All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic   Page 1 of 1
 [ 6 posts ] 
Author Message

 Post subject: How on earth did I end up here
PostPosted: June 19th, 2017, 6:01 pm 
Village Legend
Village Legend
User avatar

Joined: July 26th, 2003, 9:38 am
Posts: 3,941
Location: Sunny England
Status: Offline
You know when you can't sleep because it's too hot, so you're just flicking through websites on your smartphone- well I'm having one of those nights.. I know what you're thinking, you can relate that scenario to other browsing activities.. I'm allowed to make that reference right? We're surely all adults now..?;I haven't been here in a while, I don't even know if smart phones were a thing last time I was here.

I grew up on these forums, glad to see they're still somewhat in use, I'm gonna lurk round for a bit and check out some fossilised threads undoubtedly catch some nostalgic feels. I promise not to resurrect any 10 year old topics, like did Andrew actually pop in for a visit on catherby island.

I'll stay a while and see myself out, who knows maybe I'll check neopets or something from here;- hello old and new people, hope everyone is doing better than average.

__________________
Image


Top
 Profile WWW 
 

 Post subject: Re: How on earth did I end up here
PostPosted: June 19th, 2017, 9:41 pm 
weɪfərskɪt
Chat Moderator
Chat Moderator
User avatar

Joined: November 15th, 2003, 11:22 am
Posts: 20,506
Location: Pinwheel Galaxy
Gender: Male
Status: Offline
If you really want to interact with the community, you should check out Topsummoner's Discord channel.

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=439825

A lot of us are still active in there. Dare I say, on a daily basis! Almost. Like 22/30 days per month.


Anyway here are some things to help you catch up:


A5chow is a girl
A5chow and Applequest got married
A5chow and Applequest had a baby
Zilla and Mustangnut had a baby first though, so their's can probably beat up Applechow's baby
We were awarded with Jagex's official fansite support
Hiker's past criminal record was revealed
We were revoked of Jagex's official fansite support
We tried to become a general gaming fansite
We failed to become a general gaming fansite
Our main site and chatroom were removed because downsizing
Ex Rex began hosting a Skype chatroom
Pyro organized a mutiny from Ex Rex's Skype chat, over to his own
Hiker passed away, due to unknown circumstances
Topsummoner later suggested we move to a Discord channel
Topsummoner never shut up about Discord
We let Topsummoner create a Discord channel hoping it would finally shut him up
What do you know, it turned out to be the greatest and most successful idea in RV's post-Jagex history

The rest is Discord history, which you can read in our Discord channel.


Also you should join our Discord channel.

__________________
Image


Top
 Profile
 

 Post subject: Re: How on earth did I end up here
PostPosted: June 20th, 2017, 7:18 am 
AppleSauce
Village Legend
Village Legend
User avatar

Joined: October 13th, 2003, 6:47 pm
Posts: 12,257
Location: Questing for apples... Duh!
Gender: Male
Status: Offline

Donor: Prince (2006)
Jackstick wrote:
If you really want to interact with the community, you should check out Topsummoner's Discord channel.

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=439825

A lot of us are still active in there. Dare I say, on a daily basis! Almost. Like 22/30 days per month.


Anyway here are some things to help you catch up:


A5chow is a girl
A5chow and Applequest got married
A5chow and Applequest had a baby
Zilla and Mustangnut had a baby first though, so their's can probably beat up Applechow's baby
We were awarded with Jagex's official fansite support
Hiker's past criminal record was revealed
We were revoked of Jagex's official fansite support
We tried to become a general gaming fansite
We failed to become a general gaming fansite
Our main site and chatroom were removed because downsizing
Ex Rex began hosting a Skype chatroom
Pyro organized a mutiny from Ex Rex's Skype chat, over to his own
Hiker passed away, due to unknown circumstances
Topsummoner later suggested we move to a Discord channel
Topsummoner never shut up about Discord
We let Topsummoner create a Discord channel hoping it would finally shut him up
What do you know, it turned out to be the greatest and most successful idea in RV's post-Jagex history

The rest is Discord history, which you can read in our Discord channel.


Also you should join our Discord channel.


Anyone else feel that Jaron owes us a hilarious "history of RV" animation a la https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuCn8ux2gbs?

__________________
Image


Top
 Profile
 

 Post subject: Re: How on earth did I end up here
PostPosted: July 13th, 2017, 12:41 pm 
I post here sometimes
Champion of Saradomin
Champion of Saradomin
User avatar

Joined: September 20th, 2006, 10:25 am
Posts: 5,090
Location: The pub
Gender: Male
Status: Offline

Donor: Prince (2009)
Applequest wrote:

Anyone else feel that Jaron owes us a hilarious "history of RV" animation a la https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuCn8ux2gbs?

Owed? I think it's expected xD

__________________
There is a village, which is hidden in the shadow of a mountain.
Everybody is suffering from a lack of light.
One day, the eldest of this village leaves for the mountain with a teaspoon in his hands.
The others ask him what he intends to do.
He replies that he is going to move the mountain.
"But you will never succeed!" they cry out.
"No, i will never succeed, but somebody has to start."

~~~The Wising Up Song - Misty's Big Adventure

Hidden: 
Kikori wrote:
Runevillage the forum is pretty well much done. Runevillage the group will eventually die, but as long as we're still friends with each other in the end, it's still a pretty big thought in our heads. Runevillage the family is forever, no matter where we settle down. If absolutely nothing else ever comes of Runevillage in the future, that alone is a pretty damn awesome thought.


Top
 Profile
 

 Post subject: Re: How on earth did I end up here
PostPosted: July 13th, 2017, 8:47 pm 
Level 0
Village Elder
Village Elder
User avatar

Joined: May 13th, 2004, 6:41 pm
Posts: 18,859
Location: The Tower of Mist
Status: Offline

Donor: Wizard (2013)
Friend of Hiker
The123king wrote:
Applequest wrote:

Anyone else feel that Jaron owes us a hilarious "history of RV" animation a la https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuCn8ux2gbs?

Owed? I think it's expected xD

Jackstick wrote:
Topsummoner later suggested we move to a Discord channel
Topsummoner never shut up about Discord
We let Topsummoner create a Discord channel hoping it would finally shut him up

Image

__________________
Image

.
Image

.
Legendary themed months are back! Maybe.
Image
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Top
 Profile WWW 
 

 Post subject: Re: How on earth did I end up here
PostPosted: July 20th, 2017, 7:10 pm 
Posing as mild mannered
Village Elder
Village Elder
User avatar

Joined: July 3rd, 2003, 10:23 pm
Posts: 5,217
Location: Where the blacktop ends
Gender: Female
Status: Offline

Donor: Princess (2009)
Jackstick wrote:
If you really want to interact with the community, you should check out Topsummoner's Discord channel.

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=439825

A lot of us are still active in there. Dare I say, on a daily basis! Almost. Like 22/30 days per month.


Anyway here are some things to help you catch up:


A5chow is a girl
A5chow and Applequest got married
A5chow and Applequest had a baby
Zilla and Mustangnut had a baby first though, so their's can probably beat up Applechow's baby
We were awarded with Jagex's official fansite support
Hiker's past criminal record was revealed
We were revoked of Jagex's official fansite support
We tried to become a general gaming fansite
We failed to become a general gaming fansite
Our main site and chatroom were removed because downsizing
Ex Rex began hosting a Skype chatroom
Pyro organized a mutiny from Ex Rex's Skype chat, over to his own
Hiker passed away, due to unknown circumstances
Topsummoner later suggested we move to a Discord channel
Topsummoner never shut up about Discord
We let Topsummoner create a Discord channel hoping it would finally shut him up
What do you know, it turned out to be the greatest and most successful idea in RV's post-Jagex history

The rest is Discord history, which you can read in our Discord channel.


Also you should join our Discord channel.

Nice summary, Jack.

Hi Neo. :)

__________________
We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing.


Top
 Profile
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 1 of 1
 [ 6 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  

cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
The Village and this web site are © 2002-2012

ThePub 2.0 - Designed by Goten & Jackstick. Coded by Glodenox & Henner.
With many thanks to the Website Team!