All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic   Page 1 of 6
 [ 116 posts ] 
Go to page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next »  Page:
Author Message

 Post subject: Super duper official mafia game hosting list to the max
PostPosted: April 17th, 2013, 9:49 pm 
Big, dirty shithawks.
Village Staff
Village Staff
User avatar

Joined: July 19th, 2004, 10:21 pm
Posts: 6,079
Location: Being white in Baltimore
Gender: Male
Status: Offline
Topic title.

If you guys want to continue to play and/or you have interest in hosting, the next spot/s are up for grabs.

Lander
Paidea
Top
Rory
Jack
???
???

Etc

__________________
Image
Awesome Squall sprite courtesy of Goten! Check here if you'd like a runescape or game-themed sprite!
Hidden: 
Jackstick wrote:
bluecoat is the tracker, Market Man6 is the detective, Paidea is the watcher, Super Saiyan Goku is the Doctor, Stone Cold Steve Austin is the Janitor, and I'm the Godfather.


Last edited by Landerpurex on September 8th, 2017, 1:26 am, edited 21 times in total.
Top
 Profile YIM 
 

 Post subject: Re: Super duper official mafia game hosting list to the max
PostPosted: April 17th, 2013, 9:51 pm 
RV's Swimming
Village Legend
Village Legend

Joined: January 11th, 2005, 2:30 pm
Posts: 3,839
Location: Southend on Sea, UK
Gender: Male
Status: Offline

Donor: Guardian (2010)
Market, DH, me, Sayaka (no particular order).

I can't host for a while so everyone else can go first.

__________________
|Items and Monster Database Staff|Villager Writer|Guide Writer|Image
|Legend|
Gamestar is my twin :D



Top
 Profile
 

 Post subject: Re: Super duper official mafia game hosting list to the max
PostPosted: April 17th, 2013, 9:55 pm 
weɪfərskɪt
Chat Moderator
Chat Moderator
User avatar

Joined: November 15th, 2003, 11:22 am
Posts: 20,515
Location: Pinwheel Galaxy
Gender: Male
Status: Offline
Fuzzy Bunny, that's a long list.

Put me down after Aragorn.

__________________
Image


Top
 Profile
 

 Post subject: Re: Super duper official mafia game hosting list to the max
PostPosted: April 17th, 2013, 10:04 pm 
RV's Swimming
Village Legend
Village Legend

Joined: January 11th, 2005, 2:30 pm
Posts: 3,839
Location: Southend on Sea, UK
Gender: Male
Status: Offline

Donor: Guardian (2010)
Jackstick wrote:
Fuzzy Bunny, that's a long list.

Put me down after Aragorn.


If we get the next ten hosts in a list, can we do some sort of mafia awards afterwards?

__________________
|Items and Monster Database Staff|Villager Writer|Guide Writer|Image
|Legend|
Gamestar is my twin :D



Top
 Profile
 

 Post subject: Re: Super duper official mafia game hosting list to the max
PostPosted: April 17th, 2013, 10:17 pm 
Big, dirty shithawks.
Village Staff
Village Staff
User avatar

Joined: July 19th, 2004, 10:21 pm
Posts: 6,079
Location: Being white in Baltimore
Gender: Male
Status: Offline
I meant to say that I'm down for mafia accomplishments/rewards

Should there be a vote, or should the host decide?

I also think it'd be cool to keep a running tally of how many times everyone has won, lost, been lynched, saved, investigated, tracked, etc etc

__________________
Image
Awesome Squall sprite courtesy of Goten! Check here if you'd like a runescape or game-themed sprite!
Hidden: 
Jackstick wrote:
bluecoat is the tracker, Market Man6 is the detective, Paidea is the watcher, Super Saiyan Goku is the Doctor, Stone Cold Steve Austin is the Janitor, and I'm the Godfather.


Top
 Profile YIM 
 

 Post subject: Re: Super duper official mafia game hosting list to the max
PostPosted: April 17th, 2013, 10:22 pm 
RV's Swimming
Village Legend
Village Legend

Joined: January 11th, 2005, 2:30 pm
Posts: 3,839
Location: Southend on Sea, UK
Gender: Male
Status: Offline

Donor: Guardian (2010)
Landerpurex wrote:
I meant to say that I'm down for mafia accomplishments/rewards

Should there be a vote, or should the host decide?

I also think it'd be cool to keep a running tally of how many times everyone has won, lost, been lynched, saved, investigated, tracked, etc etc


Combination of players and the host makes most sense, maybe with the host casting the overriding vote in the event of a tie, or have his vote count for more?

