Go to page: « Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Page:

Post subject: Re: Mafia 2016 | Day 5 | Communion Wine | Mafia Wins
PostPosted: July 28th, 2016, 10:39 pm 
Marketeer
Village Elder
Village Elder

Donor: Prince (2013)
I'm pretty sure frank blocked you.
But since you were attempting more than one action, Jack had pyro pick a number. That number would represent which action was blocked.

PostPosted: July 28th, 2016, 10:54 pm 
Supreme Discord Overlord
RV Discord Administrator
RV Discord Administrator

Donor: Guardian (2009)
Market Man6 wrote:
But since you were attempting more than one action, Jack had pyro pick a number. That number would represent which action was blocked.

I guess Jack is so poor he doesn't own any coins.

Join us at the RV Discord Channel: https://discord.gg/DgtPWPM

PostPosted: July 28th, 2016, 11:37 pm 
Level 0
Village Elder
Village Elder

Donor: Wizard (2013)
Friend of Hiker
Landerpurex wrote:
We've been over this before.
Have we? Sorry then; I don't recall.

Landerpurex wrote:
In what world would we NOT lynch someone behaving so erratically, mafia or town? All that comes of him continuing to live is more confusion amongst the town. Half the people didn't believe his claim in the first place. Day 3 would have looked just like day 2, which would have been a Fuzzy Bunny and very little actual information would have been generated and no actual mafia members would have been lynched.

ANY TIME a villager becomes a legitimate danger to the town due to their bad play, they should be lynched.
Oh I totally agree he was behaving erratically, and a day 2 Detective reveal is pretty dumb. I thought he was trying to draw out the real detective.

However, as soon as Zilla actually corroborated his story, everyone shoulda pulled a Maxwell Puckett and went "whoa whoa whoa back the FLIP up we're actually about to possibly lynch our detective maybe!". At that point he's not a danger to the town if other townies can explain that he's just playing really badly and to take what he says with several grains of salt AND tell Pyro to shut the hell up about outing power players early. The Detective is the town's most powerful asset by far. The Mafia would've just killed him Night 2 anyway.

(That being said, he also ragequit, which is pretty unforgivable in my book. Kinda surprised Top's letting him in the next game.)

Landerpurex wrote:
The case of Sparky being new...
Sparky's been playing RV Mafia since 2013, including in almost all of the games on the front page. You're actually in a few of them with him, lol.

Legendary themed months are back! Maybe.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: July 29th, 2016, 12:07 am 
Supreme Discord Overlord
RV Discord Administrator
RV Discord Administrator

Donor: Guardian (2009)
Saten Ruiko wrote:
The Mafia would've just killed him Night 2 anyway.

False. Pyro was causing more harm than good for the village, and we still had a Doctor to fish for, so it's highly unlikely we'd have gone for him Night Two. It probably still would have been a Kikori kill really.

Join us at the RV Discord Channel: https://discord.gg/DgtPWPM

PostPosted: July 29th, 2016, 1:10 am 
Level 0
Village Elder
Village Elder

Donor: Wizard (2013)
Friend of Hiker
Ah yeah, I forgot there was still a doctor at that point, my bad.

Legendary themed months are back! Maybe.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: July 29th, 2016, 9:47 am 
Village Czar
Village Czar

Donor: Prince (2011)
Zilla wrote:
Wait...

So Pyro also blocked my kill? Am I reading that right? How does that even work if he's the detective?

Market Man6 wrote:

Yeah I role blocked you Zilla. I had a "JOATs" equivalent mafia role where I was able to one-shot mute someone, frame someone, and roleblock.

PostPosted: July 29th, 2016, 11:41 am 
It's tough, but I play.
Board & Chat Moderator
Board & Chat Moderator

Donor: Guardian (2010)
Topsummoner wrote:
Saten Ruiko wrote:
The Mafia would've just killed him Night 2 anyway.

False. Pyro was causing more harm than good for the village, and we still had a Doctor to fish for, so it's highly unlikely we'd have gone for him Night Two. It probably still would have been a Kikori kill really.

And then I would have investigated Sighence that night since I figured if there was a framer involved that they would go for top or myself that night.

Leaving my only investigations on Zilla and Sighence since I would be killed night 3.

Honestly, I stick by what I did with my reveal. I only outed the name of the JOAT when it looked like I was about to die. I was expecting the doctor to live longer when I made my reveal because the mafia had a small chance of getting them. But Kikori's line about not being framable made it clear he had a special role.

Had I felt like there was going to be more activity otherwise, I would have held off, but I had a feeling that the game wasn't going to move otherwise so I took a shot in the dark and used myself as a magnet. I was in hopes that by saying the doctor should protect Zilla and that Zilla should protect me that neither of them would do so because of how unconfirmed I was, but that the mafia would think they might and then try to kill someone else such as Sparky again that would have been a priority target (and that he would likely be protected by the doctor). Unfortunately that backfired and people took it as me trying to specifically set the night up for a safe lynch. Obviously I had forgotten that Zilla was a one time action role through the years, but I didn't really want her to use the protect at that time, but then I realized once it was pointed out that it was a one action role that she was about to waste an investigate or a bullet on me.

Obviously when I hit 5 votes things started getting dire, but I was heavily suspicious that I wasn't getting more because only the mafia would want to kill off the detective no matter what circumstance. So I upped my vote count to 6 in hopes that it would drive that point home, and that if I was wrong the remaining mafia would likely jump on me and make it obvious.

But when I was at seven it looked like Zilla would waste he shot on me because she seemed absolutely convinced that I was mafia. So I bit the bullet and hit the 8 hoping she might fire at top instead.

Wasn't expecting a roleblocker, though. Just expected a framer at most.

And honestly on Day 3 I thought it had all worked out and that the village was going to win, but then Top managed to survive and then convince everyone to just ignore what happened day 2 and not center things around my antics. Then suddenly the votes were all divided everywhere.

Probably more than anything the Inactive players on Day 3 that could have helped to aid the Top lynch is what likely really lost the game for the Village.

PostPosted: July 29th, 2016, 10:29 pm 
Posing as mild mannered
Village Elder
Village Elder

Donor: Princess (2009)
Frank 4.0.1 wrote:
Zilla wrote:
Wait...

So Pyro also blocked my kill? Am I reading that right? How does that even work if he's the detective?

Market Man6 wrote:

Yeah I role blocked you Zilla. I had a "JOATs" equivalent mafia role where I was able to one-shot mute someone, frame someone, and roleblock.

Ah ok. That makes sense then.

[ 228 posts ] 
Go to page: « Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Page: