm the Godfather.

Profile YIM 

PostPosted: August 20th, 2016, 4:42 pm 
Supreme Discord Overlord
RV Discord Administrator
RV Discord Administrator

Landerpurex wrote:
Also FoS on top for his blatant role fish yesterday.

I don't see how it was rolefishing. Is rolefishing not trying to convince power roles to claim? Frank had already claimed and it was being taken at face value by most. I believed by learning more about his "Vampire Hunter" role we could discern what to expect from the alleged "Vampire" role.

Otherwise what's the point of him claiming if he's not actually going to tell us anything? It just makes him look suspicious to withhold that information.

As for the Jester idea, yeah I guess that could be possible. The EpicMafia version of the Jester has a "pointless" night action, and I used that variation myself in my "Street Cleaners" mafia game here a while back. But when Jesters don't end the game on lynch like is typical for RV Mafia, I don't really have any trouble with lynching them, especially if they're sowing confusion.

PostPosted: August 20th, 2016, 5:29 pm 
Village Czar
Village Czar

Top wrote:
I don't see how it was rolefishing.

Oh come on Top that was about as blatant of role-fishing as you can get. You went to great lengths to expose the unlikelihood of my D1 claim comparing it to every other Kikori hosted game or expressed opinion on Mafia. Then the following day you just sort of randomly believe it again? :?:

Post subject: Re: Krazy Mafia - Day One
PostPosted: August 20th, 2016, 8:09 pm 
Supreme Discord Overlord
RV Discord Administrator
RV Discord Administrator

Okay, let me lay this all out in order so it's clear;

Frank 4.0.1 wrote:
OK guys I believe this is at an utmost to declare right now. I was made a Vampire Hunter... Which likely means in addition to the mafia we have bloodsucking Nosferatu's running around our humble homes.

Topsummoner wrote:
Hol' up, since everyone's taking it utterly seriously I have to ask; are you being serious about dis Vampire bidness Frank? I took it entirely as a DayOneJoke™

Frank 4.0.1 wrote:
Cult like third-party roles are serious business yo. Can't let them get the drop on you.

Topsummoner wrote:
Well then in that case, what exactly does your role DO? That might shed some light on what we can in turn expect from the Vampire. Unless it's better that the Vampire doesn't know which I guess is possible.

When I hear Vampire I think of a cult-like recruiting mechanism, however, Kikori has been notably AGAINST these kinds of mechanics in the past, going as far as to ragequit when they are used to change his alignment. So I doubt he'd put such a role in his game, so I'm more inclined to believe something along the lines of a serial killer. But then we've got two killing roles running around in a game with 8 people?

I'm not sure what to think about this really.

Frank 4.0.1 wrote:
Topsummoner wrote:
So Frank, have you anything more to tell us about your role? I reiterate here my questions from yesterday.

Top I am surprised you don't know how my role functions. However, I will play along with the act. The nocturnal detective is a town investigative role where the detective investigates a player during the day. I was not able to use my ability yesterday under Kikori's orders. However, today I elected for a sanity check and I proved to be sane.

I thought it was a joke claim at first, but some people seemed to be taking it seriously so I asked for clarification. And in your clarification, you did not say it was indeed a joke. So I kept pressing for more information because from that point I believed the claim, and continued to believe it until you changed your story.

I was asking for clarification on your claim, not trying to get you to claim. You already did that without anyone pressing you! This is not rolefishing and the fact it's being referred to as such is pretty confusing.

PostPosted: August 20th, 2016, 11:42 pm 
Big, dirty shithawks.
Village Staff
Village Staff

Landerpurex wrote:

That said, I really don't follow or understand frank's logic or claim. He investigated himself....at what point? You also went to jacks house last night to investigate him?

I don't buy it, dude.

Frank, care to address this, bunghole?

It's my understanding that you investigated yourself TODAY (D2) and yet you were still somehow able to go to jack's house to try to investigate him LAST NIGHT (n1)?

Nah. Something's not making any sense. What's clear to me is that we are in a very role heavy game, and in these types of games, unfortunately, it's usually best to get everyone to claim, systematically carry out actions and then root out the liars. Kikori has been VERY GOOD at this in the past as a player, and it would not surprise me in the least if he implemented a mechanic where once everyone was working together within the confines of the game, it would be relatively easy to figure out who the mafia are.

What's more bothersome is Top's rolefish, subsequent backpedaling and blowing the thing out of proportion.

Not 'everyone' believed Frank's claim, the only people who commented on it were Aragorn and Defeat, both of which I wouldn't even categorize as really believing him so much as a "huh, that's interesting" aka thinking what I thought and taking it with a grain of salt. Of course, it's entirely possible that Frank has ulterior motives. Whether those are town-aligned, jester-aligned, mafia-aligned, or third party-aligned remains to be seen.

What's not acceptable is someone on D1 trying to root out someone else's role. And it absolutely was a rolefish, under the GUISE of trying to get him to elaborate on what he was talking about. That's what made it scummy.