I hadn't thought of stats like that but that sounds good.

I'd be happy to help manage those stats, I'd use spreadsheets, but I'm not convinced that's particularly efficient.

__________________
|Items and Monster Database Staff|Villager Writer|Guide Writer|Image
|Legend|
Gamestar is my twin :D



Top
 Profile
 

 Post subject: Re: Super duper official mafia game hosting list to the max
PostPosted: April 17th, 2013, 11:04 pm 
Level 0
Village Elder
Village Elder
User avatar

Joined: May 13th, 2004, 6:41 pm
Posts: 18,910
Location: The Tower of Mist
Status: Offline

Donor: Wizard (2013)
Friend of Hiker
Someone please sticky this. Also put (Variant) next to my name because that's what I've planned. Thanks!

__________________
Image

.
Image

.
Legendary themed months are back! Maybe.
Image
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Top
 Profile WWW 
 

 Post subject: Re: Super duper official mafia game hosting list to the max
PostPosted: April 17th, 2013, 11:41 pm 
Marketeer
Village Elder
Village Elder
User avatar

Joined: February 26th, 2011, 5:34 pm
Posts: 5,217
Location: RSN: Market_Man6, ThaneCore, AresDawn
Status: Offline

Donor: Prince (2013)
im confirming my name on that list. im pretty excited for it.
also, stats would be flippin sweeeeeet!

__________________
Image


Top
 Profile
 

 Post subject: Re: Super duper official mafia game hosting list to the max
PostPosted: April 17th, 2013, 11:45 pm 
RV's Swimming
Village Legend
Village Legend

Joined: January 11th, 2005, 2:30 pm
Posts: 3,839
Location: Southend on Sea, UK
Gender: Male
Status: Offline

Donor: Guardian (2010)
What do you guys think about starting a Google Docs spreadsheet to track stats?

__________________
|Items and Monster Database Staff|Villager Writer|Guide Writer|Image
|Legend|
Gamestar is my twin :D



Top
 Profile
 

 Post subject: Re: Super duper official mafia game hosting list to the max
PostPosted: April 18th, 2013, 1:44 am 
Big, dirty shithawks.
Village Staff
Village Staff
User avatar

Joined: July 19th, 2004, 10:21 pm
Posts: 6,079
Location: Being white in Baltimore
Gender: Male
Status: Offline
Whatever's easiest to read for someone who may not be all that excel/spreadsheet savvy.

__________________
Image
Awesome Squall sprite courtesy of Goten! Check here if you'd like a runescape or game-themed sprite!
Hidden: 
Jackstick wrote:
bluecoat is the tracker, Market Man6 is the detective, Paidea is the watcher, Super Saiyan Goku is the Doctor, Stone Cold Steve Austin is the Janitor, and I'm the Godfather.


Top
 Profile YIM 
 

 Post subject: Re: Super duper official mafia game hosting list to the max
PostPosted: April 18th, 2013, 1:49 am 
Hello Ladies.
Village Staff
Village Staff
User avatar

Joined: October 14th, 2009, 3:38 pm
Posts: 3,025
Gender: Male
Status: Offline
Put me down somewhere-ish.

__________________
Image Image Image Image
Image

There are 10 types of people in the world, the ones that understand binary, and the ones that don't.

Thanks Lou for the help with the avatar.


Top
 Profile
 

 Post subject: Re: Super duper official mafia game hosting list to the max
PostPosted: April 18th, 2013, 2:05 am 
RV's Swimming
Village Legend
Village Legend

Joined: January 11th, 2005, 2:30 pm
Posts: 3,839
Location: Southend on Sea, UK
Gender: Male
Status: Offline

Donor: Guardian (2010)
okay I'll start working on a spreadsheet in excel to manage stats and general activity in mafia games, starting from Paidea's game.

I think we should stop after 10 rounds to do awards, I'll keep stats on going.

__________________
|Items and Monster Database Staff|Villager Writer|Guide Writer|Image
|Legend|
Gamestar is my twin :D



Top
 Profile
 

 Post subject: Re: Super duper official mafia game hosting list to the max
PostPosted: April 18th, 2013, 2:07 am 
Big, dirty shithawks.
Village Staff
Village Staff
User avatar

Joined: July 19th, 2004, 10:21 pm
Posts: 6,079
Location: Being white in Baltimore
Gender: Male
Status: Offline
Godders wrote:
Put me down somewhere-ish.


And I hope you've learned since your last blunder?

Seriously, man. That game was really, really bad. And it wasn't just that it was bad, it was poorly managed. Not trying to be a dick here, but just as a host expects the players to play with some decency, the players expect the host to host with some decency. Which includes crafting a well balanced game that should be fun to play, as well as managing it well and with some effort.

I'll put you on the list, though, because everyone deserves a second chance. ;)

__________________
Image
Awesome Squall sprite courtesy of Goten! Check here if you'd like a runescape or game-themed sprite!
Hidden: 
Jackstick wrote:
bluecoat is the tracker, Market Man6 is the detective, Paidea is the watcher, Super Saiyan Goku is the Doctor, Stone Cold Steve Austin is the Janitor, and I'm the Godfather.


Top
 Profile YIM 
 

 Post subject: Re: Super duper official mafia game hosting list to the max
PostPosted: April 18th, 2013, 2:12 am 
RV's Swimming
Village Legend
Village Legend

Joined: January 11th, 2005, 2:30 pm
Posts: 3,839
Location: Southend on Sea, UK
Gender: Male
Status: Offline

Donor: Guardian (2010)
Landerpurex wrote:
Godders wrote:
Put me down somewhere-ish.


And I hope you've learned since your last blunder?

Seriously, man. That game was really, really bad. And it wasn't just that it was bad, it was poorly managed. Not trying to be a dick here, but just as a host expects the players to play with some decency, the players expect the host to host with some decency. Which includes crafting a well balanced game that should be fun to play, as well as managing it well and with some effort.

I'll put you on the list, though, because everyone deserves a second chance. ;)


Was that the game with both town, masons, cult and mafia? I remember sayaka and I had really obscure powers as mafia, and it descended into chaos rather quickly.

It should probably be made a requirement that if you're new to hosting, then keep it simple with a vanilla (or at least an already established) setup.

__________________
|Items and Monster Database Staff|Villager Writer|Guide Writer|Image
|Legend|
Gamestar is my twin :D



Top
 Profile
 

 Post subject: Re: Super duper official mafia game hosting list to the max
PostPosted: April 18th, 2013, 6:37 am 
Hello Ladies.
Village Staff
Village Staff
User avatar

Joined: October 14th, 2009, 3:38 pm
Posts: 3,025
Gender: Male
Status: Offline
Aragorn Ix wrote:
Landerpurex wrote:
Godders wrote:
Put me down somewhere-ish.


And I hope you've learned since your last blunder?

Seriously, man. That game was really, really bad. And it wasn't just that it was bad, it was poorly managed. Not trying to be a dick here, but just as a host expects the players to play with some decency, the players expect the host to host with some decency. Which includes crafting a well balanced game that should be fun to play, as well as managing it well and with some effort.

I'll put you on the list, though, because everyone deserves a second chance. ;)


Was that the game with both town, masons, cult and mafia? I remember sayaka and I had really obscure powers as mafia, and it descended into chaos rather quickly.

It should probably be made a requirement that if you're new to hosting, then keep it simple with a vanilla (or at least an already established) setup.


I may just do something like a 2 of 4 Mafia game or something.

__________________
Image Image Image Image
Image

There are 10 types of people in the world, the ones that understand binary, and the ones that don't.

Thanks Lou for the help with the avatar.


Top
 Profile
 

 Post subject: Re: Super duper official mafia game hosting list to the max
PostPosted: April 18th, 2013, 9:37 am 
RV's Swimming
Village Legend
Village Legend

Joined: January 11th, 2005, 2:30 pm
Posts: 3,839
Location: Southend on Sea, UK
Gender: Male
Status: Offline

Donor: Guardian (2010)
Just a word on the statistics aspect of mafia:

If you host, can you make sure that there is a summary of the game/players before hand; day/night actions and players remaining; and a final summary post-game.

I'm pretty sure everyone does this anyway, but keep notes as it'll make updating the statistics far simpler.

__________________
|Items and Monster Database Staff|Villager Writer|Guide Writer|Image
|Legend|
Gamestar is my twin :D



Top
 Profile
 

 Post subject: Re: Super duper official mafia game hosting list to the max
PostPosted: April 18th, 2013, 2:48 pm 
Big, dirty shithawks.
Village Staff
Village Staff
User avatar

Joined: July 19th, 2004, 10:21 pm
Posts: 6,079
Location: Being white in Baltimore
Gender: Male
Status: Offline
Godders wrote:
Aragorn Ix wrote:
Landerpurex wrote:
Godders wrote:
Put me down somewhere-ish.


And I hope you've learned since your last blunder?

Seriously, man. That game was really, really bad. And it wasn't just that it was bad, it was poorly managed. Not trying to be a dick here, but just as a host expects the players to play with some decency, the players expect the host to host with some decency. Which includes crafting a well balanced game that should be fun to play, as well as managing it well and with some effort.

I'll put you on the list, though, because everyone deserves a second chance. ;)


Was that the game with both town, masons, cult and mafia? I remember sayaka and I had really obscure powers as mafia, and it descended into chaos rather quickly.

It should probably be made a requirement that if you're new to hosting, then keep it simple with a vanilla (or at least an already established) setup.


Yeah, exactly. There's nothing wrong with the old Detective, Doctor, and the rest vanilla town and vanilla mafia. Maybe a roleblocker thrown in on the mafia's side. Simpler=easier.

I may just do something like a 2 of 4 Mafia game or something.

__________________
Image
Awesome Squall sprite courtesy of Goten! Check here if you'd like a runescape or game-themed sprite!
Hidden: 
Jackstick wrote:
bluecoat is the tracker, Market Man6 is the detective, Paidea is the watcher, Super Saiyan Goku is the Doctor, Stone Cold Steve Austin is the Janitor, and I'm the Godfather.


Top
 Profile YIM 
 

 Post subject: Re: Super duper official mafia game hosting list to the max
PostPosted: April 18th, 2013, 2:52 pm 
Hello Ladies.
Village Staff
Village Staff
User avatar

Joined: October 14th, 2009, 3:38 pm
Posts: 3,025
Gender: Male
Status: Offline
Landerpurex wrote:
Godders wrote:
Yeah, exactly. There's nothing wrong with the old Detective, Doctor, and the rest vanilla town and vanilla mafia. Maybe a roleblocker thrown in on the mafia's side. Simpler=easier.

I may just do something like a 2 of 4 Mafia game or something.


I didn't say that first part. :?: Did you mean to say that instead of changing what i said and quoting me?

__________________
Image Image Image Image
Image

There are 10 types of people in the world, the ones that understand binary, and the ones that don't.

Thanks Lou for the help with the avatar.


Top
 Profile
 

 Post subject: Re: Super duper official mafia game hosting list to the max
PostPosted: April 18th, 2013, 2:54 pm 
Village Elder
Village Elder
User avatar

Joined: November 3rd, 2004, 10:57 am
Posts: 13,833
Location: Zulu Squad for life! Member Number = #38048
Gender: Male
Status: Offline
Feel free to put down that mine will be a Game of Thrones variant.

__________________
Image
Thank You For The Sig Stalesoul!
ImageImageImageImageImageImage


Top
 Profile
 

 Post subject: Re: Super duper official mafia game hosting list to the max
PostPosted: April 18th, 2013, 6:22 pm 
Big, dirty shithawks.
Village Staff
Village Staff
User avatar

Joined: July 19th, 2004, 10:21 pm
Posts: 6,079
Location: Being white in Baltimore
Gender: Male
Status: Offline
Godders wrote:
Landerpurex wrote:
Godders wrote:
Yeah, exactly. There's nothing wrong with the old Detective, Doctor, and the rest vanilla town and vanilla mafia. Maybe a roleblocker thrown in on the mafia's side. Simpler=easier.

I may just do something like a 2 of 4 Mafia game or something.


I didn't say that first part. :?: Did you mean to say that instead of changing what i said and quoting me?


Yeah it got all janked up.

Yeah, exactly. There's nothing wrong with the old Detective, Doctor, and the rest vanilla town and vanilla mafia. Maybe a roleblocker thrown in on the mafia's side. Simpler=easier.

That's what I meant.

Doc do you want to be moved elsewhere on the list, since we generally don't want two variants in a row? I don't know how variant-y you plan on making yours, a theme doesn't necessarily equal a variant.

__________________
Image
Awesome Squall sprite courtesy of Goten! Check here if you'd like a runescape or game-themed sprite!
Hidden: 
Jackstick wrote:
bluecoat is the tracker, Market Man6 is the detective, Paidea is the watcher, Super Saiyan Goku is the Doctor, Stone Cold Steve Austin is the Janitor, and I'm the Godfather.


Top
 Profile YIM 
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 1 of 6
 [ 116 posts ] 
Go to page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next »  Page:

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  

cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
The Village and this web site are © 2002-2012

ThePub 2.0 - Designed by Goten & Jackstick. Coded by Glodenox & Henner.
With many thanks to the Website Team!