All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic   Page 7 of 8
 [ 157 posts ] 
Go to page: « Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next »  Page:
Author Message

 Post subject: Re: Secret Santa Mafia: Day 3
PostPosted: December 8th, 2016, 10:53 pm 
Village Czar
Village Czar

Joined: July 9th, 2003, 1:15 am
Posts: 2,251
Location: Michigan
Gender: Male
Status: Offline

Donor: Prince (2011)
Landerpurex wrote:
Are we gonna at least try to lynch someone or are we just gonna stand around and let the mafia win?

Well Top and I are trading votes. You could reasonably jump on either one of them to see if Aragorn will follow. Or you could vote Aragorn and see if Top and I would be willing to float over.

As much as I think Top is the likely mafioso here I'm not 100% sold on Aragorn. I traded you the snowball to prove that I hadn't role blocked Top. If Top is being honest about his claim of being role blocked then Aragorn or you had to have done it. And considering that Aragorn is the claimed Abominable Snowman that any item he touches turns into a snowball and with a not-explicit claim of being town aligned I know where all logic points where the block came from. Aragorn is explicit that he didn't do it. I made it as provable as I can that I did not block him.

That said, this all feels like a ploy to get us to sit on our hands.

__________________
ImageSignature made by: Chicken.
HENNER MONTH! AWESOME! HENNER IS AWESOME! HENNER RULES! I LUVS TEH HENNER!


Top
 Profile
 

 Post subject: Re: Secret Santa Mafia: Day 3
PostPosted: December 8th, 2016, 11:02 pm 
Big, dirty shithawks.
Village Staff
Village Staff
User avatar

Joined: July 19th, 2004, 10:21 pm
Posts: 6,079
Location: Being white in Baltimore
Gender: Male
Status: Offline
Frank 4.0.1

__________________
Image
Awesome Squall sprite courtesy of Goten! Check here if you'd like a runescape or game-themed sprite!
Hidden: 
Jackstick wrote:
bluecoat is the tracker, Market Man6 is the detective, Paidea is the watcher, Super Saiyan Goku is the Doctor, Stone Cold Steve Austin is the Janitor, and I'm the Godfather.


Top
 Profile YIM 
 

 Post subject: Re: Secret Santa Mafia: Day 3
PostPosted: December 8th, 2016, 11:09 pm 
Village Czar
Village Czar

Joined: July 9th, 2003, 1:15 am
Posts: 2,251
Location: Michigan
Gender: Male
Status: Offline

Donor: Prince (2011)
Landerpurex wrote:
Frank 4.0.1

Make good use of the snowball.

To Aragorn: I know you're very adverse to lynching Top but when tomorrow comes you really should reconsider. Lander is the most likely town of all the players here.

__________________
ImageSignature made by: Chicken.
HENNER MONTH! AWESOME! HENNER IS AWESOME! HENNER RULES! I LUVS TEH HENNER!


Top
 Profile
 

 Post subject: Re: Secret Santa Mafia: Day 3
PostPosted: December 9th, 2016, 2:05 am 
RV's Swimming
Village Legend
Village Legend

Joined: January 11th, 2005, 2:30 pm
Posts: 3,839
Location: Southend on Sea, UK
Gender: Male
Status: Offline

Donor: Guardian (2010)
Frank 4.0.1 wrote:
Landerpurex wrote:
Are we gonna at least try to lynch someone or are we just gonna stand around and let the mafia win?

Well Top and I are trading votes. You could reasonably jump on either one of them to see if Aragorn will follow. Or you could vote Aragorn and see if Top and I would be willing to float over.

As much as I think Top is the likely mafioso here I'm not 100% sold on Aragorn. I traded you the snowball to prove that I hadn't role blocked Top. If Top is being honest about his claim of being role blocked then Aragorn or you had to have done it. And considering that Aragorn is the claimed Abominable Snowman that any item he touches turns into a snowball and with a not-explicit claim of being town aligned I know where all logic points where the block came from. Aragorn is explicit that he didn't do it. I made it as provable as I can that I did not block him.

That said, this all feels like a ploy to get us to sit on our hands.


That's not what I said about my role. I destroy any item given to me that isn't a snowball. I'm out of items so unless someone gives me a snowball I'm not going to have any to use.

My strategy from here on out:

Lynch frank, lander blocks top with snowball. If mafia night kill fails it is almost certainly because top was blocked. If it doesn't well we've lost anyway so not much sense worrying about it.

Frank

__________________
|Items and Monster Database Staff|Villager Writer|Guide Writer|Image
|Legend|
Gamestar is my twin :D



Top
 Profile
 

 Post subject: Re: Secret Santa Mafia: Day 3
PostPosted: December 9th, 2016, 2:12 am 
Village Czar
Village Czar

Joined: July 9th, 2003, 1:15 am
Posts: 2,251
Location: Michigan
Gender: Male
Status: Offline

Donor: Prince (2011)
Aragorn Ix wrote:
Frank 4.0.1 wrote:
Landerpurex wrote:
Are we gonna at least try to lynch someone or are we just gonna stand around and let the mafia win?

Well Top and I are trading votes. You could reasonably jump on either one of them to see if Aragorn will follow. Or you could vote Aragorn and see if Top and I would be willing to float over.

As much as I think Top is the likely mafioso here I'm not 100% sold on Aragorn. I traded you the snowball to prove that I hadn't role blocked Top. If Top is being honest about his claim of being role blocked then Aragorn or you had to have done it. And considering that Aragorn is the claimed Abominable Snowman that any item he touches turns into a snowball and with a not-explicit claim of being town aligned I know where all logic points where the block came from. Aragorn is explicit that he didn't do it. I made it as provable as I can that I did not block him.

That said, this all feels like a ploy to get us to sit on our hands.


That's not what I said about my role. I destroy any item given to me that isn't a snowball. I'm out of items so unless someone gives me a snowball I'm not going to have any to use.

My strategy from here on out:

Lynch frank, lander blocks top with snowball. If mafia night kill fails it is almost certainly because top was blocked. If it doesn't well we've lost anyway so not much sense worrying about it.

Frank


Sound strategy... Though if you insist you didn't roleblock Top and I traded my item that could roleblock Top then we've open up the posibility that he lied about it and can't be roleblocked... After all, no one seems to be talking about *how* he got roleblocked.

__________________
ImageSignature made by: Chicken.
HENNER MONTH! AWESOME! HENNER IS AWESOME! HENNER RULES! I LUVS TEH HENNER!


Top
 Profile
 

 Post subject: Re: Secret Santa Mafia: Day 3
PostPosted: December 9th, 2016, 3:13 am 
Supreme Discord Overlord
RV Discord Administrator
RV Discord Administrator
User avatar

Joined: October 8th, 2004, 3:46 pm
Posts: 7,465
Location: L O N D O N
Gender: Male
Status: Offline

Donor: Guardian (2009)
Well that's certainly not how I expected that to go down.

I have my doubts about whether the game is going to end here... while I'm certain Aragorn isn't mafia, he is more than likely a third-party. Whether he wins as a survivor or as a last-man-standing, I guess we'll find out soon.

I apologize for my conduct during this day phase. I was a bit caught off guard being suddenly accused in such a fashion, and when my 'perfect plan' to confirm my role and duplicate the glass failed, I kind of started to panic. When Frank pointed out I missed Lander's roleclaim, I got extremely frustrated with myself and kind of started to lash out.

It was poor form and I made things a little more personal than they should be. :\

__________________
Feel free to add me on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Topsummoner

Join us at the RV Discord Channel: https://discord.gg/DgtPWPM


Top
 Profile
 

 Post subject: Re: Secret Santa Mafia: Day 3
PostPosted: December 9th, 2016, 8:16 pm 
Level 0
Village Elder
Village Elder
User avatar

Joined: May 13th, 2004, 6:41 pm
Posts: 18,907
Location: The Tower of Mist
Status: Offline

Donor: Wizard (2013)
Friend of Hiker
Sorry for the 14-hour outage. Somehow a file got deleted? I replaced it with a backup and I'll see if my hosting provider has any logs of it going away or why.

__________________
Image

.
Image

.
Legendary themed months are back! Maybe.
Image
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Top
 Profile WWW 
 

 Post subject: Re: Secret Santa Mafia: Day 3
PostPosted: December 10th, 2016, 12:30 am 
Supreme Discord Overlord
RV Discord Administrator
RV Discord Administrator
User avatar

Joined: October 8th, 2004, 3:46 pm
Posts: 7,465
Location: L O N D O N
Gender: Male
Status: Offline

Donor: Guardian (2009)
So uhh... what's happening? Does Aragorn's vote not count because he didn't include the numbers? Is Paidea just too busy to update? He didn't even give us a vote count like usual so I'm inclined to believe that...

__________________
Feel free to add me on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Topsummoner

Join us at the RV Discord Channel: https://discord.gg/DgtPWPM


Top
 Profile
 

 Post subject: Re: Secret Santa Mafia: Day 3
PostPosted: December 10th, 2016, 2:53 am 
RV's Swimming
Village Legend
Village Legend

Joined: January 11th, 2005, 2:30 pm
Posts: 3,839
Location: Southend on Sea, UK
Gender: Male
Status: Offline

Donor: Guardian (2010)
Topsummoner wrote:
So uhh... what's happening? Does Aragorn's vote not count because he didn't include the numbers? Is Paidea just too busy to update? He didn't even give us a vote count like usual so I'm inclined to believe that...


I think it's just a delay because of the outage, surely putting the numbers isn't necessary?

__________________
|Items and Monster Database Staff|Villager Writer|Guide Writer|Image
|Legend|
Gamestar is my twin :D



Top
 Profile
 

 Post subject: Re: Secret Santa Mafia: Day 3
PostPosted: December 10th, 2016, 3:40 am 
Village Czar
Village Czar

Joined: July 9th, 2003, 1:15 am
Posts: 2,251
Location: Michigan
Gender: Male
Status: Offline

Donor: Prince (2011)
I think Paidea is just caught up on some stuff. I used the magnifying glass shortly after the trade with Top was completed and I still haven't got a PM from that. The numbers have never been necessary before to vote for me.

__________________
ImageSignature made by: Chicken.
HENNER MONTH! AWESOME! HENNER IS AWESOME! HENNER RULES! I LUVS TEH HENNER!


Top
 Profile
 

 Post subject: Re: Secret Santa Mafia: Day 3
PostPosted: December 12th, 2016, 8:20 am 
Village Elder
Village Elder
User avatar

Joined: August 27th, 2007, 7:00 pm
Posts: 4,361
Gender: Male
Status: Offline
Lynch Vote: Majority Reached!
Frank (3): Topsummoner, Landerpurex, Aragorn
Topsummoner (1): Frank

Day 3 has ended.

After working through many failures, setbacks, and puzzling obstacles, the citizens of the North Pole finally came to a conclusion. Thanks to gaping holes in the murderous story, unaccounted for items and alibis, and a seemingly unexplained lapse in the time continuum that added up to three days, Santa's Workshop had managed to use the evidence at their disposal in the most perfunctory manner. Despite this, their efforts produced justice.

Frank, Elf Smuggler, aligned with the Rogues, has been strung from some tinsel and hanged from the mantel. Items in possession: Coal, Magnifying Glass.

Nobody will receive a Gift.

Night 3 has begun. It will end approximately 36 hours from now, on December 14th at 8:30 P.M. CST.

Notes: Sorry about the delay.

__________________
Hidden: 
Bloodypurex wrote:
The Rocky Horror wrote:
Paidea wrote:
And you're not dead yet? Topsummoner

~Paidea

His logic is flawless. Topsummoner

I concur. We must lynch him now for the sake of the metagame, we MUST teach people that they can't go around claiming "anniversary" and expect leniency. Topsummoner.


Top
 Profile YIM 
 

 Post subject: Re: Secret Santa Mafia: Night 3
PostPosted: December 15th, 2016, 1:38 pm 
Village Elder
Village Elder
User avatar

Joined: August 27th, 2007, 7:00 pm
Posts: 4,361
Gender: Male
Status: Offline
Although Santa was no longer around to spread cheer and deliver gifts, the inhabitants of the North Pole received a welcome present: nobody had been terrorized by the Rogues last night. With a renewed sense of purpose, they met at Santa's Workshop one last time to discuss their next course of action.

Nobody died.

Day 4 has begun. It will end approximately 72 hours from now, on December 18th at 1:30 P.M. CST. With 3 players remaining, 2 votes are required for a Lynch or a Gift.

Lynch Vote
Not voting (3): Topsummoner, Landerpurex, Aragorn

Gift Vote
Not voting (3): Topsummoner, Landerpurex, Aragorn

Notes: Today is LYLO.

__________________
Hidden: 
Bloodypurex wrote:
The Rocky Horror wrote:
Paidea wrote:
And you're not dead yet? Topsummoner

~Paidea

His logic is flawless. Topsummoner

I concur. We must lynch him now for the sake of the metagame, we MUST teach people that they can't go around claiming "anniversary" and expect leniency. Topsummoner.


Top
 Profile YIM 
 

 Post subject: Re: Secret Santa Mafia: Day 4
PostPosted: December 15th, 2016, 9:28 pm 
Big, dirty shithawks.
Village Staff
Village Staff
User avatar

Joined: July 19th, 2004, 10:21 pm
Posts: 6,079
Location: Being white in Baltimore
Gender: Male
Status: Offline
Welp.

I roleblocked Aragorn for obvious reasons. Most likely scenario: Aragorn must die for the town to win.

Far, far less likely scenario: Top is somehow mafia/third party and Aragorns presence precludes an even numbers beat down (frank and top as mafia, aragorn and me as 3rd party/town).

Another reason this is highly unlikely is if top were mafia he would have just made his nightkill last night and won, precluding some info from aragorn.

The one question I have, aragorn, is you said you could win with the mafia or town. If top and I are town, why is the game not over?

Likely because we have to eliminate ALL threats to the town, and you my friend, are a threat to the town.

So yeah, I'm down to lynch aragorn today but I would like to hear from you guys first.

We will speak of my change of heart and vote for frank after the game is over. It has no bearing on what's going on right now.

__________________
Image
Awesome Squall sprite courtesy of Goten! Check here if you'd like a runescape or game-themed sprite!
Hidden: 
Jackstick wrote:
bluecoat is the tracker, Market Man6 is the detective, Paidea is the watcher, Super Saiyan Goku is the Doctor, Stone Cold Steve Austin is the Janitor, and I'm the Godfather.


Top
 Profile YIM 
 

 Post subject: Re: Secret Santa Mafia: Day 4
PostPosted: December 15th, 2016, 9:29 pm 
Supreme Discord Overlord
RV Discord Administrator
RV Discord Administrator
User avatar

Joined: October 8th, 2004, 3:46 pm
Posts: 7,465
Location: L O N D O N
Gender: Male
Status: Offline

Donor: Guardian (2009)
I also roleblocked Aragorn last night. Don't think there's much left to discuss.

Aragorn

__________________
Feel free to add me on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Topsummoner

Join us at the RV Discord Channel: https://discord.gg/DgtPWPM


Top
 Profile
 

 Post subject: Re: Secret Santa Mafia: Day 4
PostPosted: December 15th, 2016, 9:31 pm 
Big, dirty shithawks.
Village Staff
Village Staff
User avatar

Joined: July 19th, 2004, 10:21 pm
Posts: 6,079
Location: Being white in Baltimore
Gender: Male
Status: Offline
Topsummoner wrote:
I also roleblocked Aragorn last night. Don't think there's much left to discuss.

Aragorn


Yeah, probably not. I'd still like to hear from him. I'm genuinely curious as to why the game isn't over.

__________________
Image
Awesome Squall sprite courtesy of Goten! Check here if you'd like a runescape or game-themed sprite!
Hidden: 
Jackstick wrote:
bluecoat is the tracker, Market Man6 is the detective, Paidea is the watcher, Super Saiyan Goku is the Doctor, Stone Cold Steve Austin is the Janitor, and I'm the Godfather.


Top
 Profile YIM 
 

 Post subject: Re: Secret Santa Mafia: Day 4
PostPosted: December 16th, 2016, 1:51 am 
RV's Swimming
Village Legend
Village Legend

Joined: January 11th, 2005, 2:30 pm
Posts: 3,839
Location: Southend on Sea, UK
Gender: Male
Status: Offline

Donor: Guardian (2010)
You got me!

I'm a survivor style role so win on my own only. That being said I thought the game would end if there was only town left. Didn't realise it functioned this way which makes it nigh on impossible to win...

__________________
|Items and Monster Database Staff|Villager Writer|Guide Writer|Image
|Legend|
Gamestar is my twin :D



Top
 Profile
 

 Post subject: Re: Secret Santa Mafia: Day 4
PostPosted: December 16th, 2016, 2:10 am 
Big, dirty shithawks.
Village Staff
Village Staff
User avatar

Joined: July 19th, 2004, 10:21 pm
Posts: 6,079
Location: Being white in Baltimore
Gender: Male
Status: Offline
Aragorn IX

__________________
Image
Awesome Squall sprite courtesy of Goten! Check here if you'd like a runescape or game-themed sprite!
Hidden: 
Jackstick wrote:
bluecoat is the tracker, Market Man6 is the detective, Paidea is the watcher, Super Saiyan Goku is the Doctor, Stone Cold Steve Austin is the Janitor, and I'm the Godfather.


Top
 Profile YIM 
 

 Post subject: Re: Secret Santa Mafia: Day 4
PostPosted: December 16th, 2016, 2:42 am 
RV's Swimming
Village Legend
Village Legend

Joined: January 11th, 2005, 2:30 pm
Posts: 3,839
Location: Southend on Sea, UK
Gender: Male
Status: Offline

Donor: Guardian (2010)
Landerpurex wrote:
Aragorn IX


Wait, you hadn't already voted for me?

Well I guess you were going to vote for me anyway but I probably shouldn't have made it easy for you. Oops

Props if one of you is mafia haha

__________________
|Items and Monster Database Staff|Villager Writer|Guide Writer|Image
|Legend|
Gamestar is my twin :D



Top
 Profile
 

 Post subject: Re: Secret Santa Mafia: Day 4
PostPosted: December 16th, 2016, 4:14 am 
Supreme Discord Overlord
RV Discord Administrator
RV Discord Administrator
User avatar

Joined: October 8th, 2004, 3:46 pm
Posts: 7,465
Location: L O N D O N
Gender: Male
Status: Offline

Donor: Guardian (2009)
kek

__________________
Feel free to add me on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Topsummoner

Join us at the RV Discord Channel: https://discord.gg/DgtPWPM


Top
 Profile
 

 Post subject: Re: Secret Santa Mafia: Day 4
PostPosted: December 16th, 2016, 5:52 pm 
Village Elder
Village Elder
User avatar

Joined: August 27th, 2007, 7:00 pm
Posts: 4,361
Gender: Male
Status: Offline
Lynch Vote: Majority Reached!
Aragorn (2): Topsummoner, Landerpurex
Not voting (1): Aragorn

Day 4 has ended.

In the most anti-climatic ending, the last of the Workers had flushed out the final threat in the North Pole. It turned out that the innocuous, charming polar bear who handed out Coca Colas in the break room was actually a savage, destructive urban legend in-the-flesh. Using some Christmas Lights as trip wire and some fireplace logs as wheels, the inhabitants rolled the huge Yeti down the hill and over a cliff. Santa's Workshop was finally safe!

Aragorn, The Abominable Snowman, aligned with the White Wilderness, has been tossed over the Arctic mountain range. Items in possession: none.

Nobody will receive a Gift.

The game is over. Santa's Workshop (Town) has eliminated all threats and wins!

__________________
Hidden: 
Bloodypurex wrote:
The Rocky Horror wrote:
Paidea wrote:
And you're not dead yet? Topsummoner

~Paidea

His logic is flawless. Topsummoner

I concur. We must lynch him now for the sake of the metagame, we MUST teach people that they can't go around claiming "anniversary" and expect leniency. Topsummoner.


Top
 Profile YIM 
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 7 of 8
 [ 157 posts ] 
Go to page: « Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next »  Page:

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  

cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
The Village and this web site are © 2002-2012

ThePub 2.0 - Designed by Goten & Jackstick. Coded by Glodenox & Henner.
With many thanks to the Website Team!