All times are UTC - 6 hours

[ 30 posts ] 
Go to page: 1, 2  Next »  Page:

Post subject: Another Slice of H.A.M quest guide, finished, I guess...
PostPosted: April 24th, 2007, 7:27 am 
Village Legend
Village Legend

By: ZinyX

Special thanks to: Quark71, Blackmage172 and Andreka0.

Minimum requirements:

Quests:

Death to the Dorgeshuun
The Digsite
The Giant Dwarf

Levels:

Level 15 Attack
Level 25 Prayer

Others:

Ability to defeat a level 60 enemy and defeat two level 30 foes using only Ranged or Magic.

Items:

A light source. A tinderbox is recommend too, unless you got a bullseye lantern.
Decent healing food.
Arrows or runes if you don't think you can kill two level 30's with 50 bronze bolts.

Start point: Speak to Ambassador Alvijar, located in Ur-tag's house in Dorgesh-Kaan at the northeastern corner of the second floor.

[hr]

1. Talk to Ambassador Alvijar and you will see the Ambassador and Ur-tag arguing about the underground train link being built between Dorgesh-Kaan and Keldagrim. Agree to help Ur-tag with the archaelogical dig.

2. Exit the house and head west until you reach the end. Then go south until you see a doorway to the west and enter it.

3. You will find yourself in a large tunnel. Walk south, and after a while you will see Zanik and Tegdak the archaeologist. Speak to Tegdak. He will ask you to extract some artefacts and give you a Trowel and a Specimen brush.

4. Look closely on the ground and you will find artefacts buried in the ground. Use your trowel with them to dig them up. There should be 6 artefacts in total.

ImageImage

5. Use the artefacts on the Specimen table to clean the artefacts with your brush.

6. Talk to Tegdak once again and give him your artifacts and he will examine them.

7. Tegdak gives Zanik the interesting ancient goblin mace. Zanik will follow you and you need to lead Zanik to the scribe who is in the council chamber in north Dorgesh-Kaan. If you log out with Zanik following you, you will end up in Lumbridge next time you log in, which means that you will have to go down to Dorgesh-Kaan once again.

8. Head back to city's northern part and enter the council chamber.

9. The Goblin scribe doesn't know much about the mace but the goblin generals in the Goblin village might know something about it.

10. Climb down the stairs south of the chamber and go west to Oldak's laboratory.

11. Talk to Oldak to get teleported to get teleported to the Goblin village. Oldak will also give you a Sphere which takes you back to Dorgesh-Kaan again.

12. Enter the large house to the north and speak to General Wartface or General Bentnoze to start a cutscene. General Bentnoze will identify the mace as "The holy mace of Big High War God". During the cutscene a goblin gets attacked and dies and the goblins run into their buildings.

You will spot one H.A.M mage and an H.A.M archer at the top of a tower.

13. After the cutscene run west of the houses so the ranger and the mage can't see you. Run south from there and climb up the ladder that leads to the tower.

14. You will appear at the top of the tower with the archer and the mage. They won't attack you before you attack them. If you have forgotten arrows or runes you can pick up a bronze crossbow and 50 bronze bolts lying on the ground. The archer's attacks are very slow but accurate. The mage's attacks are slow too but also accurate.

15. Just as you killed the last enemy Sigmund appears and starts attacking Zanik.

Sigmund walks away with Zanik holding a sword to Zanik's throat.

16. The generals have sent two goblin sergeants that will help you rescue Zanik. You will also get the Ancient mace from one of the generals. Teleport to Lumbridge or use a charged Amulet of glory to teleport to Draynor village. Withdraw some food, the ancient mace, armour, a light source and a tinderbox at the bank, then go to the Lumbridge swamp.

17. Speak to one of the sergeants near the dark hole leading down to the swamp dungeon, then enter the hole.

18. There's a ladder near the rope you climbed down from. Go down the ladder.

19. You will see a short cutscene with a guard, he then runs of to call more guards. After the cutscene quicky run south and click on one of the crates to hide behind them.

21. The guards will come back and the goblin sergeants will attack them.

22. While the guards are busy, continue running east, then south. At the end of the tunnel there will be another guard. When he sees you, run back and hide behind the crates and the goblins will take care of him too.

23. Run back to where the last guard was and you will find another ladder, climb down this too.

A cutscene appears. Sigmund has tied Zanik to the train track and the ground is shaking.

24. After the cutscene Sigmund will attack you, he uses protect from meele so you will have to use the ancient mace's special attack to kill him. Sigmund has 70 hitpoints.

25. After you killed him run over to Zanik and untie her.

A cutscene will appear and... Congratulations! Quest complete!

[spoil]Image

The ancient mace

One of the rewards in this quest is the ancient goblin mace. Here are the stats of it:

Its special attack is also useful after the quest. The attack uses up the whole special attack bar and it will boost your prayer points by the amount of damage you hit. If your prayer level is 50, and you hit a 10 with the special attack, your prayer points will increase to 60/50 and these prayer points won't get drained automaticly.

[/spoil]

Last edited by ZinyX on April 28th, 2007, 12:37 pm, edited 37 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 24th, 2007, 7:37 am 
I AM BOA
Champion of Saradomin
Champion of Saradomin

I can't seem to find where to go in the Lumbridge swamp caves. Gotten there yet?
Edit: Lol, I completely overlooked a ladder immediately at the entrance to the swamp caves. My bad. XD

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 24th, 2007, 8:19 am 
Tweaking all the time
Staff Elder
Staff Elder

Donor: Knight (2012)
Friend of Hiker
Yep, in the Swamp Caves, immediatly to the north take that ladder going down.

To get past the last guard I had to go back to the generals so they would start attacking him and the guard would leave me alone :)

Short, but nice quest! :D

To give an outline of what you'll need to do next:

- Use them on a specimen table to clean the artifacts
- Go to the Scribe, located just West of where Ambassador Alvijar and Ur-tag are located.
- Go to Olric(?) who is located on the ground level in the northwestern corner who will teleport you to the Goblin Village.
- Speak with one of the generals to start a cinematic.
- Go around the houses, staying close to the walls, up the ladder and shoot/mage both level 30 H.A.M. Archers.
- Go to the Lumbridge Caves Entrance, I'm not sure whether you have to talk to the sergeants.
- Go down the ladder just next to the rope.
- Walk on, once the guards come to attack, either hide behind the crates or just walk back and let the sergeants distract those guards.
- Walk on, let the guard near the ladder see you and then run back past the sergeants, they'll distract him as well so you can pass.
- Equip the Ancient Mace and go down the ladder.
- Sigmund (level 64) will attack you and will keep switching his prayer to your attack style. After a hit or two of the mace, he'll notice he lost his prayer points and he's an easy kill afterwards.
- Untie Zanik and there you go: quest completed :)

- Greetz Glodenox :cheese:

Last edited by Glodenox on April 24th, 2007, 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
 Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 24th, 2007, 8:28 am 
Village Pictographer
Village Legend
Village Legend

Looking good so far. :) It will help me a lot when I do it later. :D

PS: Too bad you can't make the guide in New Updates-forum, since only special people can post there. :/ I mean, who looks for guides in this forum...

Last edited by Willowguy on April 24th, 2007, 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 24th, 2007, 8:29 am 
Champion of Saradomin
Champion of Saradomin

Wow, people do quests?

XD gl with finishing it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 24th, 2007, 8:32 am 
Tweaking all the time
Staff Elder
Staff Elder

Friend of Hiker
Only special people can make posts there, but that's for a certain reason we're not going to tell you yet.

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 24th, 2007, 8:36 am 
Village Legend
Village Legend

Thanks Glodenox. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 24th, 2007, 9:00 am 
Priest of Saradomin
Priest of Saradomin

Willowguy wrote:
Looking good so far. :) It will help me a lot when I do it later. :D

PS: Too bad you can't make the guide in New Updates-forum, since only special people can post there. :/ I mean, who looks for guides in this forum...

i was gonna say here is a bit random, ah well, i'll get used to it

*Quest cape as of 15/12/06*
*Sold Purple as of 13/04/07 :(, Bought Green as of 1/03/10 :)*

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 24th, 2007, 9:02 am 
Prince
Prince

Location: Maybe world 60 maybe not maybe being mean or maybe not. Find me at your own peril
just a corretion for where you have the start point. the start point of the quest is north east not north west

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 24th, 2007, 9:16 am 
Village Legend
Village Legend

Quark71 wrote:
just a corretion for where you have the start point. the start point of the quest is north east not north west

Thanks. :D
Changed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 24th, 2007, 9:37 am 
Prince
Prince

Location: Maybe world 60 maybe not maybe being mean or maybe not. Find me at your own peril
Your welcome. When you fight the level 64 at the end of the quest you must use 2 special attacks on him with the mace. Since 1 specail attack is the whole bar its best to attack him once and hide on 1 side of the ladder (if your a lower leve) until your specail bar recharges.

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 24th, 2007, 11:21 am 
Tweaking all the time
Staff Elder
Staff Elder

Friend of Hiker
I didn't even have to use the special attack :shock:

Combat level must make quite a bit of a difference then :o (combat level 108)

EDIT: wait... Your combat level is 126 o_O You needed 2 special attacks? Odd...

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 24th, 2007, 12:03 pm 
Half man, half machine
Sorceror of Saradomin
Sorceror of Saradomin

Whats the reward?

"What? Men dodging this way for single bullets? What will you do when they open fire along the whole line? I am ashamed of you. They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist..."- The last words of General John Sedgewick, killed by a sniper in the American civil war

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 24th, 2007, 12:03 pm 
Village Legend
Village Legend

I used one special attack from the beginning, and that was enough for me.

Monktonians wrote:
Whats the reward?

:-s

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 24th, 2007, 12:13 pm 
Tweaking all the time
Staff Elder
Staff Elder

Friend of Hiker
Monktonians:
[spoil]Image[/spoil]

EDIT: I just noticed it's in the guide as well... I quickly put it between spoiler tags, because some people don't want to know the rewards in advance :)

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 24th, 2007, 12:28 pm 
Village Legend
Village Legend

Willowguy wrote:

I have a thread in that forum, it's about the behind the scenes, april, which I made before in the "New updates" forums when it still existed. Then the thread got moved to the new updates forum... This means that I can edit that thread and put the guide in, 8-[

Glodenox: Thanks once again. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 24th, 2007, 12:42 pm 
Prince
Prince

Glodenox wrote:
I didn't even have to use the special attack :shock:

Combat level must make quite a bit of a difference then :o (combat level 108)

EDIT: wait... Your combat level is 126 o_O You needed 2 special attacks? Odd...

Yeah i had to do the specail on him twice. I started to attack him hit the specail bar he still had prayer on (my prayer got boosted to 110). And had to wait while he wacked away on me (then got tired of swinging zeros and went behind ladder) until specail bar restored. My level 124 friend was doing quest as well and he also had to do 2 special attacks on him

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 24th, 2007, 12:47 pm 
Wizard
Wizard

Donor: Guardian (2003)
Quark71 wrote:
When you fight the level 64 at the end of the quest you must use 2 special attacks on him with the mace.

I don't understand why you had to do this. One special attack drained his prayer, and I then meleed him normally.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 24th, 2007, 2:27 pm 
Prince
Prince

Cambrian wrote:
Quark71 wrote:
When you fight the level 64 at the end of the quest you must use 2 special attacks on him with the mace.

I don't understand why you had to do this. One special attack drained his prayer, and I then meleed him normally.

either do I it may be based upon combat level or prayer level (just a guess since only 1 other friend had to use the special twice) or it may be a bug. Altho i have heard people say they didnt have to use the special at all to kill him. So who can say except for jagex

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 24th, 2007, 2:33 pm 
Tweaking all the time
Staff Elder
Staff Elder

Friend of Hiker
Can someone please keep track of Sigmund's hitpoints? :D I forgot to pay attention to those :(

Profile WWW 

[ 30 posts ] 
Go to page: 1, 2  Next »  Page: