[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate() [function.getdate]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4523: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3724)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4525: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3724)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4526: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3724)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4527: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3724)
Sara Sword Vs Bandos Godsword • The Village

All times are UTC - 6 hours

[ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: Sara Sword Vs Bandos Godsword
PostPosted: August 5th, 2008, 6:20 pm 
Sorceror of Saradomin
Sorceror of Saradomin

This question is in regards too Str Training.

What modes does the BGS and the SS have?

sara sword on the GE is 8.8m mid price.
BGS on the GE is 29.7m on the GE Mid price.

Now, i dont have the cash for either of them(seeing as how all my money is on a lvl 49 pure that i was gonna play on before Unbalanced trading came into effect).

i would love to get either to train str while im doing my goal of 85 slayer, and the whip has no STR counterpart for speed and efficiency.

If i need to go do GW i will to get the money, but since the economy is so messed up right now i cant find anything that makes halfway decent money other then getting random monster drops... so i may just do slayer for clues like i have been or like i said start GW.

any help here is good. i want to get 99 str about the same time i get 99 attack.

It's amazing how excited you people can get over a stupid video game.

Profile WWW 

Post subject: Re: Sara Sword Vs Bandos Godsword
PostPosted: August 6th, 2008, 3:55 am 
~ S K U L L Y ~
Sorceror of Saradomin
Sorceror of Saradomin

I believe the sara sword is better for str training than the godsword. Godswords are better for boss type monsters and pvp.

I get either a Sara sword or just stick to a dragon scimmi :P

For money, get a skill and stick to it. Fishing, woodcutting, mining, runecrafting, farming... all great ways to make money and so is slayer is you want to train str whilst doing it :P

The Lagoon
The Lagoon

99 Fishing as of - 20th December 2007 - 96 Cb
99 Cooking as of - 28th December 2007 - 96 Cb
99 Strength as of - 17th August 2008 - 105 Cb
99 Herblore as of - 12th June 2010 - 107 Cb (5999th Person)
99 Woodcutting as of -13th March 2011 - 109 Cb
99 Fletching as of - 11th September 2011 - 119 Cb

PostPosted: August 6th, 2008, 1:11 pm 
Priest of Saradomin
Priest of Saradomin

Donor: Guardian (2009)
Saradomin sword is the same speed as a whip and can train strength.

Bandos godsword trains strength too, but is very slow.

I'd suggest Saradomin sword for strength training if you can afford it, if not stick with a dragon scimitar.

(Note both of the swords are two-handed)

"Anyone can achieve their fullest potential. Who we are might be pre-determined, but the path we follow is always of our own choosing.We should never allow our fears, or the expectations of others to set the frontiers of our destiny. Your destiny can't be changed, but it can be challenged. Every man is born as many men and dies as a single man."

PostPosted: August 7th, 2008, 1:17 pm 
Priest of Saradomin
Priest of Saradomin

Skulled covered the sword comparison.

For money and some XP: Slayer+clues, barrows, DKs, GWD. That will make you good money and XP. You could train and make money separately though. I afk trained for 60k XP an hour during weekdays, then on the weekend when people felt like going GWD, I'd go with them.

Use d scim for Strength training, use BGS for any boss monsters.

[ 4 posts ]