As the only thing he's said that makes sense, you systematically tried to tear down the role he fakeclaimed to, I dunno, bully him into claiming his actual role? Giving something away? Or saying 'just kidding, DUH', but we all know that's not his style.

Honestly, I believe we are in a situation where it's very clear that either Topsummoner or Frank are mafia (or third party :roll: ). Frank has a confirmed role. What about you?

Jackstick wrote:
bluecoat is the tracker, Market Man6 is the detective, Paidea is the watcher, Super Saiyan Goku is the Doctor, Stone Cold Steve Austin is the Janitor, and I'm the Godfather.

Profile YIM 

PostPosted: August 21st, 2016, 12:26 am 
Supreme Discord Overlord
RV Discord Administrator
RV Discord Administrator

Landerpurex wrote:
What's not acceptable is someone on D1 trying to root out someone else's role. And it absolutely was a rolefish, under the GUISE of trying to get him to elaborate on what he was talking about. That's what made it scummy.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills here; he had already claimed and I was asking for more details! How is that rolefishing? How is that backpedalling? I don't understand yours and Frank's accusations on me at all. :-|

PostPosted: August 21st, 2016, 12:27 am 
Supreme Discord Overlord
RV Discord Administrator
RV Discord Administrator

I just realized the end of your post was asking me to claim. Now who's rolefishing?

PostPosted: August 21st, 2016, 1:20 am 
Big, dirty shithawks.
Village Staff
Village Staff

Topsummoner wrote:
I just realized the end of your post was asking me to claim. Now who's rolefishing?

Did you really think that I didn't foresee you saying this?

Answer the question. It could prove your innocence.

Jackstick wrote:

Profile YIM 

PostPosted: August 21st, 2016, 1:22 am 
Big, dirty shithawks.
Village Staff
Village Staff

And you've got to be dense if you can't see the case against you. You were trying to get clarification of a FAKE claim on DAY ONE. aka, you were looking for the real thing, or any additional info you could get.

Jackstick wrote:

Profile YIM 

PostPosted: August 21st, 2016, 1:23 am 
Big, dirty shithawks.
Village Staff
Village Staff

Landerpurex wrote:
And you've got to be dense if you can't see the case against you. You were trying to get clarification of a FAKE claim on DAY ONE. aka, you were looking for the real thing, or any additional info you could get.

(Pertaining to his actual role)

Jackstick wrote:

Profile YIM 

PostPosted: August 21st, 2016, 2:51 am 
Supreme Discord Overlord
RV Discord Administrator
RV Discord Administrator

Landerpurex wrote:

It's not that I don't see it, I just don't understand it especially coming from you. I understand that's the point you're trying to make but I've already explained what I was doing to not be the case. So I don't know what else there is to say. My defense on this matter apparently counts as blowing things out of proportion when I was simply responding to your FoS. I get the impression you'd have found it equally suspicious if I just ignored you entirely.

It's a Kikori game. Frank was claiming a role that implied a hostile third-party existed. When I asked him if he was joking, he said he wasn't so I pressed for information. It's a small game, if a hostile third party existed it was best we knew what we could about how to fight it, and I was under impression this is what Frank thought too when he claimed.

I don't think you're mafia but I definitely think you're barking up the wrong tree. I'm not claiming.

I'll be voting for Frank since he still won't divulge his role details and is getting away with contradicting himself. Ball is in his court as far as I'm concerned.

PostPosted: August 21st, 2016, 4:39 am 
Supreme Discord Overlord
RV Discord Administrator
RV Discord Administrator

As I laid awake in bed, I realized how much of an absolute idiot I've been. I was mentally rereading Frank's posts in my head thinking how exactly others weren't seeing what I was seeing when I remembered who exactly I was dealing with.

Alright. I'll concede in hindsight that Frank's Vampire Hunter claim and his 'serious business' comment afterwards were a blatant joke. What I didn't realize until this moment was that his subsequent claim of Nocturnal Detective on Day Two was ALSO a joke, which is something so obvious when I consider it's coming from Frank, I'm quite embarrassed it took me so long to realize.

I'm going to Unvote at this time and retract my insistence that Frank clarify his role, as he... hasn't actually contradicted himself. I'm going to need to rethink this whole situation after sleeping on it. :>_<:

PostPosted: August 21st, 2016, 9:39 am 
(MC SparkyAMS)
Wizard
Wizard

So what I've gathered so far.

Maybe Spiro is bad and lying about Frank.

Maybe Spiro is good and Frank bad.

What I haven't figured out is HOW THE HELL ARGUING ABOUT TOPS ROLE questioning, helps ANYTHING!

Way to completely derail the day Lander...

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: August 21st, 2016, 9:46 am 
(MC SparkyAMS)
Wizard
Wizard

No one died, a role was blocked, only two traps sprung, I caught Spiro!

Spiro is mafia? Kill em.

Frank's a town killing vampire or mafia? Kill em.

Profile WWW 

[ 126 posts ] 
Go to page: « Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next »  Page: