[ 524 posts ] 
Go to page: « Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next »  Page:

Post subject: Re: Upick 5 - Dawn of the Ninth Day
PostPosted: September 5th, 2010, 12:43 pm 
The Bard of Steel
Village Elder
Village Elder

Jaron wrote:
(Also yes earlier I was gleaning a point of view based on someone's ODP. How uncool are those ODPs, eh?)

This Legislacerator would like to see which ODP you are talking about. Let us put all of the evidence on the table shall we?

PostPosted: September 5th, 2010, 12:45 pm 
Level 0
Village Elder
Village Elder

Donor: Wizard (2013)
Friend of Hiker
You CAN'T see which ODP I'm talking about! YOU'RE BLIND, REMEMBER?

...Wait no, you're a normal business man. Nevermind.

Anyway, I was referring to the first sentence of this, where Lander says he was probably kept alive due to being on the wrong track. This would fit perfectly with us all assuming you're a Villager, but since I roleblocked you and was attacked anyway, I find it safe to assume the attack on me came from elsewhere last night.

Legendary themed months are back! Maybe.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: September 5th, 2010, 12:47 pm 
The Bard of Steel
Village Elder
Village Elder

Jaron wrote:
You CAN'T see which ODP I'm talking about! YOU'RE BLIND, REMEMBER?

...Wait no, you're a normal business man. Nevermind.

Anyway, I was referring to the first sentence of this, where Lander says he was probably kept alive due to being on the wrong track. This would fit perfectly with us all assuming you're a Villager, but since I roleblocked you and was attacked anyway, I find it safe to assume the attack on me came from elsewhere last night.

Perhaps I was never a business man. Maybe the cake ruse..... was a distaction!

And this is of course assuming you are telling the truth. Being ripped apart is not Boba's style, you know?

What role did you say you were again?

PostPosted: September 5th, 2010, 12:59 pm 
Level 0
Village Elder
Village Elder

Friend of Hiker
turntechGodhead wrote:
Perhaps I was never a business man. Maybe the cake ruse..... was a distaction!

And this is of course assuming you are telling the truth. Being ripped apart is not Boba's style, you know?

What role did you say you were again?
But that totally clashes with all the clows you leave everywhere you go, including twice at my house! :spite:

I'm telling the truth; I assume part of your role can confirm that or we probably wouldn't be this far along in our discussion. And I don't really know anything about Boba; it's probably been over a decade since I saw Star Wars or anything. Isn't he some bounty hunter guy though? It really looks to me like they killed each other, anyway.

And I've never said what my role was (for fear of Mafia retribution.) What did you say yours was, Mr. Business Man? :spite:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: September 5th, 2010, 1:01 pm 
The Bard of Steel
Village Elder
Village Elder

I've told you before, I'm just a normal business man. A normal business man with a taste for clowns and cakes. :weird:

PostPosted: September 5th, 2010, 1:03 pm 
Level 0
Village Elder
Village Elder

Friend of Hiker
Well then, I'm just your normal member of royalty. A normal member of royalty about five centimeters tall. :weird:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: September 5th, 2010, 1:05 pm 
The Bard of Steel
Village Elder
Village Elder

Ugh. Weird Cryptic Stuff makes my head hurt. My role is a Normal Business Man, also known as JOHN EGBERT'S DAD!

So tell me your role name.

PostPosted: September 5th, 2010, 1:07 pm 
Level 0
Village Elder
Village Elder

Friend of Hiker
Aw, I don't have two role names. :( I'm simply The Prince from Katamari Damacy.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: September 5th, 2010, 1:07 pm 
The Bard of Steel
Village Elder
Village Elder

How does that let you roleblock people? :?:

PostPosted: September 5th, 2010, 1:11 pm 
Level 0
Village Elder
Village Elder

Friend of Hiker
turntechGodhead wrote:
Lol, you tell me. Top's explanation is that I demolish people's houses with my Katamari. But because of this I can only roleblock each individual person once. (And I had done it to Defeat already quite early in the game, so he wasn't an option last night.)

Also, in true Katamari Damacy fashion, I got more powerful as the game went on by rolling up the bodies of those who had died. A short while ago I started gaining protection powers in addition to my roleblocking powers.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: September 5th, 2010, 1:12 pm 
The Bard of Steel
Village Elder
Village Elder

Jaron wrote:
turntechGodhead wrote:
Lol, you tell me. Top's explanation is that I demolish people's houses with my Katamari. But because of this I can only roleblock each individual person once. (And I had done it to Defeat already quite early in the game, so he wasn't an option last night.)

Also, in true Katamari Damacy fashion, I got more powerful as the game went on by rolling up the bodies of those who had died. A short while ago I started gaining protection powers in addition to my roleblocking powers.

What day did you block him?

PostPosted: September 5th, 2010, 1:14 pm 
Level 0
Village Elder
Village Elder

Friend of Hiker
turntechGodhead wrote:
Jaron wrote:
turntechGodhead wrote:

What day did you block him?
I don't see how that changes anything, as Top told me I can't block a Mafia kill unless all members of the Mafia are roleblocked, but it was Night 4.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: September 5th, 2010, 1:18 pm 
(soothzayer)
Village Staff
Village Staff

My post for the day: I am Silent Bob. I can only post once a day and am village aligned. I DO have double voting powers, and was repremanded earlier on for talking more than once a day. I just didn't feel it was time to let everyone know of my power.

J Asassin

Bad feeling. This late in the game I realize hunches aren't the way to go, but it's what I feel is right.

PostPosted: September 5th, 2010, 1:21 pm 
Supreme Discord Overlord
RV Discord Administrator
RV Discord Administrator

Donor: Guardian (2009)
Jaron - Defeat
Defeat - J Assassin
J Assassin

Defeat prepares to singlehandedly lynch J. Suddenly, J draws a cake and AUTO-PASTRYs Defeat in the face.

The three head home, chuckling.

Night Nine begins.

Join us at the RV Discord Channel: https://discord.gg/DgtPWPM

Post subject: Re: Upick 5 - Night Nine
PostPosted: September 5th, 2010, 1:23 pm 
DON'T LOSE YOUR WAY
Village Elder
Village Elder

Donor: Guardian (2012)
GG

My new years resolution is 1680x1050.
Rocky Martin wrote:
TheAnimal is one cool dude.
Hideyoshi wrote:
There's a demo. Play the demo. Form your own opinion.

PostPosted: September 5th, 2010, 2:10 pm 
(soothzayer)
Village Staff
Village Staff

ooops. didn't mean to post.

edit

Post subject: Re: Upick 5 - Night Nine
PostPosted: September 5th, 2010, 9:24 pm 
Supreme Discord Overlord
RV Discord Administrator
RV Discord Administrator

Donor: Guardian (2009)
Jaron arrives at the town square. Lying dead is J Assassin, covered in blood. Nearby on the ground is his fedora, lying clean on the ground. It is quite evident that it was thrown down in disgust before the death of its wearer.

J Assassin - John Egbert's Dad, Killed Night Nine

Jaron, almost dangerously genre savvy, turned around to face Defeat. "What are you waiting for. Do it." Silently and compliatively, Defeat shot Jaron in the head.

GAME OVER! MAFIA WINS!

Roles:

1. The Animal - Duke Nukem (V)
2. Scar - The Incredible Hulk (M)
3. Penguin Guy - Robot Unicorn (V)
4. Paidea - Not-Mafia Tahu (V)
5. Landerpurex - Bruce Lee (V)
6. Dragoncrusher1 - Death (M)
7. Thyker - Kamina (V)
8. Bluecoat - Odin (V)
9. Riptide - The Unbeatable Role That Always Wins (N)
10. Tahu1000 - Boba Fett (N)
11. Monk Basher - Clayton Forrester (V)
12. Jaron - The Prince (V)
13. Steely Mallon - Jerkstick (M)
14. Defeat - Silent Bob (M)
15. Antic Hero - Lurker (V)
16. Muffin Attak - Zeus (N)
17. J Assassin - John's Dad (V)
18. Rocky Martin - Snake Plissken (M)

Role PMS:

Hidden: 
You are Duke Nukem. You are aligned with the Village. Tough as nails made from the same material as your balls, you’ve come to kick ass and chew bubblegum. You’ve only got three sticks of bubblegum though, and what good is kicking ass without the bubblegum? You may kill a player during the night phase, but each time will consume a stick of bubblegum; once you’re out, no more ass-kicking for you. In addition, once, during the day phase, you can MIGHTY BOOT a player in the face, knocking them out cold (muting them) for the remainder of the day phase.

You are the Incredible Hulk… when angered. Right now you’re just a man, Dr. Banner. You are aligned with the Mafia. You are immune to one lynch: should a majority be reached on you, the day phase will end and you will transform into the Hulk, capable of one unstoppable night kill (roleblocks and protections will do nothing). You do not have to use the kill on the night you become the Hulk. The mafia consists of Scar, Dragoncrusher1, Steely Mallon, Defeat and Rocky Martin.

You ar- ALWAYS, I WANT TO BE WITH YOU, AND MAKE BELIEVE WITH- sorry about that. You are the Robot Unicorn. You are aligned with the village. You have the fantastic ability to bring happiness to all who see you run; a mafia targeted by you in the night will no longer feel like doing nasty things (role block for that night). However, it will also content a villager; be sure you don’t stop them from doing something important.

You are Not-Mafia Tahu. You’re aligned with the village-- honest! No-one else seems to think so though. On Day One you are required to make a comment about how you are happy that you didn’t end up mafia this game. You are required to point something obvious out about the game whenever someone accuses you of being mafia, or votes for you, but only once a day. You appear mafia on investigation and death.

You are Bruce Lee. You are aligned with the village. You're capable of performing a nightkill at night, but each time you do, due to your outrageous habit of posing and yelling whenever you kill someone, it's going to be fairly obvious that the kill was your doing. Also you can only perform one kill.

You are one of the riders, Death. You are aligned with the mafia. With your touch of death, you are responsible for the mafia's nightkill. Due to the maximum health-reducing properties of your touch, if your kill fails due to protection, the person you targeted will become immune to protection from then on. The mafia consists of Scar, Dragoncrusher1, Steely Mallon, Defeat and Rocky Martin.

Who the hell do you think you are? ALIT WITH THE FIRE OF MAN, YOU ARE KAMINA. PILOTING THE MIGHTY GURREN LAGANN (SHUT UP I DON'T CARE YOU NEED TWO PEOPLE) you can GIGA DRILL BREAKER a player. Once. Otherwise, you can protect a player during the night phase (this has infinite uses). You are aligned with the village.

You are ODIN, GOD OF WISDOM, WAR, BATTLE AND DEATH. You are aligned with the village. WAR, BATTLE AND DEATH seem a bit counterproductive in a game where the goal is to prevent anyone on your side from dying, so you figure you'll just go with the WISDOM part. You can investigate a player during the night phase one of two ways: you can choose to find their role name, or their alignment.

You are The Unbeatable Role That Always Wins. You are aligned with yourself. Your name is exactly as it implies: you cannot be killed or lynched. In addition, if you are alive when the game ends, you win. Unfortunately, your foolproof plan has hit a snag: Day 6 is opposite day. Should the day REACH Day 6, you will immediately die and lose.

You are the bounty hunter Boba Fett. You are initially aligned with yourself, but should you die in the night phase, you will become aligned with the faction opposite the one that killed you. Every player in this game has a bounty set on them, bounties you'd like to collect if your entire arsenal hadn't vanished. In the night phase you can undertake a bounty hunt on a player. You can only have one bounty hunt going at a time. When a player you are hunting dies, you will collect the bounty, gaining their abilities. When you collect three bounties, you win.

You are mad scientist Clayton Forrester. You are aligned with the village. During the day phase you can show the village a bad movie (by PMing me Show Bad Movie). What is CAUSED by this... well, I can only tell you it DEPENDS. During the night phase, you can combine any two of the following items: magnifying glass, binoculars, knife, gun, mop, blackjack, first-aid kit, night-vision glasses, jail key. Each item can only be used once. You will be told what your 'invention' can be used for.

Mod's Note: Results of bad movie can be: 10% chance of each of the following: Day Phase Ends, All Become Doublevoters, Votes for players are shifted to the next player on the list, Random Player is Muted, Random Player is poisoned, 50% of nothing happening at all.

Magnifying glass: Investigate
Binoculars: Watch
Knife: Kill
Gun: Kill
Mop: Janitor
Blackjack: Roleblock
First-aid Kit: Protect
Night-vision Glasses: Track
Jail Key: Mute

You are the Prince. You are aligned with the village. Charged by your father, The King of All Cosmos, with the task of rebuilding the stars and the Moon, you have been given a katamari ball. During the night phase, you can target a player and destroy their house with your katamari, roleblocking them for the night. You can only roleblock each player once in this matter. During each night phase, you will also automatically pick up the bodies of players that have died. Your katamari gains special properties depending on how many player's bodies it has picked up. 5+: Players will also be protected when targeted by you at night, 10+: You are immune to one nightkill, 15: Your katamari becomes a star: You lose your night abilities and gain doublevoting.

You are Jerkstick. You are aligned with the Mafia. During the night phase, you can ban a player, roleblocking and muting them. Some righteous admin always comes along and unbans them at the end of the next day phase though... what a pain. You cannot ban the same player two nights in a row. Your vote is worth two when voting for Muffin Attak. The mafia consists of Scar, Dragoncrusher1, Steely Mallon, Defeat and Rocky Martin.

You are Silent Bob. You are aligned with the Mafia. When posting in the day phase, you can only vote and use emoticons (you cannot use quoting to bypass this either) with one exception: once a day you are entitled to a post in which you can speak normally. Although you're a man of few words, you're quite intelligent and persuasive, earning yourself a doublevote. The mafia consists of Scar, Dragoncrusher1, Steely Mallon, Defeat and Rocky Martin.

You are a Lurker. You don't care about your alignment. You don't care about your win condition... or your lose condition for that matter. You're not even going to bother with posting you figure. BUT WHAT'S THIS? THE PROD RULE? Looks like you're going to have to post at least once every day, to make yourself look useful, you'll need to post at least 50 words a day. You're aligned with the village, and if they win, after the game you are required to take credit for the win completely. In addition, people aren't very persuaded to lynch your useless noob ass, so the first time you would be lynched, the first voter will be lynched instead.

YOU ARE ZEUS. YOU ARE GOD. WHOEVER TRIES TO KILL YOU SHALL BE LIGHTNING BOLTED TO DEATH. WHO NEEDS ALIGNMENT. YOU ARE ALIGNED WITH YOURSELF. YOU ARE IMMUNE TO ONE NIGHTKILL OR LYNCH. YOU WIN IF YOU SURVIVE TO THE END OF THE GAME.

You are A NORMAL BUSINESS MAN. You are aligned with the VILLAGE. During the NIGHT PHASE you can fill another player's HOUSE with HARLEQUINS. Why? Why not? If someone attempts to LYNCH you, you will unleash CAKE DIPLOMACY on the person providing the HAMMER, preventing your lynch, ending the DAY PHASE, and making them look like quite the fool. However you only have one CAKE.

You are... Snake Plissken? I thought you were dead! REGARDLESS, you are aligned with the Mafia. A legend, you are unkillable during the night or by lynching. You're on a mission to wipe out the village, but the bombs in your throat are set to explode at the dawn of Day 7 if you have not succeeded in your mission by this point. You'd better hurry then. The mafia consists of Scar, Dragoncrusher1, Steely Mallon, Defeat and Rocky Martin.

Night Actions:

Hidden: 
Night One:

TheAnimal kills Steely Mallon
PenguinGuy role blocks Riptide
Landerpurex kills Scar
Dragoncrusher1 kills Antic Hero
Thyker protects Tahu1000
Bluecoat investigates Landerpurex (forgot to specify what type of investigation, flipped a coin to determine alignment)
Tahu1000 hunts Scar
Monk Basher combines the knife and the mop
Tanksandguns role blocks no-one
Steely Mallon bans Paidea
J Assassin harlequins Tahu1000

Steely Mallon dies
Scar dies
Landerpurex is seen killing Scar
Antic Hero dies
Bluecoat finds Landerpurex is villager
Tahu1000 gains Scar’s powers
Monk Basher receives the Clean-Kill (Kills and Janitors at same time)
Paidea is muted
Tahu1000 finds harlequins in his house

Night Two:

TheAnimal kills Monk Basher
PenguinGuy role blocks Monk Basher
Dragoncrusher1 kills Monk Basher
Thyker protects Tahu1000
Bluecoat investigates J Assassin (alignment)
Tahu1000 hunts bluecoat
Monk Basher combines jail key and blackjack
Monk Basher uses Clean Kill on Riptide
Jaron role blocks PenguinGuy
J Assassin harlequins Jaron

Monk Basher dies
Monk Basher receives Jailer’s Club (Jails target and Roleblocks anyone visiting Jailer or Jailed)
Jaron finds harlequins in his house
Bluecoat finds J Assassin is Villager

Night Three

TheAnimal kills Landerpurex
PenguinGuy roleblocks TheAnimal
Dragoncrusher1 kills TheAnimal
Thyker protects TheAnimal
Bluecoat investigates Paidea for alignment
Tahu1000 continues to hunt Bluecoat
Jaron roleblocks TheAnimal
J Assassin harlequins Landerpurex

TheAnimal is affected by the touch of death
Bluecoat learns Paidea is mafia
Landerpurex finds harlequins in his house

Night Four

TheAnimal kills no-one
PenguinGuy roleblocks no-one
Dragoncrusher1 kills TheAnimal
Thyker protects TheAnimal
Bluecoat investigates Thyker for alignment
Tahu1000 continues to hunt Bluecoat
Jaron roleblocks and protects Defeat
J Assassin harlequins Dragoncrusher1

TheAnimal dies
Bluecoat finds Thyker is villager
Dragoncrusher1 finds harlequins in his house

Night 5

PenguinGuy roleblocks no-one
The mafia kills Thyker
Thyker protects Landerpurex
Bluecoat investigates Rocky Martin for alignment
Tahu1000 hunts Jaron
Jaron roleblocks and protects Landerpurex
J Assassin harlequins Jaron

Thyker dies
Bluecoat finds Rocky Martin is mafia
Jaron finds harlequins in his house

Night 6

PenguinGuy roleblocks Rocky Martin
The mafia kills Bluecoat
Bluecoat investigates no-one
Tahu1000 continues to hunt Jaron
Jaron roleblocks and protects Rocky Martin
J Assassin harlequins PenguinGuy

Bluecoat dies
PenguinGuy finds harlequins in his house

Night 7

The mafia kills Landerpurex
Tahu1000 continues to hunt Jaron
Jaron roleblocks and protects Ex Rex
J Assassin harlequins himself.

Landerpurex dies
J Assassin finds harlequins in his house

Night 8

The mafia kills Jaron
Tahu1000 hunts Ex Rex
Tahu1000 kills Ex Rex
Jaron roleblocks and protects J Assassin
J Assassin harlequins Ex Rex

Jaron's immunity is used up
Ex Rex dies
Tahu1000 dies

Night 9

The mafia kills J Assassin
J Assassin harlequins no-one

J Assassin dies

Join us at the RV Discord Channel: https://discord.gg/DgtPWPM

Post subject: Re: Upick 5 - GAME OVER: Mafia wins!
PostPosted: September 5th, 2010, 9:30 pm 
The Bard of Steel
Village Elder
Village Elder

I was ROBBED of a CROWNING MOMENT OF AWESOME.

But in all seriousness, very well played Defeat. Props to you! :D

Post subject: Re: Upick 5 - GAME OVER: Mafia wins!
PostPosted: September 5th, 2010, 9:52 pm 
Sorceror of Saradomin
Sorceror of Saradomin

So many fun things that could've been played with with my role-played character. But everyone decided to say "I think Thyker is acting weird but whatever" instead of ACTUALLY SAYING SOMETHING DIRECTLY AT ME. A simple "Who are you?" would've resulted in my role-claim along with a fun speech. Any continued fighting with me would've resulted in a death of the opposing party... BUT NO.

tl;dr you all suck and had tons of fun missed opportunities :spite:

Last edited by Thyker on September 5th, 2010, 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Upick 5 - Day Eight Blar Blar
PostPosted: September 5th, 2010, 9:53 pm 
I'm Back
Village Legend
Village Legend

Man that was pretty crazy at the end. We ALMOST won.

Landerpurex wrote:
I also wanna apologize to poor pengu. All of the evidence conspired against you, man; and all I have is evidence. Probably the biggest mistake I've made in mafia since trusting Paidea so steadfastly way back in Mafia II.

It's okay man, It was really my fault I guess. I think I've just had enough mafia for now.

[ 524 posts ] 
Go to page: « Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next »  Page: